Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Prepaidian Delaware Boys Girl Club Card issued by Metabank

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wuchien6401
Cardholder Agreement .
You can load your Prepaidian DBGC card $2500.00 on a rolling 24-hour period with either a Visa or Mastercard Credit Card. You can add/change your Funding sources (credit cards) a maximum of 3 times in a rolling 30 day period, and five times on a rolling 180 day period.
There is a $2.95 fee each time you load your Debit card from a credit card.
According to the card-holder agreement, "the maximum value load you may place on your Card when aggregated with any other Cards you have authorized is restricted to $10,000". So you can load greater than $10,000 in a month but you will be shutdown by Metabank. Statements are generated at the end of each calendar month.
You will have to call Citibank Credit card to put a large purchase notification on your account, it may still not go through, so keep them on the line when you try to load, it will appear on your statement as MYDEBIT.NET 610-2555647 DE and categorized as "Services - BUSINESS SERVICES,NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSED". You shouldn't have to call again after the first purchase is approved.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Ordered for myself and the wife. Painless! Thanks OP
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by jewsus
THANKS! I've been working dozens of these cards LMAO all the way to the bank. No longer.
How deals end:

1. A great deal works for months and months if you go about it quietly
2. One day, someone cheerfully posts it on FT
3. Next day, Sauron-in-a-Bowtie splashes photos of his lovely wife waving the card in Bora Bora. The herd makes a sharp turn, and stampedes towards the newly publicized deal.
4. When some clueless dolt makes a mistake, he calls corporate to demand his free trip to Bora Bora.
5. Soon after, it's shut down
6. An argument appears on FT, people who got in on the party are royally pissed, the usual denialists demand irrefutable evidence that the deal was actually killed by the stampede, despite the trampled prairie.

I got no skin in this game, but if this is indeed a fruitful channel, expect it to last about a week more, maybe two. Well-meaning but v-e-r-y naive OP.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

I got no skin in this game, but if this is indeed a fruitful channel, expect it to last about a week more, maybe two. Well-meaning but v-e-r-y naive OP.
Some people (myself included) might say "how nice of you," since OP was doing us a favor. You jumped to calling OP an idiot.

Funny how different people's minds work.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
How deals end:

1. A great deal works for months and months if you go about it quietly
2. One day, someone cheerfully posts it on FT
3. Next day, Sauron-in-a-Bowtie splashes photos of his lovely wife waving the card in Bora Bora. The herd makes a sharp turn, and stampedes towards the newly publicized deal.
4. When some clueless dolt makes a mistake, he calls corporate to demand his free trip to Bora Bora.
5. Soon after, it's shut down
6. An argument appears on FT, people who got in on the party are royally pissed, the usual denialists demand irrefutable evidence that the deal was actually killed by the stampede, despite the trampled prairie.

^
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:45 pm

I've had this one for a while. Now that it is in here it will die very soon. Sad.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
In for 10
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:12 pm

I just ordered 75 of these cards. Go big or go home!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:14 pm

Metabank

Metabank: Quick shut down, money on hold, big hassle. I pass.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:16 pm

So it looks like come Monday they'll be enforcing that $250 a week load limit...
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
Some people (myself included) might say "how nice of you," since OP was doing us a favor. You jumped to calling OP an idiot.

Funny how different people's minds work.
Oh, really? I never called the OP anything like that. "Well-meaning but v-e-r-y naive".
Funny how some people have trouble with basic reading comprehension and quickly try to put words in others' mouths.

Is this OP really doing anyone a favor? Well, he's certainly doing the bloggers a favor, as this will surely become click-bait within 24 hours, further enriching them.

As to the rest of us? It remains to be seen how long this lasts now that it has been broadcast to the world. My guess is a couple weeks, maybe longer if they're totally asleep, but it won't last long. Since it's gonna take a week or so for most people to receive their cards, activate them, load and unload, if I'm right about how quickly it will be shut down, the first few who hit this quickly might benefit for a few days. Others who were not quite so quick to jump in may have their cash tied up for a while when their accounts get shut down.

Of course, for those who had been quietly enjoying this deal, it's certainly no favor to them. We'll see how it goes. But this is a small entity (Boys & Girls Club of Delaware) - probably a pretty fragile little institution (from a banking standpoint) and public exposure like this brings a quick end to all good things. Let's see how long it takes before this one dies.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by belltower
Metabank: Quick shut down, money on hold, big hassle. I pass.
I had the "pleasure" of dealing with Metabank when they rolled out their own branded version of these. Ended up having to deal with the dragon lady from customer service several times because she DEMANDED to know why on earth I would load $1000 and actually use the whole amount within a few days (well, hours really ) Ultimately got shut down and 6 weeks later got my refund check. So yeah, maybe since it's branded as something else and Metabank is just doing the back end, people will have a better go with this, but I suspect this will die a very quick death.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly
I just ordered 75 of these cards. Go big or go home!
Only? I thought you were going big...
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: 1&2
Looks like a great find!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:30 pm
cwu

Can you load this through the online portal? Or do you have to go to B&M locations? If B&M, which establishment is best? (CVS, Walgreens, 7-11?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.