Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:40 pm

[/FONT]
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Anyway, there's always CVS. They never check name on ID against payment cards.
In my area, CVS *swipe* the DL for gift/prepaid card purchase of $500+. By that they get all your information - name addr age dob etc.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap
As I understand it, yes. Buying GCs is one of the few MS methods that has virtually no limit (as opposed to, say, RB with a $5k/mo limit). So even if you're only making 1%, you can make as much total profit as you want by increasing your volume enough. For example, the guy who buys $10k a day at SM is making $100 a day in profit. Every day. (Actually, now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure the limit is $10k/day.)
This would require the guy to be using a higher than 1% credit card. Otherwise, he isn't profiting $100/day. You have to include gift card fees and "however you liquidate it" fees.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
This would require the guy to be using a higher than 1% credit card. Otherwise, he isn't profiting $100/day. You have to include gift card fees and "however you liquidate it" fees.
I was assuming 1% in profits after fees. Since the fees come out to about 1%, this is very doable with a 2% card.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:45 pm

Just left Simon. Had a clerk (who I think I've seen before but don't know as well as others there) tell me they now require the form to be filled out for ALL gift card purchases of $500+. My mall had previously only required it for > $3000. She had all of the fields that needed to be filled pre-highlighted, and asked for my ID and filled the form in for me while she was waiting for each card to "process." She was very annoyed by the entire thing.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Just left Simon. Had a clerk (who I think I've seen before but don't know as well as others there) tell me they now require the form to be filled out for ALL gift card purchases of $500+. My mall had previously only required it for > $3000. She had all of the fields that needed to be filled pre-highlighted, and asked for my ID and filled the form in for me while she was waiting for each card to "process." She was very annoyed by the entire thing.
Location?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:30 pm

I think the malls are hard coded not to accept AGC. I had a willing cashier tried, but was declined
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Do all SM sell SMGC? I am trying to reduce my MS costs & drove to the closest SM, but couldn't find any GCs. It was the Lincolnwood Town Center mall just north of Chicago. Did I miss it? Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ChicagoDave
Do all SM sell SMGC? I am trying to reduce my MS costs & drove to the closest SM, but couldn't find any GCs. It was the Lincolnwood Town Center mall just north of Chicago. Did I miss it? Thanks
Need to go to the mall service desk. There is definitely one in Woodfield, right in the middle. I'm sure Lincolnwood has one too.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:40 pm
XP1

No. Some malls don't have a service desk.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:28 pm

Check the website for the individual SM. They have a map of the mall indicating the location of all the stores, as well as the gift card kiosk.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Hbax
Check the website for the individual SM. They have a map of the mall indicating the location of all the stores, as well as the gift card kiosk.
Thanks, I checked the map & didn't see a gift card kiosk on the map or the legend.

Originally Posted by AzLarry
Need to go to the mall service desk. There is definitely one in Woodfield, right in the middle. I'm sure Lincolnwood has one too.
I verified Hbax's guidance and checked the map and Woodfield & there is a kiosk on the map & the legend.

Originally Posted by XP1
Thanks everyone. Looks like I need to drive to Woodfield.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by XP1
My apologies for the misinformation. I once considered stopping at the Lincolnwood Town Center, glad I didn't. I've been to 6 different Simon Malls and each one had a service desk.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CFFrost
I had to fill out the paperwork a couple of weeks ago for $1k.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have to fill out a form everytime.......of course I am picking up $10k worth
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Lincolnwood stopped selling gift cards over one year ago

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.