Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Buckeye 777

1 applied recently (Decemeber) - load GC at Kate and WMT, not shut down

1 applied a day before the BB kill - successful (still waiting for it to arrive)

From what I read, sounds like people who recently applied has not yet been hit, maybe we will get it the next round of purge
I agree. the only 1 I have left is the one opened in December.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by kiltedflyer
Back to square one.
Doh!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:54 pm

On the plus side, I just verified that her account is still active. Finished off the last $1,400 just minutes ago.

So, immediate shut-down after loading almost the daily limit last Friday didn't happen. I guess we'll see if hers lives to see another month.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:00 pm

Adding another data point that my old regular Serve was shutdown with email but my new OneVIP opened in December has not received an email. Have not tried loading on the OneVIP either. Think I'll lay low for the month.

If I don't load any $ on the OneVIP and the balance is $0, I don't get hit with the monthly fee, correct?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA
I'll add another limited data point. I've had a BB for 2 years or so. Used it heavily in the beginning, didn't use it for about a year, and just recently started using it--loading about $1,000 a month starting in November. I've used it to pay people and a credit card in December.

My partner had an old serve which AMEX deactivated for lack of use. He reactivated to a OneVIP and started using around November/December. Only used to pay credit card.

Neither one of us ever loaded the maximum monthly amount, and only did Gebit loads.

Both cards still active.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM .5mm
Has anyone tried to close their account and reopen one?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:36 pm

We tried. It says "We cannot approve your application". Sounds like black listed.

Originally Posted by rdrink25
Has anyone tried to close their account and reopen one?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM

I like how they give you the sad face after you close your account at their request. It asked why I was closing my account LOL. I had to chose "other" and typed in "You Blacklisted me"
Attached Images  
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: united, aa, delta, chase UR, Bonvoy
Seriously

I just got an E-mail from BB telling me to have my tax refund (that would be nice) deposited into my BB account. Didn't you just remove my ability to make deposits. Idiots!!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by robsat1845
I just got an E-mail from BB telling me to have my tax refund (that would be nice) deposited into my BB account. Didn't you just remove my ability to make deposits. Idiots!!
Same here. Wonder what would happen if I requested my refund to be deposited? Who wants to chance it bouncing back to the IRS??
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by akcae
Same here. Wonder what would happen if I requested my refund to be deposited? Who wants to chance it bouncing back to the IRS??
Ive actually had part of my refund bounce back last year because AMEX prepaid department is full of idiots. All they do is notify you by mail that they will be sending a check in 3-5 weeks because the deposit failed, and then send you a check.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:29 am

Somebody over at FM posted:

"I used the card for plenty of purchases - both brick and mortar and online retail - and got shut down.".
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:09 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Hbax
Somebody over at FM posted:

"I used the card for plenty of purchases - both brick and mortar and online retail - and got shut down.".
It's clear that they know exactly who the MSers are, since the "underbanked" don't load several grand in one day (or even in several months) and do bill payments to credit cards. Doesn't matter if you even used it for occasional purchases. It wasn't enough income to keep us around
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
It's clear that they know exactly who the MSers are, since the "underbanked" don't load several grand in one day (or even in several months) and do bill payments to credit cards. Doesn't matter if you even used it for occasional purchases. It wasn't enough income to keep us around
we all had it coming....money laundering slugs, the whole lot of us
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:10 pm
Suspended

How long does one normally remain on the AMX-BB blacklist? I want to try and open a OneVIP serve, and I'm thinking it's still too soon...I'm a bit reluctant to even try.

Any info will be appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.