Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:46 am

what the best credit card to fund this card with to start msing...i dont have any annual fee credit cards so they are out ....looking for some help and input.

suggestions?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aaba78
what the best credit card to fund this card with to start msing...i dont have any annual fee credit cards so they are out ....looking for some help and input.

suggestions?
There is no one best card for this. You have to decide what you value more. Cash, points, miles. Whichever card you feel like you would get the most rewards value out of is the one that you should use. Note - it's limited to Visa/MasterCard if you are referring to NW Buxx. Others have similar restrictions such as TD Buxx is TD only.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:04 am

i prefer cash or points i can sell to broker as i dont travel at all due to work..and yes im referring to NW buxx..what do you recommending...chase freedom? citi db cash? Bofamerica visa siganture?..like i said i have only no anuual fee cards...dont have cards liek like chase ink bold and the like

thanks for your response back
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
i prefer cash..and yes im referring to NW buxx..what do you recommending...chase freedom? siti db cash? Bofa..like i said i have no anuual fee cards like chase ink bold and the like

thanks for your response back
Note if you are referring to Chase Freedom or Ink Bold as cashback cards, you are doing it wrong. Well I shouldn't say wrong but you are not getting the most value out of your points. 2% cards though generally would be your best bet if you want pure cash.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:12 am

what would get most value for your points? what do you use?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:59 am

what would get most value for your points? what do you use?
Sorry but I tend to not like spoonfeeding. There are many many threads here that talk about credit cards. You just need to research and figure out what makes most sense for you.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by meowmixpurr
Did you use your DOB and real name for teens too? Or actual people with different SSNs to yours (the parent)?
I'm the parent and husband is teen and vice versa. Accurate info for DOB, SSN and names.

My husband is also a teen on his account with middle name.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:59 am

suggestions?
I will do a little spoon feeding, in the hope others have ideas.

I have used the cash back cards with high return rates, such as a BOA travel rewards card with Honors status which gives me back 2.675%.

However, I am also trying to use CITI cards in order to end up with a large enough balance on them to pay them off by phone, even if the return rate is lower. This avoids having to do as much searching for ATM's, or other labor intensive ways to unload. CITI cards with a bonus for spending (Premier say) are useful, or a Double Cash one.

Recently, I have not been using my CITI Forwards and other CITI cards enough to accumulate large balances. The 5% back from Amazon with a Forward is less than is earned with Discover or Chase Freedoms.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:03 am

Anybody here with shutdown story? and if its possible to re-open an existing card or another account with the same SSN which was used earlier (the card which got shut down)

i have searched the forum and did not find a relevant data points and hence asking the question here.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:22 pm

TD Buxx loads earn points

By some computations with my TD Bank Easy Rewards card (subtracting the 5 points earned on utility payments from the total points earned), I concluded that loading their BUXX earned points at 1 points per dollar as any other purchase that was not in the 5 points per dollar category (utilities, groceries, etc.).

I update the Wiki to reflect this since that is a question that may have concerned many.

Last edited by ed765; Dec 16, 2015 at 12:42 pm
Old Dec 16, 2015, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by ed765
I will do a little spoon feeding, in the hope others have ideas.

I have used the cash back cards with high return rates, such as a BOA travel rewards card with Honors status which gives me back 2.675%.

However, I am also trying to use CITI cards in order to end up with a large enough balance on them to pay them off by phone, even if the return rate is lower. This avoids having to do as much searching for ATM's, or other labor intensive ways to unload. CITI cards with a bonus for spending (Premier say) are useful, or a Double Cash one.

Recently, I have not been using my CITI Forwards and other CITI cards enough to accumulate large balances. The 5% back from Amazon with a Forward is less than is earned with Discover or Chase Freedoms.
very helpful post thank you....
Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by ed765
By some computations with my TD Bank Easy Rewards card (subtracting the 5 points earned on utility payments from the total points earned), I concluded that loading their BUXX earned points at 1 points per dollar as any other purchase that was not in the 5 points per dollar category (utilities, groceries, etc.).

I update the Wiki to reflect this since that is a question that may have concerned many.
This isn't news. It was previously posted in this very thread. Additionally, if one could not earn points by loading TD Buxx with TD cards, common sense would indicate it would have been removed from the wiki altogether, seeing as how this is the MS forum. Not every little thing needs to go in the wiki.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by Mamibear
NOT true for me and many others I know. We have been getting 2% on DCB mastercard for the past several months for USB (now closed) and NWbuxx. I have also used 2 cards to make a payment on my outstanding balance.

I know some who don't get their extra 1% for their payment because they redeemed their CB for statement credit. Doing this will definitely not earn 1% CB.
What's the correct way to make the full 2% for the CitiDC? What is actually the problem in earning the 1% on payment--Is it the paying on the phone that stops of earning the 1% on payment? Or is it paying your balance too quickly, before you have accumulated enough available Rewards Dollars that are eligible for the 1% on payment? Or, you mentioned something about redeeming the CB for Statement Credit?
Old Dec 18, 2015, 5:04 pm

delete

Last edited by Mamibear; Dec 18, 2015 at 6:50 pm
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:18 am

Buying credit card bill with buxx

I'm trying to use my NW buxx to pay my Fia amex card and the address verification keeps failing. Any solutions for those that do this?
Thank you in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.