Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Apr 6, 15, 2:40 pm
  #1021  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: SF Bay area
Posts: 267
[/FONT]
Originally Posted by littlewinglet View Post
Anyway, there's always CVS. They never check name on ID against payment cards.
In my area, CVS *swipe* the DL for gift/prepaid card purchase of $500+. By that they get all your information - name addr age dob etc.
shel is offline  
Old Apr 7, 15, 1:33 pm
  #1022  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 4,355
Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap View Post
As I understand it, yes. Buying GCs is one of the few MS methods that has virtually no limit (as opposed to, say, RB with a $5k/mo limit). So even if you're only making 1%, you can make as much total profit as you want by increasing your volume enough. For example, the guy who buys $10k a day at SM is making $100 a day in profit. Every day. (Actually, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure the limit is $10k/day.)
This would require the guy to be using a higher than 1% credit card. Otherwise, he isn't profiting $100/day. You have to include gift card fees and "however you liquidate it" fees.
cdancer20 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 15, 3:40 pm
  #1023  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 158
Originally Posted by cdancer20 View Post
This would require the guy to be using a higher than 1% credit card. Otherwise, he isn't profiting $100/day. You have to include gift card fees and "however you liquidate it" fees.
I was assuming 1% in profits after fees. Since the fees come out to about 1%, this is very doable with a 2% card.
BeyondtheWrap is offline  
Old Apr 7, 15, 9:45 pm
  #1024  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SAN
Posts: 1,355
Just left Simon. Had a clerk (who I think I've seen before but don't know as well as others there) tell me they now require the form to be filled out for ALL gift card purchases of $500+. My mall had previously only required it for > $3000. She had all of the fields that needed to be filled pre-highlighted, and asked for my ID and filled the form in for me while she was waiting for each card to "process." She was very annoyed by the entire thing.
CFFrost is offline  
Old Apr 7, 15, 10:11 pm
  #1025  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 462
Originally Posted by CFFrost View Post
Just left Simon. Had a clerk (who I think I've seen before but don't know as well as others there) tell me they now require the form to be filled out for ALL gift card purchases of $500+. My mall had previously only required it for > $3000. She had all of the fields that needed to be filled pre-highlighted, and asked for my ID and filled the form in for me while she was waiting for each card to "process." She was very annoyed by the entire thing.
Location?
mastermind85 is offline  
Old Apr 7, 15, 10:30 pm
  #1026  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 15
I think the malls are hard coded not to accept AGC. I had a willing cashier tried, but was declined
superman9191 is offline  
Old Apr 9, 15, 4:26 pm
  #1027  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Posts: 423
Do all SM sell SMGC? I am trying to reduce my MS costs & drove to the closest SM, but couldn't find any GCs. It was the Lincolnwood Town Center mall just north of Chicago. Did I miss it? Thanks
ChicagoDave is offline  
Old Apr 9, 15, 5:38 pm
  #1028  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chicago Burbs
Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 227
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave View Post
Do all SM sell SMGC? I am trying to reduce my MS costs & drove to the closest SM, but couldn't find any GCs. It was the Lincolnwood Town Center mall just north of Chicago. Did I miss it? Thanks
Need to go to the mall service desk. There is definitely one in Woodfield, right in the middle. I'm sure Lincolnwood has one too.
AzLarry is offline  
Old Apr 9, 15, 6:40 pm
  #1029  
XP1
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 282
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave View Post
Do all SM sell SMGC? I am trying to reduce my MS costs & drove to the closest SM, but couldn't find any GCs. It was the Lincolnwood Town Center mall just north of Chicago. Did I miss it? Thanks
No. Some malls don't have a service desk.
XP1 is offline  
Old Apr 9, 15, 7:28 pm
  #1030  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 526
Check the website for the individual SM. They have a map of the mall indicating the location of all the stores, as well as the gift card kiosk.
Hbax is offline  
Old Apr 9, 15, 8:17 pm
  #1031  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ORD
Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Posts: 423
Originally Posted by Hbax View Post
Check the website for the individual SM. They have a map of the mall indicating the location of all the stores, as well as the gift card kiosk.
Thanks, I checked the map & didn't see a gift card kiosk on the map or the legend.

Originally Posted by AzLarry View Post
Need to go to the mall service desk. There is definitely one in Woodfield, right in the middle. I'm sure Lincolnwood has one too.
I verified Hbax's guidance and checked the map and Woodfield & there is a kiosk on the map & the legend.

Originally Posted by XP1 View Post
No. Some malls don't have a service desk.
Thanks everyone. Looks like I need to drive to Woodfield.
ChicagoDave is offline  
Old Apr 9, 15, 9:46 pm
  #1032  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Chicago Burbs
Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 227
Originally Posted by XP1 View Post
No. Some malls don't have a service desk.
My apologies for the misinformation. I once considered stopping at the Lincolnwood Town Center, glad I didn't. I've been to 6 different Simon Malls and each one had a service desk.
AzLarry is offline  
Old Apr 10, 15, 8:51 am
  #1033  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 4,355
Originally Posted by CFFrost View Post
Just left Simon. Had a clerk (who I think I've seen before but don't know as well as others there) tell me they now require the form to be filled out for ALL gift card purchases of $500+. My mall had previously only required it for > $3000. She had all of the fields that needed to be filled pre-highlighted, and asked for my ID and filled the form in for me while she was waiting for each card to "process." She was very annoyed by the entire thing.
I had to fill out the paperwork a couple of weeks ago for $1k.
cdancer20 is offline  
Old Apr 11, 15, 8:51 am
  #1034  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 246
I have to fill out a form everytime.......of course I am picking up $10k worth
kenme1 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 15, 8:56 am
  #1035  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ORD
Programs: AA-EXP, Alaska MVP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Posts: 848
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave View Post
Do all SM sell SMGC? I am trying to reduce my MS costs & drove to the closest SM, but couldn't find any GCs. It was the Lincolnwood Town Center mall just north of Chicago. Did I miss it? Thanks
Lincolnwood stopped selling gift cards over one year ago
smitty06 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: