Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AveApostle
One last hint lest someone accuse me of spoon-feeding...

there's at least one of the posted options that come with a "fee waived for the first two months" deal...
Originally Posted by jasonFTW
boys and girls club have a promo code on their website. Maybe it'll help them out? Promo code: AA0028.

"Plus,every time you use your Visa Prepaid Debit Card, the Club receives a donation!"

I wonder if loads count too. They'll be making bank.
AMHSI has negotiated a very favorable price for our students' parents as well as for AMHSI alumni. The card is free for the first two months and there is no enrollment fee, or fees to use the card. You can obtain customer service, or get access to your account on-line. The $3.95 monthly fee after the first two months is waived if more than $800 is deposited on the card in any given month. The fee for an ATM withdrawal is $2.50 and a balance inquiry is $0.75. Importantly, any purchases or withdrawals made overseas including Israel are converted at the wholesale rate for currency conversions. These fees are per account, not per card ordered.

To apply for the AMHSI JNF Visa Prepaid Card, simply go online to www.getdebitcard.net/a3 and use Promo Code AA0045. It only takes a moment to apply and you will receive a personalized reloadable card, with the AMHSI and JNF logos on it, within 5-7 business days. Once you receive the card you can get an additional card for your spouse or student(s) attending AMHSI through the AMHSI Visa Prepaid Card. The easiest way to load the card is from any credit card or other debit card, or a linked bank account. It can also be loaded by check using the Ingo Money mobile app, which can be downloaded from the Apple App or Google Play store.
amhsi.org/files/AMHSI_JNF_VISA_PREPAID_DEBIT_CARD.pdf
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:03 pm

No fees if you load thru the Retail Reload Network? Walmarts are part of the Readylink retailers. Anyone has tried this? Can you load with american express gc?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by pyrotalk
No fees if you load thru the Retail Reload Network? Walmarts are part of the Readylink retailers. Anyone has tried this? Can you load with american express gc?
I googled readylink retailers and this link came up

http://usa.visa.com/personal/persona.../index.jsp?b=1

looks like standard CVS/7-11 but some supermarkets who have moneygram are also included
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:27 pm

How do people find these prepaid debit cards? Do you just spend hours Googling?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:33 am

So people who have said they have been using the card say the $250/week limit is now in effect...? What's the big deal then?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by commdiver
How do people find these prepaid debit cards? Do you just spend hours Googling?
Well, yes, obviously. I mean, I have to take breaks in between sessions as well. The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:39 am

on pricing page it says that reload limit is $250/per week...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:45 am

I read finovate - biggest financial tech conference in the world. Frequently updated with latest news about up and coming startups in the fintech space...some have proven very good leads
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:41 am

I got on my PC and off my tiny phone screen, and looked at this more.

Reading comprehension is key, y'all. This is better than some, but this card is no great deal. If you like paying 1.18% per load, knock yourself out, because $250 is the CURRENT max for debit/credit (different for cash reloads). It is clear as black and white on the card member agreement page.

Plus, this is freakin Metabank. You will lose.

The OP wasn't being naive, he is trolling. I fell for it too, at first.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigugly
I got on my PC and off my tiny phone screen, and looked at this more.

Reading comprehension is key, y'all. This is better than some, but this card is no great deal. If you like paying 1.18% per load, knock yourself out, because $250 is the CURRENT max for debit/credit (different for cash reloads). It is clear as black and white on the card member agreement page.

Plus, this is freakin Metabank. You will lose.

The OP wasn't being naive, he is trolling. I fell for it too, at first.
Not true. It worked until yesterday. I guess WHEN I CALLED I MUST HAVE KILLED THE DEAL.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:30 am

Well, Gary just posted it.

That didn't take long.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by member7777
Not true. It worked until yesterday. I guess WHEN I CALLED I MUST HAVE KILLED THE DEAL.
And now it's on the View from the Wing Blog

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....a-credit-card/
There’s a discussion on Flyertalk about several prepaid debit products that you can buy online (free, with free shipping) and that you can then load online with a credit card.
You can load up to $2500 per day onto the card and store up to $10,000 at a time.

Some key fees:
$3.95 monthly service fee, waived when you load $800 or more to the card each month
$2.95 for loading the card by credit card
$2.50 ATM cash withdrawal fee (in addition to fees charged by an out of network ATM)
$0.50 Bill pay fee
The card terms seem to suggest you can load a maximum of $250 at a time with a credit card, making it uneconomic and significant effort for each $2.95 fee. However reports are that in fact $2500 loads are permitted. So $2500 charged to your card for $2.95, once per week per card.

They’re branded cards issued by Metabank for Boys & Girls Clubs of Deleware, Goodwill Deleware, and others. (These groups don’t manage the cards, they just get royalty income for use of their name.)
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:40 am

The limit on these is $250/week, not $2500.

Last edited by slice; Feb 22, 2015 at 10:47 am
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:40 am

It's already been retweeted over 100 times....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Angry

Originally Posted by member7777
I get it now. You decided to create a stir by creating this thread after the deal died.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.