Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:45 am

I am living in Central Texas, and all Kate died couple months ago.
Is there any alive Kate in Houston, or Dallas area?
Thanks!
I am also going for a trip in LA this winter. Any data points in south California are appreciated!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by albertxue
I am also going for a trip in LA this winter. Any data points in south California are appreciated!
There are none.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by albertxue
I am living in Central Texas, and all Kate died couple months ago.
Is there any alive Kate in Houston, or Dallas area?
Thanks!
I'm pretty sure that all Texas Kates are dead.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chippy111
I'm pretty sure that all Texas Kates are dead.
Yeah, I haven't seen a functional one in months here in Houston, though my caring level went down after my Serve died. They seem to be replacing them with regular ATMs when they get tired of the constant flashing error light that nobody ever seemed to care to fix
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Aloha, KATE?

Hey,

Does anyone know if KATE lives in Hawaii at all? I am working at sea, will not be in the US mainland until end of April, but will be in Hawaii a couple of times. Curious about trying KATE if she is anywhere about. I'm new to MS so my bird is still able to fly. I saw a Walmart in Honolulu the last time I was there but didn't stop in.

Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by Daichovo
Hey,

Does anyone know if KATE lives in Hawaii at all? I am working at sea, will not be in the US mainland until end of April, but will be in Hawaii a couple of times. Curious about trying KATE if she is anywhere about. I'm new to MS so my bird is still able to fly. I saw a Walmart in Honolulu the last time I was there but didn't stop in.

Thanks.
Aloha as in goodbye? Yes.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Daichovo
Hey,

Thanks.
You've been too long at sea. Kate is long gone.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:38 pm

Nothing in honolulu or kona. There was one in kona that still even had the money order function, but was gone last time i went in november. The one by ala moana would be in and out of service every other week until it disappeared.

MS is kind of slim here. Long's and walgreens are our only drug stores and i've never seen any cards over $50. The stock of GCs at officemax/depot is pretty random. I don't think there are any big gamers out here, so don't go ruining anything! haha
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Haha, I'm not a big gamer obviously. Had to wait a couple years so that my credit could build up to having decent cards. And I'll only be in Hawaii for a couple hours each time anyway so don't worry :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.