Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I think I know where to get MetaBank GCs, so I'm pleased to hear this.
giftcardmall....
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by kingrat
giftcardmall....
I've been wary about ordering GCs through the mail...
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:48 pm

Your concern?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
Using the old green terminal I had to hit cancel twice before ATM/debit function came up. You have to be fast! Took like 5 tries to get it right. Walmart CSR was actually helpful and nice. Even told hit I was using debit gift cards. Lol
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:51 pm

I went to 2 WM super centers today (customer service center inside the stores - no kiosks) and one clerk said that the visas must have your name on it and the other clerk said they had been instructed not to accept One Vanilla cards. It is getting harder and harder since the shut down of Vanilla Reloads.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler287638
I went to 2 WM super centers today (customer service center inside the stores - no kiosks) and one clerk said that the visas must have your name on it and the other clerk said they had been instructed not to accept One Vanilla cards. It is getting harder and harder since the shut down of Vanilla Reloads.
What WM do you guys have? ours all have money centers with 3.5' walls - they cant see what you are doing or care what card that you use..

My CVS was much stricter and stop going there..

that is why I bought the coin..
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:24 pm

I just loaded 4 BBs using OVs using the workaround. Tried to do a MO for $999.32, could not hit the cancel fast enough and was declined in 3 or 4 tries. Did two separate MOs and worked OK.

For split transactions, how fast do guys manage to hit the cancel button? So far, I tried more than 6 times and no luck.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:39 pm

Anyone know if the wiki work around works for the US Bank Mastercard GC's?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by Fuerza
Using the old green terminal I had to hit cancel twice before ATM/debit function came up. You have to be fast! Took like 5 tries to get it right.
I haven't had any problem. As previously mentioned, it seems to be up for at least two seconds for me.

The POS at my local store do seem especially sluggish. On top of the blink for the swipe screen, it takes a long time for the receipt to spit out.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Anyone know if the wiki work around works for the US Bank Mastercard GC's?
Try it out for yourself...
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:56 pm

Getting AGC from Barclay portal has been no trouble. But I admit, I watch the mail like a hawk.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
I just loaded 4 BBs using OVs using the workaround. Tried to do a MO for $999.32, could not hit the cancel fast enough and was declined in 3 or 4 tries. Did two separate MOs and worked OK.

For split transactions, how fast do guys manage to hit the cancel button? So far, I tried more than 6 times and no luck.
To load BB, I've just asked to do two separate transactions.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:18 pm

and one clerk said that the visas must have your name on it
just remember to avoid such clerks the next time
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:39 pm

The ones I went to today have no barriers or wall. They stand almost right next to you. Here in the DFW they are beginning to implement a no OV policy.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:57 pm

The ones I went to today have no barriers or wall. They stand almost right next to you. Here in the DFW they are beginning to implement a no OV policy.
Agh. That is not good.

Data Point on the workaround.

I wondered if the OV or VGC could be run as a CC and ran a test tonight. The answer is definitely "no." But I really paid attention to the process and I think I have an answer for those who have had trouble with the new color system.

I ran one OV with the workaround and it went just fine.

But-on the second card, I let it ride to signature: if you miss the "change payment" button on the screen the first time, it locks up the system completely. I did not see the message on my end but the cashier was confused because she kept getting a "unauthorized tender" message. We tried about 5 times to get back to the beginning and it would not go there, even when she tried to cancel the whole thing. On the extra attempts, I saw the change payment button appear but the software was locked to CC and that screen went by like lightening. If you blinked, you'd miss it. In other words, it was in a loop. Finally, the supervisor came over and had to override the entire transaction and cancel it with a a system override (her key). I just left them confused and said thanks, I'll be back tomorrow to add the funds.

For those who have had a lot of trouble getting the override to work (on the color screens), I think if you don't hit change tender as soon as it appears and you get the signature panel, you may be stuck. On the other hand, if you accidentally hit "cancel" instead of "change payment" (they appear on the same screen), no harm. You just need to start over but you aren't in that nasty loop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.