Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluebird Shutdowns

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Indeed a big deal over here in Cocaine Cowboyland - the MOs are 89 cents at Publix. If the cost gets any higher we will have to figure how to MS with real estate transactions following the lead of all our ML folk.
My favorite Winn-dixie now requires Id and they want to see your debit card to buy money orders.... so I skip that one.... hope they dont all go this route
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by kingrat
My favorite Winn-dixie now requires Id and they want to see your debit card to buy money orders.... so I skip that one.... hope they dont all go this route
Just wait. It's hard to say but with so many different grocery stores getting inundated with people coming in flaunting a fistful of VGC's....The hwole BB thing will trim the fat, but it will no doubt cause a few to roll into a Winn Dixie type place and draw a big spotlight onto the whole thing. Rural areas will probably be better off than metro areas. At least form what I've read here.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:17 am

Still haven't received an e-mail indicating that my account has been shutdown, but I don't have any GCs left waiting around to test the waters. I probably used it to MS 20k at most last year, so maybe that has kept me under the radar.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by kingrat
At least they let you use debit at all. All of my WDs went cash only on MOs within the past 3 months.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:36 am

Is there a place where people are posting datapoints, or at least useful information aside from just speculating about what might happen to the next MS route? I for one am curious if we can start to get a handle on what made them shut down some cards and not others.

I had a BB card for several years, doing minimum spend via VRs. I ramped things up a bit right about the same time VRs died. Kept going strong trying to max it out every month over the last year and a half, until I replaced it with a RB last Feb/March. Immediately converted it to OneVIP when RB ended, and was shut down with the first wave last week.

I opened a BB in my wife's name about the same time VRs died, immediately ramped it up full swing about every month since. Never converted to RB or Serve, and it is still open. On Friday I loaded $2500 thinking it was only going to be alive for a few more hours, and still have another $1400 I can load to it this month. However, it remains to be open (at least the email hasn't come through yet).

The only thing I can think of why hers is still around is that it was never converted to RB or Serve as opposed to mine which was. Although, I have seen some reports of people that have had their longtime cards shut down as well. How are they determining which cards to shut down and which to leave open? Maybe we will never know.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Originally Posted by kiltedflyer
got the no-loads email on my bb this morning.
however, no email for the wife yet; fwiw: her acct has not been loaded since 10/2015.
update: wife's bb still going strong; loaded as usual saturday & sunday.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:06 am

update: wife's bb still going strong; loaded as usual saturday & sunday.
So the key is that is has to be the wife's card...I think we're getting somewhere here.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by tree100
So the key is that is has to be the wife's card...I think we're getting somewhere here.
obviously. 2 data points = truth.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:36 am

Curious to know if anyone has been shutdown that did NOT pay their AMEX bill from their BB/Serve billpay.

All my cards were shutdown except one, which I used as a spillover and for a side project, and I that's the one I never pushed a payment to my AMEX bill from.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Hbax
Curious to know if anyone has been shutdown that did NOT pay their AMEX bill from their BB/Serve billpay.

All my cards were shutdown except one, which I used as a spillover and for a side project, and I that's the one I never pushed a payment to my AMEX bill from.
only a ton of people... I never paid AMEX with my card, infact two friends of mine never paid ANY credit card bill ever got shut down.... just mortgage/checks to people who didn't take credit.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Hbax

I never paid an AmEx bill & was shut down.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:01 am

obviously. 2 data points = truth.
That's the FT way, right? Somebody somewhere has something happen, they come here and ask about it. Somebody else has a similar thing happen, and BOOM, the thread goes crazy with sky is falling.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by tree100
My wife's card was shutdown.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by exarkun
My wife's card was shutdown.

Back to square one.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 12:19 pm

Data points

5 serve vip

3 applied after closing RB - usual activity: load GC at Kate and WMT, withdraw to pay cc, same address, all shut down

1 applied recently (Decemeber) - load GC at Kate and WMT, not shut down

1 applied a day before the BB kill - successful (still waiting for it to arrive)

From what I read, sounds like people who recently applied has not yet been hit, maybe we will get it the next round of purge

As a side note, I tried loading the 3 shut down card at Kate to test since I didn't know the email was sent to junk folder. Kate "successfully" loaded the cards. Receipt was blank because Kate ran out of ink. When I checked my serve account, not loaded. GC amount still stay intact.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.