Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:32 am

Unable to add teens or load?

I emptied out my Buxx cards (3 of them) last month on 11/23 and have just been letting them sit, haven't loaded since October. I still can't 1) add a teen, or 2) load. Any suggestions?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by tscateh
I emptied out my Buxx cards (3 of them) last month on 11/23 and have just been letting them sit, haven't loaded since October. I still can't 1) add a teen, or 2) load. Any suggestions?
Did u try loading them manually? Mine didn't load on the 1st so I just did manually and it worked fine.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:56 am

Yep, tried loading manually. I don't have an auto-load set up. Very frustrating. Never had any problems with my US Bank Buxx cards like this.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
What type of Buxx?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
What type of Buxx?
NW Buxx.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
NW Buxx.
It may be an issue with your credit card.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 1:09 am

I called in recently and talked to CS. I was sure to drill the lady because i hadn't recieved my card after 3 weeks. She told me that the system denied making the card, but she did not understand why. She then typed stuff (i heard the clicks) and said Ill have one sent out to you asap and I asked her if she could upgrade the shipping since i had basically been out 500$ for 3 weeks, she said sure.

Interesting fact #1 - is that when she pushed the card through on her end, both orders were approved and shipped, but the first one that arrived was dead and un-usable, the 2nd was the good card i could use

Interesting fact #2 - When I was talking to her over the phone, I asked her if there were a way that I could get one made for me (the account holder). I heard her typing in the background again and she said, "no the system won't let me, but if you go into a branch, they should be able to do it for you."

Dunno if it is possible, and with so many reports of customer service reps not knowing what they are doing, I feel like this could be a wrong fact, but if anyone has a legit account or can make one off the bat, (for ex you have a kid and want to start an account for you and them regardless of age) and go into a branch and try this to see what happens, I would be very grateful, as i would assume it would up the MS-ability of this card 1K/m.

Interesting fact #3 - You all are thinking way too inside the box with your names and in my opinion, doing an initial for your first or last name is a horrible idea... What I did was ad JR to the end, so then I was able to use middle initial, no middle, and then add JR to those. I have had numerous credit cards shipped to me with JR added to the end (despite telling them not to do it and specifically instructing first name, middle initial, and last name) since i am my father's son who has the same name. It is also very acceptable to have done and i have never had a single person give me trouble when I use a card that had JR on the end as i keep them from my spare wallet should i lose my daily wallet. given all that, i hate it when I get a card with JR and always have them expedite a card to me without that on there hahaha. Another thing to consider is if they ever try to crack down on MS, I guarantee first thing they will do is implement something to find stupid stuff like people with 1 letter 1st and last names, you have one, your boned for sure. Calling Customer service would red flag you (in my personal opinion) when you tell them your name is J name smith or John doe S (as examples to demonstrate how it looks)... I don't even think 1 letter names are possible in the USA, but I do know people with 2 letter names personally.... again fact 3 is just my opinion

Last edited by esckey; Dec 12, 2015 at 1:28 am
Old Dec 12, 2015, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by esckey
Another thing to consider is if they ever try to crack down on MS, I guarantee first thing they will do is implement something to find stupid stuff like people with 1 letter 1st and last names, you have one, your boned for sure.
If I were NW Buxx and didn't just shut the program down as a complete sinkhole what I would do is implement fees that wouldn't be onerous if the card was used as intended but would discourage MS activity.

For example, start allowing free ACH loads and charging a percentage based loading fee of 2% for CC loads, no free ATM withdrawals, a monthly fee that isn't waivable, etc. etc. etc.

The could also dink around with daily/weekly/monthly limits.
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Signed up and received my card within a week. Woohoo
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:26 am

hey, long-time lurker. I've been reading through this thread and thought I had it figured out, but am running into problems trying to create NW buxx cards. This is what I did:

1. Signed up with myself as the parent: John Doe with my real dob and ssn.

2. Then added two teens: a) John A Doe b) John F Doe (different initial but same first and last name) with made up DOBs for both but with my real ssn. Funded both with $20 to start off with.

3. I was able to login/logout of the account with no problem.

4. Today, I try to login to parent, teen #1, or teen #2 account online, and it says username/password incorrect. I try to reset my account via security question, and it says security answer incorrect.

5. I'm 100% sure that the usernames/passwords and security questions are correct as I saved them in my password manager, and about 24 hours ago I was able to login/logout with the same information.

6. Also, does the address given need to match the billing address of the credit card? Or have people been able to provide a residential address that is different from the billing address of their credit card?

What did I do wrong? It seems like I was shut down and my parent/teen accounts shut down. If so, I hope my payments to create the cards will be refunded/drop off pending without posting.

I don't really want to call CSR yet because I have no good explanation for why I had John A Doe and John S Doe with made up DOBs (so that their ages are in the teens).

If charges post, should I chargeback and try to create a new account again?

Thanks so much in advance!
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:56 am

No reason to make up DOB. My teens are senior citizens. The only age restriction is they have to be at least 12 or 13 years old.

By the way Buxx are a great way to help seniors with issues manage their incidental spending money.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Paying student debt and traveling when i can
Originally Posted by meowmixpurr
What did I do wrong? It seems like I was shut down and my parent/teen accounts shut down. If so, I hope my payments to create the cards will be refunded/drop off pending without posting.
if you're having log in issues, try using an incognito browser.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by odin99
if you're having log in issues, try using an incognito browser.
I've tried using incognite and regular, no luck:

"We are unable to process your request. Invalid Information."

I think they've shut it down :O
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
No reason to make up DOB. My teens are senior citizens. The only age restriction is they have to be at least 12 or 13 years old.

By the way Buxx are a great way to help seniors with issues manage their incidental spending money.
Did you use your DOB and real name for teens too? Or actual people with different SSNs to yours (the parent)?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by meowmixpurr
hey, long-time lurker. I've been reading through this thread and thought I had it figured out, but am running into problems trying to create NW buxx cards. This is what I did:

1. Signed up with myself as the parent: John Doe with my real dob and ssn.

2. Then added two teens: a) John A Doe b) John F Doe (different initial but same first and last name) with made up DOBs for both but with my real ssn. Funded both with $20 to start off with.

3. I was able to login/logout of the account with no problem.

4. Today, I try to login to parent, teen #1, or teen #2 account online, and it says username/password incorrect. I try to reset my account via security question, and it says security answer incorrect.

5. I'm 100% sure that the usernames/passwords and security questions are correct as I saved them in my password manager, and about 24 hours ago I was able to login/logout with the same information.

6. Also, does the address given need to match the billing address of the credit card? Or have people been able to provide a residential address that is different from the billing address of their credit card?

I don't really want to call CSR yet because I have no good explanation for why I had John A Doe and John S Doe with made up DOBs (so that their ages are in the teens).

If charges post, should I chargeback and try to create a new account again?

Thanks so much in advance!
Your account may be under security review. Call them (they will not send any letter or phone calls). They may ask for supporting documents to allow online account access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.