Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart Money Kiosks (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Not true, if you are buying MO's then yes the dragons at the money Center might ask to see your debit card, but the cashier has never asked me to see my debit card when loading to my BB or Serve.
So just because YOU haven't experienced it, it makes it not true? Clearly someone else HAS experienced it, or what purpose would they have to lie about that? It doesn't matter what you have not experienced because you are one person and you have not visited every single walmart in the US, loaded with every single cashier at every single walmart, and then maybe also loaded with each of them when they are in different moods... Seriously.... Just because I've never seen Antarctica does that make it not true that it exists? Or can I rely on my brother's word that he has been there and it is real?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Out of my 3 yrs of this game, not once have I had a cashier ask to see my debit card, I just hand them my serve or BB card and tell them I'll like to load $500.
You're living on borrowed time. The sky is falling and the end is near !!!

More seriously, I always bring a few VGCs that have my name on them when I make a loading run just in case the cashier or the person at the Money Center asks to see my debit card and refuses to accept a card without a name. I've been playing the game about as long as you, and it's happened more times than I can count on 2 hands.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:35 pm

Count me in. Cashiers have asked to see my debit card as well.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by nittanylion1
Count me in. Cashiers have asked to see my debit card as well.
only in state college... cashiers and service desk are all skiddish, scrutinizing and refusing to do anything unless they see your BANK debit card
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:40 pm

Oh man.

Stopped by the other day and my KATE was dead. Not needing reset. Off. Dark. Dead. I asked the CS person if it was just temporary, and she just shrugged.

It was like a life-long friend had died. I imagined this was just the first step in her being replaced by one of those useless vanilla ATM machines.

Went in today, and KATE was alive and well and all lit up, just waiting for me to fire her up.

If it wasn't Wintertime, when I got home I would have taken out the ladders, went up on my roof, and done the Snoopy Dance.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by ajhardee
+1
There is a Walmart by me that every time I loaded Kate she would stop me and ask to see my BB card and my debit card. She also worked at CS and refused to allow BB load with GC. She got the other employees to check too. YMMV Indeed!
That's extreme never at a kate in my experience at Walmart. Only at the registers.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:50 pm

I can also confirm that WMs near me have demanded to see the debit card and said they accept only cards with embossed names from specific banks. I've also been told loading at KATE is not allowed by one particular manager who I try to avoid.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by nivekious
I can also confirm that WMs near me have demanded to see the debit card and said they accept only cards with embossed names from specific banks. I've also been told loading at KATE is not allowed by one particular manager who I try to avoid.
It's becoming more and more difficult
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:50 am

Have people being asked to look at the card experienced the same thing when only doing one swipe? I'm probably smaller scale for MOs, but I really don't want to burn bridges at the WMs around me. I've always handed them 70 cents plus whatever in cash first to equal an even $ amount for the MO and then swiped one card for $500 etc. I've never been asked for my card but of course ymmv.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by bewareofduck
Have people being asked to look at the card experienced the same thing when only doing one swipe? I'm probably smaller scale for MOs, but I really don't want to burn bridges at the WMs around me. I've always handed them 70 cents plus whatever in cash first to equal an even $ amount for the MO and then swiped one card for $500 etc. I've never been asked for my card but of course ymmv.
It's typically possible to do a single swipe. It's when you start splitting tender with two swipes or asking for multiple MOs that most places will raise an eyebrow. I've even had good luck in the Bay Area getting a single MO once in awhile even though most, if not all, locations around here are militantly anti-MS.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:46 pm

Strange coincidence that a machine at my local WM had been oos for at least a year and right after the mass Serve shut down, it was fixed.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
Strange coincidence that a machine at my local WM had been oos for at least a year and right after the mass Serve shut down, it was fixed.
Usually if you email walmart corporate customer service it gets fixed pretty fast, but no guarantee they won't just stick another oos sign over it when someone hits a velocity limit.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL, AC, CX, BA, AGR, IHG, HH, CC, UR, MR, TY
Originally Posted by nivekious
Might be time for one of these + an old debit card with your name on it. For instance my (major name-brand) bank replaced my debit card with a new, chip-enabled version. The old, non-chip debit card is not yet expired, however it does have a mag-strip and is embossed with my name.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:50 pm

Anyone has successful reload with KATE recently in Chicagoland? They shut down some WM Express earlier and the WM I usually go has replaced KATE to an ordinary ATM machine...
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
It's typically possible to do a single swipe. It's when you start splitting tender with two swipes or asking for multiple MOs that most places will raise an eyebrow. I've even had good luck in the Bay Area getting a single MO once in awhile even though most, if not all, locations around here are militantly anti-MS.
With my main store at least I'm unfortunately not that lucky. I get the feeling they have had a bad experience with MSers in the past. The second you mention reloading the first question out of their mouth is "debit?" and when you say yes they immediately ask to see the card "to make sure it's real with your name on it and not a gift card." They also don't refill the MO paper in the KATE at either location near me to insure you can't get MOs with GCs. It's a real pain. Fortunately I've found other MO sources.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.