Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here done the survey that Kate sometimes provides on the receipts and actually won something? I finally read what it says and the prizes are 1 of 5 $1000 WM GC or 1 of 750 $100 WM GC. Just wondering if it's even worth doing the survey.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:46 pm

Just fyi, every kate ive chcked in dfw is down for the last few days... Idk whats going on
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by gan911
Just fyi, every kate ive chcked in dfw is down for the last few days... Idk whats going on
I guess that would explain why the 1 "golden" kate here has been absolutely flooded with MS noobs the past several weeks (months, maybe.)

I drove by, parked in a spot where I can see the kate inside the front doors from the lot, and waited in my warm car as some fella swiped and swiped. Then he paused, looked confused, and the big light on top began to flash red. He took a step back, looked both ways, then walked as absolutely fast as a man can walk without breaking into a run out the door and to his car.

I began my 10 minutes wait, hoping some associate would reset it before I needed to ask. In that 10 minutes, I watched 8 other people walk up to kate, seems confused, look up at the flashing light, then walk away. Some with an obvious stack of cards in hand. Some still in the packaging.

I've been at this awhile, but things like this still make me wary. I'd hate to be $10k deep when all (easy) avenues are suddenly shut-off (and they soon will be, I fear.)
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gan911
Most of the ones I know of within a reasonable distance of my house never work, to the point where the employees acknowledge they pretty much never work and have no desire to make them work. I posted a photo up thread a bit that around Halloween one of the kates I visit was completely covered in decorations and turned off.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:01 am

Does anyone know if the Kate in Martinez is working? I went there a couple weeks ago and it was down
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by weaver808
Does anyone know if the Kate in Martinez is working? I went there a couple weeks ago and it was down
There is no point asking here, only way is to go yourself. Because Kate's status can change anytime.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 5:32 pm

Had an interesting experience with my first ever Kate load today. I walked in while trying my best to be incognito and got ready to liquidate two VGCs. The first transaction went great, and I got started with my second. As I was doing this, a guy walked in with his two daughters to use the CoinStar machine, which is immediately adjacent to Kate.

He pulls out a giant paper bag packed with coins, probably the size of a milk carton. As he's maneuvering the bag to set it down, the bottom of the bag goes out and about $100 in change explodes like a bomb onto the floor two feet to my left. I probably jumped a few inches off the ground as I was already a little nervous.

So here I am in the middle of my 2nd transaction and about 3 WM employees and 5 customers are all around me on the floor helping this guy pick up his coins, which are now splatted in a circle with a 10' radius. Long story short, I got the 2nd card swiped and I was on my way. Glad I got that experience out of the way. Good ole WM.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:33 pm

My first ever KATE load was earlier this week, went great, I was so excited.

Today KATE is broken. I feel so legit now.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by thankyoupeters
He pulls out a giant paper bag packed with coins, probably the size of a milk carton. As he's maneuvering the bag to set it down, the bottom of the bag goes out and about $100 in change explodes like a bomb onto the floor two feet to my left. I probably jumped a few inches off the ground as I was already a little nervous
I hired that guy to distract everyone for my loads at CS, thanks for the dual distraction at Kate.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by weaver808
It's in a constant state of flux, down more often than up. Up this afternoon until the twatty overzealous front line manager accosted me 3 loads in said "Oh no you can't load more than one time, that structuring!" I replied "No it's no with a smirk and walked away as she shut the poor old girl down.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt
that's why you have to go when the money center isn't open. That way you can do your MS in peace
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by cKGunslinger
I've been at this awhile, but things like this still make me wary. I'd hate to be $10k deep when all (easy) avenues are suddenly shut-off (and they soon will be, I fear.)
Sometimes I hate being right.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:09 am

No use for Kate now after all the shutdowns.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:11 am

All of my Kates were finally working again and lo and behold I got the email from Amex stating my Serve account is being closed. Oh well.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:24 am

Kate is going to be lonely after today. Was fun while it lasted ol girl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.