Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 5:31 am

Anyone elses kate rejecting metabank vgc from staples this am?? It says card not accepted
Old May 24, 2016, 1:35 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by gan911
Anyone elses kate rejecting metabank vgc from staples this am?? It says card not accepted
Yes, same for me. Checked my VGCs and there are no records of the transactions. (Funds are still on cards). Hopefully just a glitch...
Old May 24, 2016, 1:49 pm

I was able to load the $200 VGC from Staples to GoBank this noon. If at times Kate rejects them, I go to the register lane or ask cashier at SCO.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:03 am

So I was loading money with simon vgc on kate at walmart. After the step that entered the PIN of the vgc and NO CASH BACK. The kate shows "Your Card was declined. Please select a different method of payment." I am sure the vgc and the serve works fine. So where is the problem?
Old May 25, 2016, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by taiquanxx
I am sure the vgc and the serve works fine. So where is the problem?
How are you sure? Have you tried loading with a real debit online?
Old May 25, 2016, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
How are you sure? Have you tried loading with a real debit online?
Cause then I loaded my serve with those vgcs at register.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:47 am

So I was loading money with simon vgc on kate at walmart. After the step that entered the PIN of the vgc and NO CASH BACK. The kate shows "Your Card was declined. Please select a different method of payment." I am sure the vgc and the serve works fine. So where is the problem?
that happens every now and then that's why I go to the friendly cashier at SCO and "problem" is usually fixed.
Old May 26, 2016, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I was able to load the $200 VGC from Staples to GoBank this noon. If at times Kate rejects them, I go to the register lane or ask cashier at SCO.
yep, same here at kate, but went thru fine at the registers

what's SCO?
Old May 26, 2016, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
what's SCO?
Self Checkout
Old May 26, 2016, 10:37 pm

wonder if this issue is temp; hope so... last weekend successfully loaded $500 us bank vgc, but earlier today no go for the metabank vgc
Old May 28, 2016, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
wonder if this issue is temp; hope so... last weekend successfully loaded $500 us bank vgc, but earlier today no go for the metabank vgc
I had no luck today at a KATE that has been pretty reliable for the past few months. I registered the cards and changed the PINs. Will try again tomorrow.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:04 pm

Farewell Dear Friend

Well, it's been a good run. My Kate has stopped accepting MB VGCs for MOs and loading to Go Bank. Looks like the game is over for me. It's been fun while it laster but time to move on. Good luck everyone!
Old May 30, 2016, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by makelab
I had no luck today at a KATE that has been pretty reliable for the past few months. I registered the cards and changed the PINs. Will try again tomorrow.
No luck today. Not a good feeling - wondering if it is only MB VGC since they own the machine. Tempted to get something from Bancorp or VV to see if it works. Will also try CS.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by makelab
No luck today. Not a good feeling - wondering if it is only MB VGC since they own the machine. Tempted to get something from Bancorp or VV to see if it works. Will also try CS.
I did not have luck either today. Bought several VGC from simon mall, and headed to walmart, but the kate keep saying "Your Card was declined. Please select a different method of payment."

I'm wondering whether this is due to metabank system.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:45 pm

Same issue here. "Invalid payment" for a Greenie to the WM Money Card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.