Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:08 am

From the wiki:

call to reverse the $1 charge

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Sigh...Stop calling them over things like that. If theres a balance inquiry fee, then you probably did it by mistake or something. It's only $3. Swallow the fee and keep moving.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:54 am

No "mistake or something". Turns out there was an error in their systems and they confirmed there was an issue. Reconfirms that this method is a bit "buggy"....at least until you find a groove. They reversed it but just FYI in case anyone else experiences something similar.... if I hadn't called it's not clear if this would have continued to happen or if it was just a one-off thing.

Contrary to your "sigh", I'm def not sweating $1 here or there as a cost of doing business....but I do like to understand the rules and know what to expect.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:11 pm

Status update

I finally got my $2000 back from US bank after 4 months.

Originally Posted by FSG378
One of my us Buxx has the same status MUCLOSED. I called US bank Buxx this Monday and the rep told me my card was closed at March 8 and she cannot find out the reason. She told me that I will receive a explanation letter from US bank soon. I am still waiting for the letter.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:27 pm

swapping CCs

Just so I'm understanding, if you can't easily swap CCs out that means this card isn't great for churning bonuses?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: IHG Plat
I finally got my $2000 back from US bank after 4 months.
what was the reason for the closure?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:44 pm

I contacted them that about 10 times. Each time I called, all I got from the rept was that your account was closed and you will receive a new explanation letter within 2-3 weeks. The funny thing is I have never gotten any explanation letter.

Finally, within the last phone call one week ago, the rept told me that my account was closed because it is inactive for several months. I told her that this account was inactive because the money (2K) was freeze.

All I knew is, once your account is MUCLOSED, it will be a long battle similar to paypal's behavior.

Originally Posted by indelible
what was the reason for the closure?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:03 pm

So how often can u safely switch CCs on buxx without risking shutdown?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by abo456
So how often can u safely switch CCs on buxx without risking shutdown?
Once every 3-6 months. Seriously: It's been clearly stated this card is not for churning bonuses.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:19 pm

I contacted them that about 10 times. Each time I called, all I got from the rept was that your account was closed and you will receive a new explanation letter within 2-3 weeks. The funny thing is I have never gotten any explanation letter.

Finally, within the last phone call one week ago, the rept told me that my account was closed because it is inactive for several months. I told her that this account was inactive because the money (2K) was freeze.

All I knew is, once your account is MUCLOSED, it will be a long battle similar to paypal's behavior.
That makes me think of reload it's customer support
Old Jul 19, 2015, 7:35 pm
Suspended

So I just called them over the $1 fee. The first person was unable to do anything so she politely escalated the call to her floor supervisor. She says the $1 fee is a nationwide "program fee" and not an allpoint fee. She says the terms and conditions reflect this. I read her this:
There is no fee for using your Card at Nationwide Bank or Allpoint ATMs. If you use your Card at other ATMs, including those displaying the Visa/Plus logos, there is a $1.00 fee, and the ATM terminal owner may charge additional fees and “surcharge” for ATM transactions.
My interpretation is that if you're using an allpoint ATM its completely free and if you go out of network you're charged $1 plus owner fees. She seems to disagree but she escalated the fee waiver request. I get that it's only a buck but this adds up after a while.. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AndrewTheMan
So I just called them over the $1 fee. The first person was unable to do anything so she politely escalated the call to her floor supervisor. She says the $1 fee is a nationwide "program fee" and not an allpoint fee. She says the terms and conditions reflect this. I read her this:

My interpretation is that if you're using an allpoint ATM its completely free and if you go out of network you're charged $1 plus owner fees. She seems to disagree but she escalated the fee waiver request. I get that it's only a buck but this adds up after a while.. Any thoughts?
Use the debit card to pay off citi credit cards and skip the ATM altogether.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewTheMan
Once every 3-6 months. Seriously: It's been clearly stated this card is not for churning bonuses.
Is this for TD, NW or US visa buxx? Care to elaborate? I think I switched like 2 times in the past month on NW visa buxx. Are my accounts gonna be closed? Please share some data points with me guys!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Songer5
Use the debit card to pay off citi credit cards and skip the ATM altogether.
How do you pay off a citi card with your nw card?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:41 am
jmw

Originally Posted by abo456
Just wondering u can't load VGCS to NW Buxx can u? I got some spend on amex I'm trying to take care of
If you are not going to MO or bird feed, just give up on the bonus for the Amex. I know some people can't do both (eg. those who live in the SF Bay Area), but too bad. You have not done the necessary preparation to be successful. Your plan of swapping VGC in buxx won't work no matter how often you ask.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:38 am

is there a hard or soft pull when opening a nationwide buxx card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.