Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Comments on moderation ARE NOT allowed !
Print Wikipost

RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bigugly
Forging an email is trivial.
Not to mention we have the OP and one other (with one, count 'em, one post) that have been 'shut down'. Hope I'm wrong, but this looks like BS!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
I'm not ignoring it; it's just that no one is claiming that quickly withdrawing money from RB is a flag. If someone was dumb enough to argue that withdrawing your money quickly from RB wasn't a flag, I'd make the same comments to them.

There are two flags that are being addressed. The first flag involves round numbers - $500, $750, $1000. It's not 'money in' - it's exact round numbers in. Strange thinking that you and several others ignore the first flag.

In summary, two flags noted in almost all letters:
1) Round numbers ($500, $750, $1000) in.
2) Money quickly withdrawn.
No one is arguing about flag #2; failure to acknowledge flag #1 by some is baffling.
No, you're separating the two statements as if they are not connected, but the second actually references the first, thus modifying the meaning. You're insisting on seeing them as two discrete items. I'm guessing that's because you'd already decided that not using round numbers was the right way to go and you jumped on that first line as proof of your belief. Then you jump into the "proclamation of fact" mode, which is what is really off. It's not fact, it's your hypothesis, based on a peculiar reading of the text.

If we see an email mentioning only the round numbers of the deposits, then you'll have support for your hypothesis, but until then, yours is only an opinion. If you'd use "in my opinion" or I think it likely that" you'd get more positive responses to your posts.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teddy25
You can keep rationaling, but from what I know about target corp and their IT team. They are ran by a lot contractors that are not on top of their game.

Also, I would want to know how many tgt team members are "using" this card.
Do you know members of the Target IT team?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended

After thinking about this, it's pretty horrific that they immediately closed the accounts in question and that they're going to mail a check within 60-90 days.

1) Being told to wait 60-90 days for one's money is worse than most bookies. I'm guessing the CFPB would be interested in that.

2) What they should have done was disabled the RB but allowed account holders to billpay their money out. I really don't see what the issue with that is.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:12 pm

Anyone want to vouch for him/her?
Known to lie about other MS topics FWIW.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Do you know members of the Target IT team?
Yes
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
After thinking about this, it's pretty horrific that they immediately closed the accounts in question and that they're going to mail a check within 60-90 days.

1) Being told to wait 60-90 days for one's money is worse than most bookies. I'm guessing the CFPB would be interested in that.

2) What they should have done was disabled the RB but allowed account holders to billpay their money out. I really don't see what the issue with that is.
PayPal has been getting away with a 180 day hold.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Known to lie about other MS topics FWIW.
Getting a lot of mileage on this one. Even picked up by the blogosphere
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: A bunch
Lol this is a funny thread! Guys i just got a redbird email!!! It says........ Savings are just the start! And is promoting all the features. Anyone esle get that one today? ��. The OP is a hoot!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:20 pm

I guess $999 is safer than $1000.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by pointspinnacle
Lol this is a funny thread! Guys i just got a redbird email!!! It says........ Savings are just the start! And is promoting all the features. Anyone esle get that one today? ��. The OP is a hoot!
Lol I nearly had a heart attack when I saw "Prepaid Redcard" on a tab in Gmail... was the same e-mail you received
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WoodenRobot
I guess $999 is safer than $1000.
And $999.99 is safer than $999.00
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by twelvetosix
Lol I nearly had a heart attack when I saw "Prepaid Redcard" on a tab in Gmail... was the same e-mail you received
That'd be funny. Medical Examiner deems cause of death as MS induced stress.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:25 pm

Whether this is letter is real or fake I hope it changes the patterns of a lot of RedCard MSers. I've only had the card since last month (Feb) but I made random deposit amounts over six days using three cards AND almost always made a purchase at Target. Purchases have ranged from about $5 to $60+.

Let's be frank, MSing is legally gaming the system and AMEX is a big, sophisticated, veteran, financial services company and has been thru this before with bluebird and Serve. They know all the tricks of the trade no matter how smart you think you are. Closing every loophole will inconvenience the very target audience they are looking to reach and defeat the true intended purpose of the cards. Potential to shut down RedBird is one reason I made sure to keep my Amex Serve account open and instead use a family member for the RedBird account.

FOLKS, SPEND SOME MONEY AT TARGET ESPECIALLY WITH THE REDCARD. My belief is that Amex/Target will first go after the worst abusers that simply deposit and quickly withdraw with no spending pattern whatsoever of any kind before they go after the rest.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
And $999.99 is safer than $999.00
You have it wrong that's still on there radar, I'm going to go 998.95

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.