Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

The current WF cards that earn 5x Go Far Rewards points (WF points) are WF Visa Signature card and WF Rewards card. The 5x introductory period is 6 months, then they earn just 1x WF points. Each card is now capped the 5x at $12,500. (Updated Mar-2019)

Wells Fargo Visa Signature card:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/visa-signature/

Wells Fargo Visa Rewards Card:
https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/rewards/

Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

How to pay down CL quickly?
Use WF account to pay

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Cause a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes on MS activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In your account summary page on WF website, go into the CC, and click "show my rewards" on the left side, then click "Visit Wells Fargo Rewards"
From there go to "Earn Rewards" on the top and click "My Offers" and go into the "Promotional Offers-Usage" tab.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
To check if new transactions are eligible, go to "My Rewards" on the top, click "Activity", and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" 4% for anything that's eligible.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)

Automated response number: 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo Platinum 5x at Grocery-Gas-Drugstores(2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:04 am

WF have now added a cap and you’re limited to earning 5x on $12,500. First of all is this true? 2nd, is that 12.5 cap per month or for six months ? How about if you signed up and activated your 5X cards before the cap was added to terms?

Thanks to all abusers, we knew it's coming.

Last edited by Gitangali; Aug 12, 2017 at 6:47 am
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Gitangali
WF have now added a cap and you’re limited to earning 5x on $12,500. First of all is this true? 2nd, is that 12.5 cap per month or for six months ? How about if you signed up and activated your 5X cards before the cap was added to terms?

from all your posts I would say your not an abuser and I don't think anybody knows the answer to your question.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:07 am

$12.5K/mo? lol, wishful. see DOC's post
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:57 am

My guess is the cap is for all new cards unless they send of a revision to the T&Cs to current users. Oh well, this cap essentially would make this about as good as most of the other cards that give $500 bonuses.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:46 am

Looks like they changed the T&C on their site to reflect this: https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/rewards/

Question is whether they'll implement this for existing cardholders, formally (revise T&C and send letter) or informally as they have been doing, warn and shut down. I am not sure if there's enough data points to show around what 5x $ figure they send the knock if off letter and around what 5x total spend $ they shut people down, if there's such a patter so far regarding total 5x spend.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
Question is whether they'll implement this for existing cardholders, f.
Those we had been approved before the cap and already spent $12.5K, are your 5X points posting from the recent purchases? This way we can find out if the cap is retroactive or only for the new accounts. My purchases made on Saturday, the points have not posted but that could be due to weekend as it takes a day or two after the transaction is posted for the points to post.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:18 am

Those we had been approved before the cap and already spent $12.5K, are your 5X points posting from the recent purchases? This way we can find out if the cap is retroactive or only for the new accounts. My purchases made on Saturday, the points have not posted but that could be due to weekend as it takes a day or two after the transaction is posted for the points to post.
I'm over 12.5 spend and my pending points for this month are showing 5x, redeemable 8-17. will know for sure in a few days
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:07 am

WF have two cards that offer 5X. Does the 16 months wait time to receive 5X is for a similar card or Any 5X period.

If you opened a Wells Fargo credit card within the last 16 months, you will not qualify for the introductory rate(s) or bonus rewards offers. See important exclusions on page 2.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:54 pm

i got this card last month. did 15k. and another 15k this month until i got the warning letter. points still pending at 5x though
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:15 am

Dp update. My pts. Went from 8/12 to 9/17 now it's 10/12. I remember someone mention that the pts will continue moving to a ongoing future date that will never end.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
Dp update. My pts. Went from 8/12 to 9/17 now it's 10/12. I remember someone mention that the pts will continue moving to a ongoing future date that will never end.
Another DP for current holders... My final month closed in the last week, and the credit for >200,000 points (set to automatic statement credit) just came through. I was very nervous I was going to get stuck with the fees, but it worked out. This was my first (and last) month cycling the limit.
breauxdle likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
This happens when you get shut down... did you get a letter?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:40 am

WF have two cards that offer 5X. Does the 16 months wait time to receive 5X is for a similar card or Any 5X period.

If you opened a Wells Fargo credit card within the last 16 months, you will not qualify for the introductory rate(s) or bonus rewards offers. See important exclusions on page 2.
It is for any wells fargo card regardless of 5x or not. If you got the propel, add another 16 months.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:08 am

month 5 just closed, well above 12.5K spend. still posting as 5x
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:34 pm

At least WF changed the once in a lifetime clause they had for this years ago.

Last edited by NoonRadar; Sep 8, 2017 at 7:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.