Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd
I think it's 5 (can we finally have this added to wiki? Lol I had same question few days back)
I misphrased my question. Total is 5 for one parent (1p+4t), but searching this thread and the previous one, I couldn't find how many identical doppelgänger I can add (as in same info for all) if I am the only player? (i.e. no teens or "teens") Still same answer?
Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:24 pm

I have 5, I did 5 variatioons.....

full name
first, last
first, middle initial, last
first initial, middle initial, last
first initial, last

hope this helps...
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by kim2game
I misphrased my question. Total is 5 for one parent (1p+4t), but searching this thread and the previous one, I couldn't find how many identical doppelgänger I can add (as in same info for all) if I am the only player? (i.e. no teens or "teens") Still same answer?
Thanks
Maximum of 5 “Teens” per address (regardless of how many accounts you create)
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:30 am

I have a friend who I imagine would be willing to let me use her address

Can I use my same name, ss# etc if I open a new account with a different address or is that a path to getting the whole thing sunk for me

Following the thread for months and perusing it again using specific searches I could not find any data points on this
Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Joshy119
I have a friend who I imagine would be willing to let me use her address

Can I use my same name, ss# etc if I open a new account with a different address or is that a path to getting the whole thing sunk for me

Following the thread for months and perusing it again using specific searches I could not find any data points on this
Can go either way. You have to make choice between risking safe $5k MS or may be gaining an additional $1k opportunity.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by Joshy119
Lack of response not withstanding I went ahead and went for it. If me doing this somehow caused catastrophe for the MS community at least I asked ahead of time

Anyway the 5th went through under my name/SS/addy for those who may be wondering for themselves

Cheers
Sorry I only came across this forum today.

YES, you can have 5 teens under one adult account all at the same address. Have done this for 3 mos now; no issues.

AND YES, some of the teens can be the same as the adult, AND YES some teens can have the same name, SSN, etc as other teens. BUT you must have a unique USER ID for EACH entity.

AND do not use a fake SSN or DOB. Just asking for unnecessary attention.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
NW Buxx - how often change funding CC?

I have not seen good data on this - how many times/month can I change my 2 funding credit cards on NW Buxx?

I have changed them at least 4 times in the first month, with no issue, but normally do not change them more than once/mo.

Any experience with issues out there?

Last edited by fletchbo; Dec 8, 2015 at 9:51 am
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by anubond005
Can go either way. You have to make choice between risking safe $5k MS or may be gaining an additional $1k opportunity.
I have two addresses with two accounts using only 1 SSN. Total cards are 6 which I have been using on and off for the past 6 months. I just need to remind myself to set the auto-reload.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Purealoha23
I have 5, I did 5 variatioons.....

full name
first, last
first, middle initial, last
first initial, middle initial, last
first initial, last

hope this helps...
Thanks, I'll play with that.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by canyoncar
No, the ATM limit only applies when you are telling Kate to give you cash.

You could load 800/week if you wanted to
Apparently, what I was doing wrong is forgetting to include the phone payments to Citi in the $800.

Do ATM withdrawals count toward the 800, or are charges and ATM separate quotas?
Old Dec 8, 2015, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by fpc552
Apparently, what I was doing wrong is forgetting to include the phone payments to Citi in the $800.

Do ATM withdrawals count toward the 800, or are charges and ATM separate quotas?
Yes they do count. $800 is wat u can spend in a week including everything
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:50 pm

Just starting with one card, can anyone give me a consistent load / unload pattern that they use to maximize the process with the framework of the load / unload rules. I already know how I am going to unload, I am just looking for a consistent process to make things easier. Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Crest32
Just starting with one card, can anyone give me a consistent load / unload pattern that they use to maximize the process with the framework of the load / unload rules. I already know how I am going to unload, I am just looking for a consistent process to make things easier. Thanks!
(paraphrasing) Select load card > Recurring Scheduled Load > options for 1st and 15th.
Or you can manually set it up to load on the 1st and manually set it up to load on the 8th.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Southwest, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by unstableone
There was 3rd card on the account that didn't pass SSN verification check. They initially closed this card only. I couldn't get a refund for it for a long time, so I filed a chargeback. I assume this combination resulted in account closure.
They did let me to open 2nd account, but I have yet to receive the new card. That's why I'm trying to avoid going chargeback route.
How long was it before the SSN verification was done? I'd opened one card with my own SSN with a digit flipped (I'd seen some FT posts in which this was done) so now am apprehensive about it. Should I close that card out myself, to avoid scrutiny for the remainder of the account?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:38 am

Have two Buxx cards working fine for a few weeks. Tried to add a 3rd teen today and got an error message " a limit violation has occurred". Does the rolling 7 and 30 days apply to all cards combined or is each card separate? Asking because it's hard to have a limit reached on a new card that is just being set with an initial $500.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.