Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
Comments on moderation ARE NOT allowed !
Print Wikipost

RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:19 pm

I realize how stupid this sounds, but it sucks that you can't trust what people post on the Internet.

One bad apple spoils the bunch
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water
Take it with a grain of salt

After this thread, and other threads like it (the PayPal debit linking comes to mind), it's more like "RIP MS Flyertalk," which is exactly what the sowers of discontent want.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:21 pm

Completely fake guys.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by WhosYourFarmer
I realize how stupid this sounds, but it sucks that you can't trust what people post on the Internet.

One bad apple spoils the bunch
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water
Take it with a grain of salt

After this thread, and other threads like it (the PayPal debit linking comes to mind), it's more like "RIP MS Flyertalk," which is exactly what the sowers of discontent want.
I agree. Sorry to add to the doubt. But, time will tell, right? I think most people believe that the gravy train will end at some point, no? Until it does, what's wrong with loading moderate amounts and sprinkling some Target's way for the courtesy of allowing the program? And, I mean moderate amounts on a regular basis that can still add to the limits. Yea, maybe Target is further away... Can't get to it easily... My wife doesn't want to come with me... Blah Blah Blah... I would rather Target/Amex cancel the worst abusers than the entire program.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by phatjoe
Completely fake guys.
You're right! It's 28 days early.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by phatjoe
Completely fake guys.
Everybody believes it's only a matter of time before this method dies. If it's inevitable, I don't know how anyone can be so confident that this is fake. What telltale signs will you trust when the end really comes?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:31 pm

The last line of that fake email is double spaced for no reason. Completely inconsistent with REDcard emails.

Also all non-spam correspondence from REDcard has a unique email ID number at the very end.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
RIP Redbird... Fun while it lasted

what would be the point of people putting this out there as misinformation? whoever could get it or already got it. All this does is change people's loading/unloading.

unless this is all just a massive trollh thread...but I would think FTers have better things to do with their time than doctor Amex emails.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego_Fred
Wish I knew why you were too. All I can do is speculate. Did you load maximum per day $2500 (3 transactions) on two days of the month, to meet the $5k limit?
Generally did $1,500 to $2k per day. Target is close so I figured 3 loadin g
Days was no big deal. Normally loaded about every other day.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by SanDiego_Fred
You're right! It's 28 days early.
Did you say or think the same thing about Vanilla shutdown @ CVS on 4/1/14?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:52 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by RyanNYNJ
what would be the point of people putting this out there as misinformation? whoever could get it or already got it. All this does is change people's loading/unloading.

unless this is all just a massive trollh thread...but I would think FTers have better things to do with their time than doctor Amex emails.
My theory is that the email is a legit fake, put out by TGT to find MSers, who would immediately start loading odd amounts instead of round numbers.

Seriously, it's hard to say. But, my regular bank hasn't shut me down in 20 years of depositing a paycheck and (almost) immediately paying it all out in bills, etc before the next paycheck arrives.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by illinidad
My theory is that the email is a legit fake, put out by TGT to find MSers, who would immediately start loading odd amounts instead of round numbers.

Seriously, it's hard to say. But, my regular bank hasn't shut me down in 20 years of depositing a paycheck and (almost) immediately paying it all out in bills, etc before the next paycheck arrives.
Or immediately starts draining money because they can't float it for 90 days.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
Did you say or think the same thing about Vanilla shutdown @ CVS on 4/1/14?
Wasn't me for that one. I just learned about this stuff.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:09 pm

Nice pulling everyone's leg. Now, I have to get to Target and do the exact opposite of what they expect before the store closes. Odd number here I come! Chase, look away. Look away. There is nothing to see here.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:10 pm

Some people are in denial stage. Thats why they are thinking it is fake, it will not happen to them. Similar feeling when report of OBC shutdown last oct. Eventually it will effect all. Looks like BB and serve also not safe anymore.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by illinidad

Your bank is hoping you do an auto loan, mortgage, home equity loan, credit card with them. They are willing to tolerate it. Target can only hope you spend your paycheck at the store.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.