Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by HouFly
you think that was random? along with the thread burying effort a few days ago?

that's precisely what he was sent here to do by them "MS Top Dawgs" lol I really dunno why folks take trolls so seriously.

Operation Distract & Confuse and as Bush woulda said Mission Accomplished

Bingo. LOTS of manipulation going on here in the past 48 hours, for those who have not noticed the obvious: a coordinated effort to dredge up dozens of 3-year-old-threads with content-free posts....all to push something off the first few pages. Tricksy hobbitses!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:12 pm

I disagree this thread just went from meh to awesome.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: All
To the OP, all I can say is well done sir:

[/URL]
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by FreshFalcon
You guys seriously need to get over yourselves.

We are self-evangelized criminals; whether you want to admit it or not.

Money does not come from nowhere. The US government can do it; none of us can. We are scheming and exploiting financial institutions at every point we can.

There is no such thing as a "deal," or "MS avenue." There are methods of taking advantage of available incentivizing marketing offers to perform actions that were never intended by the original creators. In video games, these are called glitches.

There's the utilitarian view that these financial institutions deserve our leeching because they demonstrably squeeze and suck their customers dry. The Kantian view reminds us that even Robin Hood is still a thief; and so are we.

We are glorified thieves and I'm okay with that. Are you?

It doesn't make sense to attach these "deals" or "entitlement" to our egos or backlash against others who work against our methods.
Are you an attorney?
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: Delta, USAir, Hilton
Smile

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Latecomers? Sayeth the man with 1 post!!
We are all trying to find a way to make this work cheaply. So far it is not turning out to be the golden goose, and the load limits were dropped to $250 before it was posted here.

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Judy, not everyone who readeth posteth !
PS love ur posts
Old Feb 24, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: Delta, USAir, Hilton
Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
What did you do that was considered suspicious?
All I was doing was what I was always doing which was using my credit card to load my prepaid card. Then all of the sudden it stopped working because they lowered their limit to $250 but i didn't know that. So i called customer service and they told me that it had been lowered. Then there was a long pause. When asked if the person was still there he said he was reviewing my account because a lot of people were using the cards inappropriately whatever the hell that means. He then said he would have to refer my account over to another department for review. Next thing you know i get a cancellation email. I know, I shouldn't have called to complain. But having one of the posters on this site apply for 75 cards was not a very good idea either. Post script: a buddy of mine applied for a card over a week ago, and has not received it yet. Something tells me he never will.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:26 pm
xp0

This card was good months ago. It is not good anymore. I had new ones coming in the mail that I never even activated.

On to the next one.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:08 am
Suspended

I dont understand what all the fighting is about, Everything changed on 1/25/15 when they reduced the max from $2500 per day for $2.95 to $250 max per week for that same $2.95

The OP nor any blogger killed this since it wasnt mentioned prior to 1/25 when they reduced their limits. Now had the OP posted about this say on 1/10 and let the cat out of the bag and people signed up for the cards like water, Id agree with most folks, but clearly the OP only posted once it died, why i have no idea but they didnt kill it since it was already dead
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:22 am

You forget, OP proclaimed this as though it still had the old limits and got everyone stirred up. I think he was angling to get someone to share one of their "secrets" with him. He actually said as much in another thread.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:15 am

My take on this.

The Haves, the Have Nots, and the Clever.

The Haves saw the prepaid card as a future opportunity. Being their own guinea pig, hoping for one to work in a way not intended.
The Clever are probably asking themselves questions like: Are there more cards like this? How many different banks own these cards? I got to start trying things out myself.
The Have Nots will not try anything untested and come on FT asking questions instead finding out the answers and contributing.

I like to think of myself as some what clever.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by jaccceee
I like to think of myself as some what clever.
I have yet to meet someone who does not think of themselves as somewhat clever.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:34 pm

I meant clever in a MacGyver sort of way.
You guys use financial products like MacGyver uses household items to diffuse bombs.

Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by jaccceee
I meant clever in a MacGyver sort of way.
You guys use financial products like MacGyver uses household items to diffuse bombs.

i never knew that MacGyver was a terrorist.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by SeahawkRaptor
To the OP, all I can say is well done sir:

[/URL]
Driving me crazy trying to think what his name is!!

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Originally Posted by AveApostle
i never knew that MacGyver was a terrorist.

That would be to build bombs, esp out of items from the airport gift shop after security......
Cheers!

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.