Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

The current WF cards that earn 5x Go Far Rewards points (WF points) are WF Visa Signature card and WF Rewards card. The 5x introductory period is 6 months, then they earn just 1x WF points. Each card is now capped the 5x at $12,500. (Updated Mar-2019)

Wells Fargo Visa Signature card:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/visa-signature/

Wells Fargo Visa Rewards Card:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/rewards/

Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on MS activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by TinkoDinko7
I didn't bother to call about my missing points, but they just posted sometimes this week, and somehow I can not see activity (base transaction and bonus transaction) I wonder why?
Notice the same thing. Looks like the missing points are posted, but I also can not see any points activity.

Last edited by savingwizard; Jul 22, 2017 at 1:47 am
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by danhouston
2k; after 6 mos, all purchases is only 1 pt, correct? if so, will it be better to close or keep it open to possibly open a different WF's in future? does WF have a limit of #s of CCc open?
I would close it ASAP so you can get another one after 14 or 16 months, check the terms at the time of applying.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Gitangali
I would close it ASAP so you can get another one after 14 or 16 months, check the terms at the time of applying.
Anyone know if the rewards account has to be force-closed as well before reapplying? Mine still shows up in my log-in screen with zero balance a year after the infamous shutdowns.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Anyone know if the rewards account has to be force-closed as well before reapplying? Mine still shows up in my log-in screen with zero balance a year after the infamous shutdowns.
guess that we can call or send a sm to make it gone?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by danhouston
guess that we can call or send a sm to make it gone?
I'll try it out when I'm past my 16mo bonus cutoff although I've had the two version of this card already, not sure they'll give me the promo again.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:05 am

I got shut down. Got the letter 5 days after the dated mail stamp and I was mist of making numerous 5X runs daily.

Anyone know if I'll still get the points? I stop all MS on the card once I got the letter and my points was suppose to be due Aug 12th and now its says Sept 19th. Am I still gonna get the points? Anyone encounter a similar situation? Please chime in.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
I got shut down. Got the letter 5 days after the dated mail stamp and I was mist of making numerous 5X runs daily.

Anyone know if I'll still get the points? I stop all MS on the card once I got the letter and my points was suppose to be due Aug 12th and now its says Sept 19th. Am I still gonna get the points? Anyone encounter a similar situation? Please chime in.
Once you are shut down your points are gonner for good. Bye Bye

How long you had had this card? what was the CL and how much you were hitting per month? What have you done recently which may have caused shutdown. Please provide this info for the benefit of others. How many numerous 5X runs daily?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:14 am

Can you provide some numbers? What was your volume? Did you cycle the limit? How many months did you have left?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:08 am

I guess they have started shutting people down again! So unusual that they were not doing that for a while even on big volume spenders.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:29 pm

sounded that WF didn't give u a chance / time window to stop MS before a shutdown; once shutdown, all the pts were forfeited; Cfpb filing was no help
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:34 pm

Thx for the advice everyone. Well, this was my wife's card, I'm the aunt user. I did around 300k with wells last year with my card and had no issues.

This card was still new. Around 45 days into the 5x bonus period. I try to max out 2k at cvs every day and did probably a total of 50k. I cycle the credit when ever needed and deposit MO into wells checking acct.
I hope this help data points. Anything else you want to know, just ask and I'll do my best to answer.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
I did around 300k with wells last year with my card and had no issues.
What was the CL on the card you used last year?

I try to max out 2k at cvs every day and did probably a total of 50k. I cycle the credit when ever needed...
What is the CL on the new card that got shut down?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:00 pm

Thx for the advice everyone. Well, this was my wife's card, I'm the aunt user. I did around 300k with wells last year with my card and had no issues.

This card was still new. Around 45 days into the 5x bonus period. I try to max out 2k at cvs every day and did probably a total of 50k. I cycle the credit when ever needed and deposit MO into wells checking acct.
I hope this help data points. Anything else you want to know, just ask and I'll do my best to answer.
Many frowning points; First of all this year is not last year. Too much cycling of credit and MOs in Wells.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by perkunas
What was the CL on the card you used last year?

What is the CL on the new card that got shut down?
8k on both cards. Cycle as much as possible.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:35 am

Anyone who still has this card, did your pending expected redeemable date change? Mine was sitting at 8-12 and today is showing 8-17. Other than that, everything else looks normal on the account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.