Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
Anyone loaded Buxx with Chase Southwest Visa cards recently? Did it start as CA in pending and post as purchase like CSP? Thanks!
Yep
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:23 am

TD BUXX card did not work in paying CITI

I tried using my TD Buxx to pay CITI by phone,and the CITI US representative could not make it work.

I had earlier reported the TD Bank Buxx could not be used to pay Capital One, and after much wasted time was told by their representative that it could not be used to pay other cards.

This goes against their advertised claim that it could be used wherever VISA is accepted.

Unless someone reports a different experience, I will probably add to the Wiki that this BUXX can not be used to pay other cards off by phone.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:03 am

If between me and my wife we could get 8 buxx cards, how many credit cards do you think we would need to fund them every month without raising a flag? For example, If I tried to fund these 8 cards with two cc's,it would definitely look suspicious right? I am curious as to how many cc's are being used with you guys.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by nihonotaku
If between me and my wife we could get 8 buxx cards, how many credit cards do you think we would need to fund them every month without raising a flag? For example, If I tried to fund these 8 cards with two cc's,it would definitely look suspicious right? I am curious as to how many cc's are being used with you guys.
I don't think that'd be possible with just two cards, as there is a system-wide limit on loads per CC per month, on top of the actual Buxx card load limits.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:04 am

I agree. what do you think is sufficient as far as number of credit cards? 4?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by ed765
After a report here that Capital One could be paid by BUXX cards I tried using my Capital One card to pay Capital One. It was declined although the Capital One representative could not explain why. A call to TD Bank Buxx first produced a statement that the security code was wrong. After checking, I tried again and Capital One then reported it was decline and the system kept saying the address was unavailable. After a long hold, a TD Bank representative stated their card could not be used to pay other Banks, and that this was always true for all banks (some here may know this is not true). Capital One was able to accept payments from a Nationwide BUXX card. I did learn from Capital One that they use a service called BNY Mellen Treasury Services to process debit card payments, and the problem may lie with them (including a system that fails to reveal the true reason cards will not be accepted) giving excuses about addressed. The Capital One representative was quite patient in trying different addresses, forms of the name different dollar amounts, etc. much of which could have been avoided if the system had been programmed to give an accurate reason for decline. Somehow their system prefilled the file with my address etc. (the card had never been used successfully before at Capital One).

He even stayed on the line for a very long time while I found a Nationwide BUXX which had money and had not recently been used to test to see if somehow it was retaining an address from that. This one went through.

Incidentally, I learned Capital One will allow only one debit card payment per day.

TD security had approved the transaction after review at least shows a lack of adequate training as to policies.
Please stop calling. Please. Your card didn't go through because you hit a spending limit. Your clue was that your other card went through. Look online at your activity on that card. See how much you spent last, the date, and how much you were attempting to pay, and check it against the wiki. Either that or the credit card gods hate you.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:24 am

There is a limit of 5 per address.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:28 am

buxx

Originally Posted by Flyin2
There is a limit of 5 per address.
Ideally how many credit cards should be used to load these? 2 or 3?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:49 am

Ideally how many credit cards should be used to load these? 2 or 3?
A few months back, someone posted what to do each day and what credit card to use. It was something like

Day 1 load child 1 with credit card 1
Day 1 load child 2 with credit card 2

Etc. look for it. It will help you set up recurring charges so you don't need to do anything one you set it up. If you think you can get 8 cards when the wiki says 5, then you are neither reading the wiki nor investing enough time in reading posts before asking questions. No one wants to answer questions when the infirmation is there. I never post a question without reading the wiki and the last 50 pages. There is much to learn even clues about other things to do. Read.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:52 am

gotch

A few months back, someone posted what to do each day and what credit card to use. It was something like

Day 1 load child 1 with credit card 1
Day 1 load child 2 with credit card 2

Etc. look for it. It will help you set up recurring charges so you don't need to do anything one you set it up. If you think you can get 8 cards when the wiki says 5, then you are neither reading the wiki nor investing enough time in reading posts before asking questions. No one wants to answer questions when the infirmation is there. I never post a question without reading the wiki and the last 50 pages. There is much to learn even clues about other things to do. Read.
I understand...but I am able to get a second address...that is why I brought it up. I have read the wiki as well.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:55 am

I understand...but I am able to get a second address...that is why I brought it up. I have read the wiki as well.
Then get 10. Find that post. It will help you maximize your spend.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:34 pm

Please stop calling. Please. Your card didn't go through because you hit a spending limit. Your clue was that your other card went through. Look online at your activity on that card. See how much you spent last, the date, and how much you were attempting to pay, and check it against the wiki. Either that or the credit card gods hate you.
Thanks for the advice.

Hitting a spending limit is unlikely since the TD Buxx card had never been used for anything. Even reducing the dollar amount (on the possibility there was a hold on recently deposited funds) did not work.

If anyone has any evidence otherwise, I (and I think others) would be interested in hearing it.

Since Capital One cards can be paid by Nationwide Buxx as can CITI, while TD Bank cards seem to be accepted by neither CITI or Capital One, it seems clear to me that the TD Bank cards are subject to different rules, probably because of TD Bank policy, or a differences in the computer software.

Last edited by ed765; Dec 28, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by unrivalled
Returned Check on FIA bill payment

Dec 21 - Loaded $500 into buxx (no previous load/unload activity for more than 30 days - inactive for about 2 months), balance now $682
Dec 23 - Paid FIA for $650, went through fine with confirmation number, with $32 balance on buxx account
Dec 24 - "Returned Payment Unpaid" message with amount previously paid and return check fees ($25) levied on FIA account

None of the load/unload limits were hit

I plan on contacting FIA and/or NW Buxx after a few days for charges to settle. Right now (dec 26) buxx balance is still $32.
Did you ever get a refund back on your NW Buxx card? I got the same thing and they told me that there was a "Billing Type Mismatch".
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt
Called citi to do my first two $800 payments. And it took all of five minutes to do both payments with the same CSR.

Why I didn't jump on this train long ago I don't know.

Thanks to everyone who had any hand in this thread.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mortgasm
No. Theoretically, each credit card can support 8 loads a month. Since the maximum load is $500 and maximum balance is $1000, a single credit card could support 4 NWbuxx cards. So your two cards could support 8. But the max seems to be 5 cards.

If you are liquidating in time you can follow this pattern. (It can be automated.)

1st CC1 Buxx1 CC1 Buxx2 CC2 Buxx3 CC2 Buxx4
8th CC1 Buxx5
15th CC1 Buxx1 CC1 Buxx2 CC2 Buxx3 CC2 Buxx4
22nd CC1 Buxx5

I use Barclays's AU cards to all hit the same account.
Here's the sample schedule someone put up. Personally, I have found the rules to be a little more wonky with the 7 or 8 day rule. I haven't been able to get 2 loads one day, then 2 more loads 8 days later with the same card, for example. 1 always fails that second time. I have 4 cards, and can't get them to fully load in a calendar month with only one CC.

The quoted schedule avoids that situation by having only 1 load after an 8 day gap, so it may pass. I intend to try this way, even though I'll need to use a 1.5% card as my CC #2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.