Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
There are really Kates that still allow buying MOs? I thought all Kates nationwide removed that option. Even the ones that I used to see with that option on the welcome screen, when you press on it..it will say "Please see a MC associate to help with this transaction" or something like that.
All of the Kates in my area (San Diego) do that as well

But I have heard reports (within the last six months or so) that there are a very few left that still sell money orders, including at least one on SoCal (don't ask me which one, as it was told to me in confidence, and I don't remember the exact location anyway as it is farther than I'm willing to go from home). It is at least worth trying once if you see a working Kate.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:07 pm

It seems my local WM (bay area) has the new 1% cash back Moneycard now, not the old Basic/Plus/Preferred card. Can this new card be loaded at Kate with debit card?
Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:46 am

Had an interesting session with KATE today. I swiped and finished my $500 VGC. As I attempted to do my second one, after clicking on the home screen to load walmart money card, a screen popped up and said I was only able to load "4 $500 giftcard/debit transaction" and it wouldn't let me. I backed out, then clicked on BLUEBIRD, and it went through fine. It was the first time I've seen this.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by xiaoming1970
It seems my local WM (bay area) has the new 1% cash back Moneycard now, not the old Basic/Plus/Preferred card. Can this new card be loaded at Kate with debit card?
Thanks.
who cares? green dot and $75 annual limit in rewards
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Bought 2K in Simon Cards today and only 2 of the 6 work at Walmart... Kinda freaking out about what to do now...
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mcdonoughdr
Bought 2K in Simon Cards today and only 2 of the 6 work at Walmart... Kinda freaking out about what to do now...
Why would 2k be 6 cards?

I'd recommend giving them a try at a grocer who sells MO for debit. You're not the only one having problems with BH cards right now.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:31 pm

Here is a puzzle I encountered today.

According to wiki - if you try loading VGC into your Serve via Kate and get "debit not approved", it could mean you exceeded your limit for this month.

I, however, know for sure I still have room to go, and yet I got this message trying to load my Simon Mall VGC. I had three of them. The funny thing is - the first card went through without any problem, but I got this message trying to load the next one. (I checked all my cards - they are all active, and the money is there).

Then - as I happened to have a $300 VGC from Staples in my wallet - I thought I would try to load it. Same message.

The actual receipt from these transactions said: "debit not approved host timeout".

I tried Kate at another WM (same day) - with similar result. It did, however, accept the $300 VGC (that was declined at the previous Kate), but still did not accept any of my two remaining $500 VGCs.

I didn't have my normal debit card with me, but later I tried to load Serve online with it, and it works. So it does not seem that my Serve is a problem. I am still below $5000 per month limit.

I am puzzled now. Could anyone venture a guess of what seems to be the problem here?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Mcdonoughdr
I don't know if the Simon Gift Cards work like they used to. I bought some and tried to buy MO's at a Post Office, but was denied using it as debit. Not sure if it's because the GC's have changed or policy has changed (they were from the Blackhawk network).
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:12 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I'm having similar issues, in4tar. My reloads are getting difficult. I'm using different cards for the loads (a $20 debit I've had for a while, and an assortment of newly bought Staples gc's), with no luck. Today I couldn't load anything at all. My last try at WM, I had one success and the rest were no go's. I tried the Kate, a register and the Money Center.
I had mixed results at Rite Aid... nothing one day, but 3 $200's loaded at RA easily the next day.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by manico
I don't know if the Simon Gift Cards work like they used to. I bought some and tried to buy MO's at a Post Office, but was denied using it as debit. Not sure if it's because the GC's have changed or policy has changed (they were from the Blackhawk network).
As far as I know, SMGC never worked for USPS MOs because it knew you were trying to buy a MO or do a "cash access" transaction.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Walmart Money Kiosks(2016)

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
I got 3 cards from SIMON saying Debit not available at KATE and WALLY. Any idea how to get around this?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan
I got 3 cards from SIMON saying Debit not available at KATE and WALLY. Any idea how to get around this?
some suggested it might be software update or something of that kind. I guess it's best to wait a few days and try again. Can't think of any other option right now.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:27 pm

A Kate in my city hasn't taken gift cards for at least 2 months. I attempted a Chase debit card last week (tied to checking account), and it won't take that either (it stalls at the "enter PIN" screen" after swiping the debit). I waited in the long cust. service line for 15 min but eventually left due to no movement.

What's the appropriate way to handle a Kate that won't take ANY debit card? The phone # on the front of the machine is 1-800-WALMART. Debit loading is a feature of Bluebird, so I'm puzzled that a Kate could completely block ALL DEBIT CARDS.

Should I tell in-store cust.service that the machine isn't functioning?
Should I call the 800 Walmart #?
Should I email Bluebird?

I don't want to call excessive attention to Kate-loading, BUT when a Kate blocks the normal Bluebird features for more than 2 months it's a big problem.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: HHonor PM; Hyatt Dia;Marriott PP; Delta PM
Any advice on Serve card loading via Money Kiosk

I have not done much MS lately, but am starting again slowly.

I purchased a US Visa GC at a local grocery store, which has the Pin inside, for $450. I have tried to do a single load onto my Serve card at 2 different WM checkout registers and one WM Money Kiosk, all at different stores on different days. I even tried to just load $100 using the GC one of the times at the register. Even though I have not used my serve card in a while I thought that it may have possibly been shut down. So I used the Money center Kiosk and was able to load $5, so the card is still active. Error code is Debit not available

I am not using a vanilla card, like I said it is a US Bank Visa GC. Has anyone else had similar difficulties?

Last edited by aclar08; Feb 18, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.