Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
There are cheaper ways to offload VGCs than $2 per $500.

Yes I know but I have some large ms this month and I like to stay away from MOs. So does this mean u can load VGCs on buxx yes or no?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:36 pm
jmw

Originally Posted by abo456
Yes I know but I have some large ms this month and I like to stay away from MOs. So does this mean u can load VGCs on buxx yes or no?
You know... you should have thought this out prior to getting that Amex card.

Your buxx account will likely get locked down after just a few card changes, regardless of whether it is VGC or not. Most of us think hard and long prior to changing the funding CC account on buxx. Plan on getting your VGC liquidated via in-person bird feeding and MO.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by jmw
You know... you should have thought this out prior to getting that Amex card.

Your buxx account will likely get locked down after just a few card changes, regardless of whether it is VGC or not. Most of us think hard and long prior to changing the funding CC account on buxx. Plan on getting your VGC liquidated via in-person bird feeding and MO.
Oh how often can you safely change the funding source?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:39 pm

Citi double cash card

can anybody confirm 2% CB on NW Buxx, 1% on loading, 1% upon payment? Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:46 pm

I looked at the Citi DC thread a couple of days ago (I am considering picking up this card), and the consensus seems to be 1% on loading but the other 1% upon payment doesn't post because it's a "financial" transaction.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by bigugly
I looked at the Citi DC thread a couple of days ago (I am considering picking up this card), and the consensus seems to be 1% on loading but the other 1% upon payment doesn't post because it's a "financial" transaction.
Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:07 pm

So uh I just want to confirm this to make sure. You can only have a maximum of $1,000/mth loads on the teen card right? The $1,000 doesn't actually apply to the credit card, but only the teen cards. It would then take me two weeks to load $2,000 total right?

Last edited by Crusading Angel; Jul 14, 2015 at 9:36 pm
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by bigugly
this may apply to NWbuxx but for USbuxx, I've used it as funding source for 11 months now and have gotten the full 2% since I pay all my balance before statement cut.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:13 am

Just got NW Buxx and it seems really unreliable. I read the wiki saw that 2/3 of of AllPoint are hit with a $1 fee but that you can call and have it reversed as long as the ATM was in fact AllPoint. Used my Buxx for the first time and was charged a $3 fee ($1 service fee + 2 x $1 balance inquiry fee, which I never did). Called NW and they are completely useless saying that a week or two they changed their T&C to say that a $1 "program fee" would be charged for each ATM use. Not sure how they can get away with this since you can call it whatever you want but by definition it's a surcharge and it specifically lists AllPoint ATM's as surcharge free. I haven't been following this thread more than a week or two but didn't see anything about this in the last few pages....

Do MoneyPass (the other network it says is surcharge free) ATM's have the same issue as AllPoint?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by liw5215
can anybody confirm 2% CB on NW Buxx, 1% on loading, 1% upon payment? Thanks a lot!
I can confirm that it is only 1% for loading, and NO 1% for payment.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
I can confirm that it is only 1% for loading, and NO 1% for payment.
Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:34 pm

I have tried recently to use the search functionality to find this out but can't find an answer so I will just ask

Can anyone let me know if Bank of America Alaska Airline card posts as purchase or Cash Advance on USBuxx?

TIA
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by whitey4545
I have tried recently to use the search functionality to find this out but can't find an answer so I will just ask

Can anyone let me know if Bank of America Alaska Airline card posts as purchase or Cash Advance on USBuxx?

TIA
purchase for NWbuxx.
will drain ur CA initially though
unsure for USBUXX
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:58 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Just got NW Buxx and it seems really unreliable. I read the wiki saw that 2/3 of of AllPoint are hit with a $1 fee but that you can call and have it reversed as long as the ATM was in fact AllPoint. Used my Buxx for the first time and was charged a $3 fee ($1 service fee + 2 x $1 balance inquiry fee, which I never did). Called NW and they are completely useless saying that a week or two they changed their T&C to say that a $1 "program fee" would be charged for each ATM use. Not sure how they can get away with this since you can call it whatever you want but by definition it's a surcharge and it specifically lists AllPoint ATM's as surcharge free. I haven't been following this thread more than a week or two but didn't see anything about this in the last few pages....

Do MoneyPass (the other network it says is surcharge free) ATM's have the same issue as AllPoint?
Been using NW Buxx cards for over 2 years, in the last year I've been dinged with the $1 allpoint atm fee now and then, I just take it as the cost of MS spending. I only withdraw cash rarely using the card and stick to debit card payments with Citi (no fee) and loading redcard (no fee).
Old Jul 16, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by flyer1990

Sigh...Stop calling them over things like that. If theres a balance inquiry fee, then you probably did it by mistake or something. It's only $3. Swallow the fee and keep moving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.