Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by satman40
It's really not hard to figure out who's doing the MS .
Right, the volume alone kinda sorta gives it away. Doubt there are many of the "unbanked" running 5K a month through their accounts.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 9:49 am

The question for me is whether you can still load SMGCs to your BB account if you didn't get shut down. We literally just opened our BB accts last week and have never used them before.

I'm guessing we might be able to get away with it for a month/statement cycle and then will get nabbed, but am worried about whether they have nightly checks they run that will flag your account for closure. I guess time will tell... #newbie
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:55 am

i2000s
I have been doing the same as your #1 use of BB

Was Shut Down
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by 2L82party
i2000s
I have been doing the same as your #1 use of BB

Was Shut Down
Really? Do you load a lot per month? That makes me feel I shouldn't load GCs any more... Maybe I was just lucky on the last round of shut down.

Then how can I deal with the min spend requirement and GCs? I only need to temporarily liquidate $3000 period.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:56 am

Has anyone thought of reapplying but they accidently typed in the wrong SSN?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
lol.. this is funny
if you are asking if Amex check the SS# to the name, Yes they do.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by i2000s
I was surprised to see that BB is being shut down, while I was about to MS to satisfy the min spend requirement of my Citi AA card. However, one data point I can contribute to this thread is that my BB has not been shut down so far. Maybe the following factors make my BB survive:

1. I only use BB to load VGC and then pay rent to my landlord. Note that I have never used BB to pay a CC or withdrawn to my bank accounts ever.
2. I haven't been using BB for a few recent months.

Can I still go through the routine 1 if I need to satisfy the min requirement for the bonus from my new Citi AA card? Thoughts?

I forgot to mention that I have been using direct deposit to load money from my bank account. Maybe that contributed to my survival of BB... Anyone else can confirm this?

Update: from an anonymous dataset, I cannot tell what determines who got shut down and who have survived: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=219148618

Last edited by i2000s; Jan 14, 2016 at 3:14 pm
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:33 pm

Update: from an anonymous dataset, I cannot tell what determines who got shut down and who have survived: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=219148618
Under which tab of this document do I find the regression analysis? I couldn't find it.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:13 pm

I forgot to mention that I have been using direct deposit to load money from my bank account. Maybe that contributed to my survival of BB... Anyone else can confirm this?
I had DD effective Nov 2015 on my SoftServes opened in mid 2014, they got shutdown. NO DD on BBs opened last half 2015, maxed out in-store loads paid immediately to CC bills. two BBs remain open and fully functional.

at this point, I have not seen a pattern anywhere on shutdowns, I treat it as anyone's ballgame.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Under which tab of this document do I find the regression analysis? I couldn't find it.
No, there is no data regression on the table. But you can do the math by yourself. I only find the recent opened accounts get significant chance to survive. Other than that, all other factors on the table seem non-deterministic.

PS.: Maybe the secret is the "unusual pattern" which can be hardly visualized through current dataset. But I personally don't think I have a typical MS pattern in my account history. I am not sure if this distinguishes others as well... Let us share some insights to survive this game.

Last edited by i2000s; Jan 14, 2016 at 5:25 pm
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
How long does one normally remain on the AMX-BB blacklist? I want to try and open a OneVIP serve, and I'm thinking it's still too soon...I'm a bit reluctant to even try.

Any info will be appreciated.

Bump.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:24 pm

I haven't read all 32 pages but I did not receive an email from AmEx about the BB account and I actually use BB, not for MS. However, when attempting to load via kiosk or csr, I'm getting 'debit not approved call authorizer'. Called AmEx, explained to csr the problem, after a lengthy wait, they claim nothing has changed on the account, account is in good standing, all systems are up, no known delays ets etc. and to wait 2 hours before trying again.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Bump.
I think it's too soon to even guess. To my knowledge we haven't seen a shutdown like this in the Amex prepaid world. I'll probably try for a new Bluebird in a few months, but we'll see.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:10 am

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
Police will actually go after you for this. There have been people that have gone to jail for "accidentally" writing the wrong SSN on hospital forms in order to avoid paying. The hospital can tell because they look up your SSN and see the name doesn't match.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by TAWS
Police will actually go after you for this. There have been people that have gone to jail for "accidentally" writing the wrong SSN on hospital forms in order to avoid paying. The hospital can tell because they look up your SSN and see the name doesn't match.
sweet, we have a lawyer in the thread.... Theres a world of difference between the two, incase you cant piece that together. But it doesn't matter anyway because amex does confirm before approving and will deny the new card without the correct ssn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.