Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:46 pm

This isn't a real MS method until published by a man in a bowtie. Oh what I'd do to see Emily covered in Boys and Girls cards. Rawr.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by donotblink
Isn't it conceivable that this could still work well for people with the Chase Ink card?

They could buy $200 Visa cards at Staples getting 5x per dollar, then load onto a Metabank card and unload at ATMs.
If those types of load work, then maybe.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by donotblink
Isn't it conceivable that this could still work well for people with the Chase Ink card?

They could buy $200 Visa cards at Staples getting 5x per dollar, then load onto a Metabank card and unload at ATMs.
With the fees for the Staples card and the load fee you are still looking at around $282 for 25K miles. Also there is a limit on how many different funding cards you can use in a certain period. The $500 visa's from grocery stores during a 5% bonus period such as Chase Freedom would lower the amount greatly, but only up to the bonus limit for the quarter. Or on the outside, the Grandfathered Travelocity Amex at 4%, buying $500 cards at WinnDixie to load, but only a gain of $8 in travel per $500 card. A lot of legwork for even a room.

Cheers!
JudyJFLA

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Feb 23, 2015 at 2:51 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
For each $200 card you would pay $6.95(purchase fee)+2.95(load)+2.50(ATM out) = $12.40 for 1035 points giving you a valuation of 0.01163285024 per point. Not the best MS avenue, but not the worst either. It could also be a decent way to hit the minimum spend on the Ink Card if RedBird/BlueBird/Serve/T-Mobile aren't available to you.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:14 am

I'm in for two. Gotta start somewhere.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta, USAir, Hilton
Im not a fan of public message boards and here is why. My Prepaidian BGC card was just cancelled for "suspicious behavior" thanks to all the posting about this gold mine on this site. Things were grate until y'all had to tell the world about it. Good luck to all you latecomers, you'll get what you deserve which is nothing.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by skiboy
Im not a fan of public message boards and here is why. My Prepaidian BGC card was just cancelled for "suspicious behavior" thanks to all the posting about this gold mine on this site. Things were grate until y'all had to tell the world about it. Good luck to all you latecomers, you'll get what you deserve which is nothing.

Latecomers? Sayeth the man with 1 post!!
We are all trying to find a way to make this work cheaply. So far it is not turning out to be the golden goose, and the load limits were dropped to $250 before it was posted here.

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat
What did you do that was considered suspicious?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted; after reading more of the thread it seems that the cardholder agreement is incorrect.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:21 pm

I too hate it when grate things are shut down
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:50 pm

I don't know why you'd necessarily dismiss someone with no posts making a point. i'm sure mods and those who have access to analytics could probably attest readership is way higher than membership. You did out some gold mines. IF this was 10k a month, and there are 5-6 cards/variations, with 2-3 people - this probably did shut down some financial goldmining for people. Until I see something mailed to me, I am going to hope just there are people spreading false info to get their gold mine to themselves.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:51 pm

You guys seriously need to get over yourselves.

We are self-evangelized criminals; whether you want to admit it or not.

Money does not come from nowhere. The US government can do it; none of us can. We are scheming and exploiting financial institutions at every point we can.

There is no such thing as a "deal," or "MS avenue." There are methods of taking advantage of available incentivizing marketing offers to perform actions that were never intended by the original creators. In video games, these are called glitches.

There's the utilitarian view that these financial institutions deserve our leeching because they demonstrably squeeze and suck their customers dry. The Kantian view reminds us that even Robin Hood is still a thief; and so are we.

We are glorified thieves and I'm okay with that. Are you?

It doesn't make sense to attach these "deals" or "entitlement" to our egos or backlash against others who work against our methods.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreshFalcon
You guys seriously need to get over yourselves.

We are self-evangelized criminals; whether you want to admit it or not.

Money does not come from nowhere. The US government can do it; none of us can. We are scheming and exploiting financial institutions at every point we can.

There is no such thing as a "deal," or "MS avenue." There are methods of taking advantage of available incentivizing marketing offers to perform actions that were never intended by the original creators. In video games, these are called glitches.

There's the utilitarian view that these financial institutions deserve our leeching because they demonstrably squeeze and suck their customers dry. The Kantian view reminds us that even Robin Hood is still a thief; and so are we.

We are glorified thieves and I'm okay with that. Are you?

It doesn't make sense to attach these "deals" or "entitlement" to our egos or backlash against others who work against our methods.
"Criminals" and "thieves" implies that a law is being broken.

I can't speak for you, but I stay on the right side of that line.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
"Criminals" and "thieves" implies that a law is being broken.

I can't speak for you, but I stay on the right side of that line.
Words only mean what you want them to. To me, you implied you have no guilt or moral issue with what you do.

You can take less than $20 worth of value from someone and they are unable to sue you. Just because you have no legal repercussions from these actions, doesn't make it any less stealing.

You're still a thief, and so am I! You're proving my point though that MSers rationalize their stealing and try to push ethical rules on each other.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreshFalcon
Words only mean what you want them to. To me, you implied you have no guilt or moral issue with what you do.

You can take less than $20 worth of value from someone and they are unable to sue you. Just because you have no legal repercussions from these actions, doesn't make it any less stealing.

You're still a thief, and so am I! You're proving my point though that MSers rationalize their stealing and try to push ethical rules on each other.
Words mean what they mean.

Your problem is that you are assuming that there is only one concept of right and wrong, and that what you believe is right and wrong should apply to everyone. This is the sort of thinking leads to abominations like organized religion.

In the real world, people may have differing opinions on whether an action is right or wrong. This is specifically why we have codified laws. If everyone agreed on these concepts, we'd just need one law that said "don't do anything wrong".

You can believe that certain actions are right or wrong all that you want; just don't expect everyone else in the world to agree with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.