Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Comments on moderation ARE NOT allowed !
Print Wikipost

RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by fierydragon87
Why does the copyright section at the bottom of the email read “© 2014 .. ” instead of “© 2015 …” since we are in 2015 already?

Anyone have any ideas?
The emails I received this morning after loading my redbird also have the 2014 in the bottom not 2015.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
I call BS. One person claims to have received this email, and the only corroboration comes from an FT account created today? Not convinced.

Think someone is trying to play a not-actually-that-funny joke here.
FWIW - I've been doing big fat, round-number loads from literally week 1, and was one of the earliest to jump on the $2500 in a single CC swipe bandwagon. I've also been doing big, fat, account depleting bill pays within 1 week of the deposits.

I've yet to receive a shutdown notice.

Maybe I'm tempting fate by posting this, but ....
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: AOPA
I will have to stop at the flagship target store on the way home. Load 2.5k on redbird, 2k on amex4tgt, and ask the management about the shutdowns.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:36 pm

Why does the copyright section at the bottom of the email read “© 2014 .. ” instead of “© 2015 …” since we are in 2015 already?

Anyone have any ideas?
My last email from them, last month, has the 2014 copyright date. They just haven't bothered updating their template.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by gloobnib
FWIW - I've been doing big fat, round-number loads from literally week 1, and was one of the earliest to jump on the $2500 in a single CC swipe bandwagon. I've also been doing big, fat, account depleting bill pays within 1 week of the deposits.

I've yet to receive a shutdown notice.

Maybe I'm tempting fate by posting this, but ....
I've been doing the same and haven't received anything yet. But I know it will happen at some point - the question is when.

Programs: RR, QS, AS MP, SPG
Originally Posted by teddy25
I will have to stop at the flagship target store on the way home. Load 2.5k on redbird, 2k on amex4tgt, and ask the management about the shutdowns.
Hope the asking the management part is a joke....

Programs: AA, USAir, UA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by teddy25
^
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:42 pm

Anyone have any ideas?
I did an email address change today and got the same © 2014...
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by CASACW2
Hope the asking the management part is a joke....
They are laying off thousands at corp hq in the next two years. I don't anyone really cares right now.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:43 pm

I'm calling BS. I mean, what big company explains the suspicious activity and puts cash in quotes as to passive aggressively insinuate that credit cards were used?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by roki
Which brings back the argument of.....

Don't float money you can't afford to float.
Float isn't a word that is appropriate to use with a prepaid card. I deposit my money onto a prepaid reloadable. I will then use that money however I see fit as its my money.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan
The emails I received this morning after loading my redbird also have the 2014 in the bottom not 2015.
Originally Posted by devnull
My last email from them, last month, has the 2014 copyright date. They just haven't bothered updating their template.
Seems like my theory is wrong.. So much for "Eureka" moment!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by HonestlyTho
I did an email address change today and got the same © 2014...
I just looked at the last several emails I got from them. The "your statement is ready" and "your load was successful" emails were both © 2014. The "Your billpay has been sent" shows © 2015.

Probably doesn't mean much, but just found it curious.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:50 pm

Whether this is a fake or not will be found out soon, since if this is true they will start to pop like popcorn in different MS sites.

Regardless, using the REDcard recklessly is stupid (sorry for being blunt). This is a very generous MS vehicle, with just one Redbird you can make $100/month by simply loading and doing billpay for the 2% cards like Citi doublecash, not do mention the 5% venues, scarce as they are. Be content with that and don't suck it dry on an ATM, don't deposit the bulk of it into your checking acct etc.

Basically, use common sense and have at least minimal impulse control. This is for YOUR OWN good, not mine/ours/others.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by MystK
I'm calling BS. I mean, what big company explains the suspicious activity and puts cash in quotes as to passive aggressively insinuate that credit cards were used?
A Minnesota company would certainly be passive aggressive. It is law in Minnesota.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.