Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
The new process isn't so inconvenient. Not sure why there is so much effort being made to get around it.
It doesn't hurt to explore all options. I just wish now that the OVs and Vanilla VGCs allow you to set a PIN before hand like the Metabank VGCs. The workaround is not so inconvenient but again you have to quick on the ball to press cancel. At checkout registers is not so obvious that you are pressing the Cancel button right away since the register blocks the cashiers view when you slide your card but at the MC the cashier can see you (if they wanted to) and be curious why you are doing it.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
I just wish now that the OVs and Vanilla VGCs allow you to set a PIN before hand like the Metabank VGCs.
Up above, someone said it does not help anyways for OV nor other Vanilla products.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by commdiver
On the old POS systems, does the cancel button only appear briefly? All I saw today was an on-screen button that said "Espanol".
On mine it stays for a second or 2, actually flashes once and then comes back on-- it is in the bottom right hand corner.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:23 pm

Yeah, the older B&W POS terminals are somewhat slow. But workable
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by JRV62
On mine it stays for a second or 2, actually flashes once and then comes back on-- it is in the bottom right hand corner.
Does yours say Espanol as well? I got the Cancel button at one store yesterday, but tonight at a different store the Espanol button appeared. Weird.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 8:50 pm

Now I'm wondering, too: Has anyone tried just signing the screen and attempting it as credit??
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
Now I'm wondering, too: Has anyone tried just signing the screen and attempting it as credit??
Signing wasn't an option when I did it. Plus, signing would make it a credit transaction, which MOs cannot be purchased as.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:46 pm

Theses posts are funny. Setting pin first, running as credit. Does anyone here have any idea how this stuff works? I have to give you all credit. You even had MM wasting his time on this.

Did anyone try standing on their right foot, swinging a chicken around their head with their left hand while swiping with their right hand?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by QL_714
Theses posts are funny. Setting pin first, running as credit. Does anyone here have any idea how this stuff works? I have to give you all credit. You even had MM wasting his time on this.

Did anyone try standing on their right foot, swinging a chicken around their head with their left hand while swiping with their right hand?
Swinging counter-clockwise doesn't work. Anyone tried swinging clockwise?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by silver4300
Swinging counter-clockwise doesn't work. Anyone tried swinging clockwise?
Did you stand on your right foot only?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
It doesn't hurt to explore all options. I just wish now that the OVs and Vanilla VGCs allow you to set a PIN before hand like the Metabank VGCs.

So are the Metabank VGCs running as normal where you don't have to do the work around?? I just acquired a handful of those and would like to know before hand if i have to be ready to do the work around.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:09 am

I just got back from WM. The workaround did not work at the checkout lane (old POS) but the workaround did work at the customer service desk (old POS).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ctbarron
Does yours say Espanol as well? I got the Cancel button at one store yesterday, but tonight at a different store the Espanol button appeared. Weird.
yeah, but not at all the stores.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Traveler287638
I just got back from WM. The workaround did not work at the checkout lane (old POS) but the workaround did work at the customer service desk (old POS).
Funny, I've had the opposite experience for BB loading. Works fine at checkout/cashier lanes, but didn't work at that store's CSR desk.

I'm finding it all depends on how long that dang 'Change Payment' stays visible and selectable. I found my lucky lane #13 has a nice long display time, and I was able to load $3k to my BBs in succession without issues (and a competent cashier!).
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by JRV62
Thank you.

Originally Posted by Chris92128
So are the Metabank VGCs running as normal where you don't have to do the work around?? I just acquired a handful of those and would like to know before hand if i have to be ready to do the work around.
Interested as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.