Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Friend of mine just got shutdown this morning too.

Looks like the next tidal wave is here! Wonder if anyone will be left...
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by avagyan
Just got shut down email (March 4th)
I've maxed 2.5K only in December and completely stopped depositing or withdrawing anything after first reports/wave. Thought I was spared, and I didn't MS much.. Only for meeting minimums on redcard which was converted to Serve. Never loaded anything online..
Is there any chance having them look in to it again?
received shutdown email too on my last BB!

I guess using it for regular swipes and bill pays under $1k didnt matter/help.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:57 am

DATA POINT:

I got hit with the 1st round of shutdowns in Jan. I then opened one up in mother's name.
She got shut down today. Only loaded via GCs at Kate, no linked account, paid utilities and ATM withdrawal.

Interesting to note - these shutdowns occurred the first business Friday's of odd months. If I had to guess, if you open now... you have until May 6 before a third round comes. If it comes.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond, EC Executive Elite
my shutdown Jan. Wife's shut down at 10:20am EST today.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:11 am

Our 3rd BB got shut down last night, mixed regular spending with loading at walmart, sent on bill pay of 2.7K to citi 2 nights ago.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Mine and my wife's got shut down today after surviving the initial wave. Exact same time on the email - 7:21am PST

Some history:
I had used both to the max thru February of last year. Then, because I was in the process of buying a new house, I stopped all MS activity. Next load on either card was December and it was only partial (less than half of capacity). Did some additional loads in mid-January (less than one quarter capacity). No activity since then (been too busy with work).
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:02 am

Mine was also shutdown this morning.

I survived the Jan shutdown, and did 1K load in Jan, 2K load in Feb, and 1K bill pay in Feb.

From the data points it looks like anyone doing any kind of ATM load and any kind of withdrawal has been shutdown. Very strange indeed.

My SO's Serve card is still active. Hasn't been used since Dec.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:58 pm

Data Point - Blue Bird account created in October of 2015. Only loaded prepaid VISA cards purchased at a grocery store or received as a rebate for buying something. Loaded less than $750/mo. Used money in the account to pay non-AMEX credit card bill online anywhere from 1-20 days after loading the funds via Walmart customer service desk. Did not use the BB account for anything else. No bank account was associated with the BB account.

BB funds loading ability was terminated today.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:34 pm

+1

Same here. Got email saying BB loading ability shut down.

Had it for a little over 2 years, averaging only about $200/month in Visa GC loads and transfers to bank a few days later.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I have one left. Got the emails on the other two I had left but not on this one. I guess I'll find out for sure if it is open if I try to load and get the fail message
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:35 pm

Me too, termination of loading ability, today March 4, 10:22am.
!!!
Finally! It was becoming a non-lucrative pain in the sassafrass, anyway. Wasted a lot of time making trip after trip to Walmart, only to find the ATM broken, again, again. And grocers no longer selling the right card, and online sources cancelling orders half the time, and cc transaction getting denied at the counter due to auto-fraud alerts, etc.

Datapoints:
Have had BB for several years, single account. Never linked to bank.
Stopped using it for last half of 2015. Started again in 2016. Used 15 different vgc during that timeframe, for total loads of $6k in 2016.

10% of loads were cash, 30% were OneV, 30% were vgc from Meta purchased online, 30% were VGC from Sunrise/University purchased from grocer. And 1 $300 Staples. My loads always varied in amount... only 1 was a full $500 load.

Only used it for small purchases: 13 purchases in 2016 totaling $95.

Never MSed with it, never ever paid a cc with it, just paid regular bills like utilities, student loans, dues, mortgages, using BB checks & BB online-pay.

Studying my BB transactions, I see possibly 2 things that might've triggered the shutdown: .
* the number of debit cards used (15 in 2 months), although Bluebird doesn't restrict that in their T&C.
* the number of loads in a 24-hr period (with the OV, I'd load 4 x ~$45 , then go buy something, then do another 4 swipes of ~$45 each. That's 8 loads within an hour. If I was a bank I might see that as odd. And 2 nights ago, I did 11 swipes! LOL, damnn OV.

I hope some users have still survived!

Last edited by styxfire; Mar 4, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, IHG Spire
Account funding canceled on mine too.

Survived Jan 8, only loaded 2x500 last month and paid a $600 bill. Charged a few bucks at Walmart and left $300 on it.

Had been previously dormant for 4-5 months.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by VWTim
Account funding canceled on mine too.

Survived Jan 8, only loaded 2x500 last month and paid a $600 bill. Charged a few bucks at Walmart and left $300 on it.

Had been previously dormant for 4-5 months.
how did u load 2x500 (VGC?) at wmt?

If we can't load VGC, whats the point keeping....
Old Mar 4, 2016, 5:31 pm

Wife's new BB was shut down today at about the same time as everyone else. The data points are very simple. The BB was opened a month ago. Two $500 vgc were deposited via Kate. Payments were sent via bill pay to unrelated individuals to pay for services. That's it.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
I've been loading $499.xx and not $500. I did NOT get shut down...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.