Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by samwkchan
Anyone has successful reload with KATE recently in Chicagoland? They shut down some WM Express earlier and the WM I usually go has replaced KATE to an ordinary ATM machine...
I also was hit by these store closures. I haven't found any in the city. I've heard there are some if you are willing to go to the burbs
Old Feb 28, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by nivekious
With my main store at least I'm unfortunately not that lucky. I get the feeling they have had a bad experience with MSers in the past. The second you mention reloading the first question out of their mouth is "debit?" and when you say yes they immediately ask to see the card "to make sure it's real with your name on it and not a gift card." They also don't refill the MO paper in the KATE at either location near me to insure you can't get MOs with GCs. It's a real pain. Fortunately I've found other MO sources.
I was talking about getting a single money order, not trying to reload a prepaid. Any mention of reloading a prepaid, splitting tender, or beyond a single MO gets the response you indicated. With only one MO, it's usually easy to get in, get the one MO, and then leave.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:04 pm

Went into my usual place late last night. When I walked in, the kiosk had the redlight and said lane closed. I walked around the store bummed out and an employee informed me they were closing (it was midnight) so I made my way out. On the way,, I saw that the kiosk was magically normal again, so I went and did my two $500 BB loads from USBank VGC and left.

Any idea what was happening with the machine? Do they reset at midnight or something?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by mike64b
Went into my usual place late last night. When I walked in, the kiosk had the redlight and said lane closed. I walked around the store bummed out and an employee informed me they were closing (it was midnight) so I made my way out. On the way,, I saw that the kiosk was magically normal again, so I went and did my two $500 BB loads from USBank VGC and left.

Any idea what was happening with the machine? Do they reset at midnight or something?
Manager could have just turned on Kate
Old Mar 1, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Usually when Kates die they never come back, but one in my area just did - the pin pad was dead for months and all of a sudden it came back. This is one of my favorite locations because it has a combined Moneycenter/return line and the return line snakes in front of the Kate, so I am shielded from view.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:21 pm

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by samwkchan
Anyone has successful reload with KATE recently in Chicagoland? They shut down some WM Express earlier and the WM I usually go has replaced KATE to an ordinary ATM machine...
They removed the Kate by me and replaced it with a normal ATM as well. The cashiers now do not want to load BB reloads and send me off to customer service. Or they want to see the card I am using and will load it.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:43 pm
jyx

All three kates closest to me listed in moneypass maps have been replaced by regular ATM, which makes me believe it is a region-wide change. Somehow three are still listed in the maps. I am not sure how up-to-dated the maps are now
Old Mar 7, 2016, 5:07 pm

VGC and MGC not working in WM

Today I used the WM MCE kiosk to load the serve with VGC and MGC, both got declined (debit declined). Same result with cashier. Anybody experienced the same or know whats going on?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by doremii
Today I used the WM MCE kiosk to load the serve with VGC and MGC, both got declined (debit declined). Same result with cashier. Anybody experienced the same or know whats going on?
You need to read the previous posts. Or search for "BlueBird 2016" To sum it up, almost everyone has been shut down for loading GC.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:50 pm

Sad day

1) My Kate got taken away to some ATM retirement home in the sky; no goodbyes...it just disappeared today. New ATM gave me a dirty look.

2)Walmart Customer Service wants nothing to do with GC's for MO's;
at least most of them are asking too many questions.

2) Cashiers asking to see Debit card for loading Serve ...What? Are you kidding me? Why can't you be the distracted dead-enders I always loved seeing previously?

There is a dark force brewing here and MS is going bye-bye.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Originally Posted by chalucky

There is a dark force brewing here and MS is going bye-bye.
The last two days I went to local WMs with known good Kates I've swiped the card, tried to load $300, and it just goes "information needed" and times out. It may just be a temporary glitch in the system, but wondering if anyone else experienced this.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by calwatch
The last two days I went to local WMs with known good Kates I've swiped the card, tried to load $300, and it just goes "information needed" and times out. It may just be a temporary glitch in the system, but wondering if anyone else experienced this.
YES, if the message is "Card cannot be processed, see CS desk.."

Thought it was just my BB.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by calwatch
I had this experience also. Posted in the BB thread.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by canyoncar
YES, if the message is "Card cannot be processed, see CS desk.."

Thought it was just my BB.
Got the same message a few days ago. The load went fine at a money center.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by godsquare
Got the same message a few days ago. The load went fine at a money center.
Good to know loading still works at the Money Center. It seems some are still able to load with kate but others have the error message. Not sure what it means yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.