Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2015, 3:06 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
Originally Posted by fafa123
Usually get hit with a $1 charge every time I use the ATM, even though I only use Allpoint ATMs. Last called in to reverse the charges on 6/12/15. Called again today and told that as of 5/5/15 there has been a change to terms and conditions and that there is now a $1 non-reversible fee for Allpoint ATMs. Asked to speak to a supervisor who confirmed the new rule (previous reversal was done in error). She will escalate it up the ranks and in 4 days or so someone is supposed to call me back to let me know if I got a one time courtesy reversal.

Of course I never heard of this rule and the website still lists Allpoint ATMs as fee free. Anyone else encountered this?
Considering that you're using their product to "cheat", I just never get how people call in over $1.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by ILGfly
Haven't used NW Buxx in a while but if this is the case, I'll just avoid loading a full $1k and load $800 and do a three way split $2398.12 BP at WM.
I haven't done BP with this card at WM. Is there a fee?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:48 am

Does NW buxx post as purchase (and not a CA) with Citi AA Exec? I know the wiki says multiple reports, but wanted to confirm as that was a long time ago. If I have my CA limit to 0, I assume the charge would be denied if it ended up being a CA?

Last edited by DeltaNeutral28; Aug 4, 2015 at 8:02 am
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Membersince2013
Considering that you're using their product to "cheat", I just never get how people call in over $1.
You're not alone.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Does NW buxx post as purchase (and not a CA) with Citi AA Exec? I know the wiki says multiple reports, but wanted to confirm as that was a long time ago. If I have my CA limit to 0, I assume the charge would be denied if it ended up being a CA?
yes, that's one way to find out. just keep in mind, there are some CCs that will post it as CA while pending but on final posting, it becomes a sale/purchase. if you're not sure, you can always do a 'test' load with a small amount so that if it posts as CA, the most you'll pay with be around $3 to $5 which you can consider as cost of doing business. make sure to pay it off immediately. if it's your first CA charge, you can ask them to waive it, which most companies will do, as one time courtesy.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:44 pm

Not cheating. I have 3 teenagers and am following all the rules. At one point used the ATM weekly. If there is now a fee, ok, will take that into account. Just don't like the rules changed retroactively, without notice, and applied inconsistently.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
If $1 fees are meaningless to you, I'm happy to take your dollars off your hands.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 7:13 am

I wished I can find a WM BP place. I haven't been able to WM BP for any of my Visa/MS bills from 16 WMs within 20 miles radius since last December.

Originally Posted by ILGfly
Haven't used NW Buxx in a while but if this is the case, I'll just avoid loading a full $1k and load $800 and do a three way split $2398.12 BP at WM.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Songer5
If $1 fees are meaningless to you, I'm happy to take your dollars off your hands.
I love these comments!

What in the world does that mean? That you value them and the other poster doesn't? That's obvious.

That you are actually willing to do the work for a dollar? That's ridiculous.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Songer5
The takeaway is that this card is intended to be loaded with $50 per month to let your kids spend it 5 bucks at a time at the quickie mart. When you're loading/unloading to the max, it's silly to get eyes all over these accounts over a dollar...use unload methods that aren't ATM.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:20 pm

NWB/SERVE

Hoping somebody can help me out with a question about unloading NWB to Serve...

I was able to unload $50 to my Serve account with my NWB card at WM. Does this count towards the $200 ATM limit per week (i.e. I can unload only another $150?) or is it count towards the $800 purchase limit per week?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Millerwaukee
Hoping somebody can help me out with a question about unloading NWB to Serve...

I was able to unload $50 to my Serve account with my NWB card at WM. Does this count towards the $200 ATM limit per week (i.e. I can unload only another $150?) or is it count towards the $800 purchase limit per week?

Thanks in advance!
Loading NWB to Redbird counts against the $800 purchase limit. It should count similarly with Serve.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by minamhere
Loading NWB to Redbird counts against the $800 purchase limit. It should count similarly with Serve.
AWESOME! Thanks again.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 10:13 am

what CC's besides Citibank can you pay with your Buxx cards?
Old Aug 7, 2015, 11:37 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
what CC's besides Citibank can you pay with your Buxx cards?
No others as far as i know..but I could be wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.