Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by cdancer20
What you could have done was put in the wrong pin number. Then when it didn't work, act shocked, and say you have to call ur bank. Then walk out.
^
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by commdiver
When you guys are doing these BB loads with multiple swipes, what are you saying? "Hi, I want to load $2,000 onto my BB with four swipes."? I have been saying that me debit card only does $500 per swipe, but they never seem to understand what that means.
I only reload 1 bb per register, so after they finish the first $500, I say "lets do it again." I've found that by not mentioning i'm doing 2 transactions right off the bat that things go smoother.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fletch512
Just ignore Paul. He got 12000 posts by telling people that their personal views are wrong and his are correct. I have to give him credit...he keeps plugging away at it no matter how repetitive it gets or how inconsequential the point. Apparently all knowledge is free, the golden goose should be butchered and divided equally to all, and it's impossible to prove that any blogger ruined a good thing. Argumentum ad nauseam, ad infinitum.
If you think your ideas are sacrosanct, then go ahead and ignore me. I use reason. You don't like it. Simple as that.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by cdancer20
What you could have done was put in the wrong pin number. Then when it didn't work, act shocked, and say you have to call ur bank. Then walk out.
Thought about that immediately after the fact. I guess I was just kind of shocked by the fact that this was happening when I've never had a single issue at this store before. I know I'm out $1k in loads on that card now but I've got 2 BB and 4 Serve so it's not that big a deal. I'm hoping this was a one time experience because Giant has 3x gas points on VGCs coming up tomorrow and this is a quick easy way to unload a large amount of them.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
If you think your ideas are sacrosanct, then go ahead and ignore me. I use reason. You don't like it. Simple as that.
Paul, I don't have any problems with you and you have been helpful to me from time to time. I do think that you argue your point of view frequently. You're alright by me though.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
I expect you never, ever ask for help, then.
There's a difference in asking for help for something that has never been posted/thought about/dealt with before, and from something that's been restated hundreds of times. The latter is the ongoing problem obviously.

This title of this thread is as bogus now as it was when it was started.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by payeco
Just went to my normal WM to load two BBs. I usually go to a register first for one and then the MC for the other.

For the first time ever I was asked to show an ID that he used to match up with the BB. Luckily I had used the one with my name on it. Then when I told him I wanted to pay with debit he asked me to give it to him to swipe. I said "I normally swipe it on the terminal right here" and he said he needs to match it to my ID. I didn't push it any further. I let him pull the $1000 from my real checking and left the store.

Not a good sign... I'm going to go back tomorrow and try again and see what happens...
Any cashier ask me that does not 'need' to be asked...CVS, WMT or any store, I walk away in a hurry! walk around and back in 5 mins to other cashier, if again? - I walk away from the store.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
There's a difference in asking for help for something that has never been posted/thought about/dealt with before, and from something that's been restated hundreds of times. The latter is the ongoing problem obviously.

This title of this thread is as bogus now as it was when it was started.
*slight tangent*
I have PM the OP about changing the title of this thread since it is misleading but I guess he said there isn't a way to change the title of the thread. I am not sure why its designed that way where you can't change the title. Some of these thread titles in this forum are soo long that they really need to be edited for simplicity such as the Bluebird, Serve and Tmobile title threads. No need to say "another amazon payments" or "BB competitor". I just wish it can just be called "Bluebird" , "Serve" ,"Tmobile prepaid".
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Paul, I don't have any problems with you and you have been helpful to me from time to time. I do think that you argue your point of view frequently. You're alright by me though.
Only after others argue their point of view. I don't like the disparagement of nameless others that goes on here -- no one has any more right to MS than any other person, and I believe in helping others with no preconditions.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by payeco
Thought about that immediately after the fact. I guess I was just kind of shocked by the fact that this was happening when I've never had a single issue at this store before. I know I'm out $1k in loads on that card now but I've got 2 BB and 4 Serve so it's not that big a deal. I'm hoping this was a one time experience because Giant has 3x gas points on VGCs coming up tomorrow and this is a quick easy way to unload a large amount of them.
Haha true. Very easy to get lost in what to do when you are stuck in the moment. Been there, done that.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:53 am

Stop worrying about shutdowns -- just take advantage while you can and move on to something else when you can't. Why be frustrated? You're ahead of the game.
I've had to remind myself of this lately. I like using BB. It's handy and works into my schedule. The AGC-OV has worked for me. I do what is comfortable, in my smaller town and the points/numbers are going up. But--I do get the feeling it is going to shift again. So it goes. Something else will pop up. I have no doubt of that.

As for other avenues---GW? (Too complicated). Square? (not interested.) insurance (fraud). Buxx? (Maybe).

Point is, for now it works. I'm good with that.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by mayday23
I only reload 1 bb per register, so after they finish the first $500, I say "lets do it again." I've found that by not mentioning i'm doing 2 transactions right off the bat that things go smoother.
I started doing two separate transactions. Today the cashier asked: "Again? Same card? You have a limit or something?" I just said yes, $500 per swipe. She "understood completely."
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:57 am

I haven't paid attention to who around here is a blogger. My very ignorant question is, is PaulMSN a blogger?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
I just did 2 BB reloads at the register and a MO at the MC using a GC. I just swiped it as normal and didn't have to change payment. I did notice on the MO cashier screen that it read "Changed from credit to debit." I assume the employee did that and don't know if that was ever there before.

This is an image of the machine. Is this one of hte old or new ones?

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mayday23; Jun 5, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:30 pm

wmbp

1) don't do split payments! 2) don't do BP (open a few CAccounts) load BB/Serve 1 at a time. never had problems doing this way. In and and out within 12 minutes after loading 12 OV to BB/Serve/GoBank And 2-3 MO. But I do go at 8:00AM Sat. I do have a life. On the way home I pick up some more OV/VGC at CVS and Stop and Shop for next Sat. And the workaround works fine on the old machines. off topic but http://walmart-people.com/Home

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.