Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FreshFalcon
Words only mean what you want them to. To me, you implied you have no guilt or moral issue with what you do.

You can take less than $20 worth of value from someone and they are unable to sue you. Just because you have no legal repercussions from these actions, doesn't make it any less stealing.

You're still a thief, and so am I! You're proving my point though that MSers rationalize their stealing and try to push ethical rules on each other.
Apparently you think words mean what you say they mean, because there is no "stealing" going on.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Apparently you think words mean what you say they mean, because there is no "stealing" going on.
Then who is paying for all of your cash back and miles? Were they donated to you?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Words mean what they mean.

Your problem is that you are assuming that there is only one concept of right and wrong, and that what you believe is right and wrong should apply to everyone. This is the sort of thinking leads to abominations like organized religion.

In the real world, people may have differing opinions on whether an action is right or wrong. This is specifically why we have codified laws. If everyone agreed on these concepts, we'd just need one law that said "don't do anything wrong".

You can believe that certain actions are right or wrong all that you want; just don't expect everyone else in the world to agree with you.
No, your problem is that you're assuming I assumed anything about right or wrong. Pay attention, I never even used the word "right" or "wrong."

And I don't know if you noticed it or not, but you're basically totally agreeing with me. Aside from the "thief," label, you're completely agreeing that members here have no place dictating how to manage, distribute or disclose any opportunities they or others find. They also have no place telling others to or not to do it.

So we actually agree. I'm okay with that.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:21 pm

Here is the requested dictionary attack:
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Courtesy of google.com:
steal -
1. take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
2. move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.

Definition 2 is vague enough to use on your grandmother going to the bathroom.

Originally Posted by Words
"Criminals" and "thieves" implies that a law is being broken.
I can't speak for you, but I stay on the right side of that line.
Courtesy of google.com:
criminal -
1. a person who has committed a crime.
Naturally we must extend this with "crime's" definition.
crime -
1. an action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law.
2. illegal activities.
3. an action or activity that, although not illegal, is considered to be evil, shameful, or wrong.

Definition 3 is vague and inclusive enough to incriminate your grandmother for diarrhea as long as she is ashamed of it.

Words mean what they mean.
Words only mean what you want them to. They are a protocol. If you want to ignore the dictionary representations of words, as you just did, and as I did earlier, that is a choice.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, your problem is that you're assuming I assumed anything about right or wrong. Pay attention, I never even used the word "right" or "wrong."

And I don't know if you noticed it or not, but you're basically totally agreeing with me. Aside from the "thief," label, you're completely agreeing that members here have no place dictating how to manage, distribute or disclose any opportunities they or others find. They also have no place telling others to or not to do it.

So we actually agree. I'm okay with that.
You are completely misusing the words "stealing" and "criminal".

You compared MS to taking a $20 bill out of someone's wallet.

You conflated something being illegal with there being legal ramifications for doing it.

We are not agreeing.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:29 pm

You are completely misusing the words "stealing" and "criminal".

You compared MS to taking a $20 bill out of someone's wallet.

You conflated something being illegal with there being legal ramifications for doing it.

We are not agreeing.
My post above declares the definitions and confirms I'm using the words within those confines.

MSing is exactly taking money out of other people's pockets, usually companies'. And according to recent law, companies are people too.

Again, I never said anything about MSing being legal or illegal. I did not even mention legality.

Agree with me yet?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:44 pm

Here is the requested dictionary attack:

Courtesy of google.com:
steal -
1. take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
2. move somewhere quietly or surreptitiously.

Definition 2 is vague enough to use on your grandmother going to the bathroom.

Courtesy of google.com:
criminal -
1. a person who has committed a crime.
Naturally we must extend this with "crime's" definition.
crime -
1. an action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law.
2. illegal activities.
3. an action or activity that, although not illegal, is considered to be evil, shameful, or wrong.

Definition 3 is vague and inclusive enough to incriminate your grandmother for diarrhea as long as she is ashamed of it.

Words only mean what you want them to. They are a protocol. If you want to ignore the dictionary representations of words, as you just did, and as I did earlier, that is a choice.
Holy cow. Go put on a black tshirt, get a latte, and read some Roland Barthes if you need to. In the meantime, can we get back to the topic of this thread?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Again, I never said anything about MSing being legal or illegal. I did not even mention legality.
The word "thief" implies that the action is illegal.

The word "criminal" strongly implies that the action is illegal.

I don't view MS as the same as stealing, and I certainly don't view it as criminal.

If you are going to re-define words to mean something other than what everyone else means when they use the same words, then it's impossible to agree or disagree with you, since no one other than you has any clue what you mean.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then who is paying for all of your cash back and miles? Were they donated to you?
The CC vendor is offering them as incentive to spend using their card.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My post above declares the definitions and confirms I'm using the words within those confines.
You are so confused, I'm not even sure where to begin.

Please explain how MSing is moving somewhere (either quietly or surreptitiously). Do you even understand what that definition means? It refers to someone who is (literally) sneaking around, and it is not commonly used any more. Someone who "steals" by that definition is not a thief. It has to do with the manner in which someone moves, and has absolutely nothing to do with taking something that is not yours.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MSing is exactly taking money out of other people's pockets, usually companies'. And according to recent law, companies are people too.

Agree with me yet?
No, because MS is not exactly taking money out of other people's pockets. The points and miles are offered.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:18 pm

enough of this BS.....knock if off. totally derailed the thread
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by coolblues
you think that was random? along with the thread burying effort a few days ago?

that's precisely what he was sent here to do by them "MS Top Dawgs" lol I really dunno why folks take trolls so seriously.

Operation Distract & Confuse and as Bush woulda said Mission Accomplished

Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Originally Posted by coolblues
I'm interested in seeing where defense counsel is going with this, overruled and please continue
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Can we just get back to finding the cheapest way to maximize loads on these and put the legal matters aside?

Cheers!
JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.