Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by sherryw61
Anyone having trouble loading Bluebird account with simon giftcard? I was able to do it three times then they started getting denied.
Next time, try a different register. I usually hit up a few registers when I'm loading $2,500 each on two BB cards.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:54 pm

Today I go to Nice Truffle Lady to pick up 2 cards to knock out a retention bonus. She confirms that I want "Only two?" and then proceeds to tell me about how "One of [her] customers" regularly buys 19 at a time "for the award flight things" and that she is "thinking about getting into the game".

This is why we can't have nice things.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Today I go to Nice Truffle Lady to pick up 2 cards to knock out a retention bonus. She confirms that I want "Only two?" and then proceeds to tell me about how "One of [her] customers" regularly buys 19 at a time "for the award flight things" and that she is "thinking about getting into the game".

This is why we can't have nice things.
It's no secret. That's why they've been shutting down business accounts. They closed mine in a month and the manager mentioned "points and miles", and she said I could still purchase up to $10k/day for personal.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by rtraveler
It's no secret. That's why they've been shutting down business accounts. They closed mine in a month and the manager mentioned "points and miles", and she said I could still purchase up to $10k/day for personal.
I know it's no secret. Simon is in on the game. Which is why it's all the more important, in my opinion, that people don't push the limit and test their comfort level. But of course people will, and this will go the way of everything before it.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:49 pm

I know it's no secret. Simon is in on the game. Which is why it's all the more important, in my opinion, that people don't push the limit and test their comfort level. But of course people will, and this will go the way of everything before it.
Even though they won't tolerate MS'ing on business accounts, so far they have tolerated it on personal accounts. Instead of banning me from purchasing GC's, they told me "you can't buy the $1k cards since that's for business accounts but you can buy the $500 GC's and up to $10k/day."
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even if people don't push it, it will go away eventually. People spend too much time worrying -- just go on to the next opportunity. Even if you only get to take advantage of one for a week, you're still ahead of the game. There's really no need to fret over future possible might-have-beens.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:33 pm

Even though they won't tolerate MS'ing on business accounts, so far they have tolerated it on personal accounts. Instead of banning me from purchasing GC's, they told me "you can't buy the $1k cards since that's for business accounts but you can buy the $500 GC's and up to $10k/day."
Hey, if that's what they're cool with, even if it ramps up and more people adopt, then fine by me. I'm just used to companies that are a little more skittish about these things.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Even if people don't push it, it will go away eventually. People spend too much time worrying -- just go on to the next opportunity. Even if you only get to take advantage of one for a week, you're still ahead of the game.
Maybe, maybe not. These companies are smart. The know what's going on from day 1. The deal dies when something gets past their comfort level. What metric that is, well it probably varies for company to company. But in theory at least if things stayed at some acceptable level then there would be a steady state. But we've never seen it happen, of course, because people push it on the user side.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Next time, try a different register. I usually hit up a few registers when I'm loading $2,500 each on two BB cards.
3 swipes max for me today. On the 4th, it prompted for a CSR to come over and approve me to do the last swipe. 4x$500 today.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
3 swipes max for me today. On the 4th, it prompted for a CSR to come over and approve me to do the last swipe. 4x$500 today.
were you loading at a kiosk?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
+1
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:23 pm

Yes.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Yes.
So you never bothered to read about how it works, huh?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...Maybe, maybe not. These companies are smart. The know what's going on from day 1. The deal dies when something gets past their comfort level. What metric that is, well it probably varies for company to company. But in theory at least if things stayed at some acceptable level then there would be a steady state. But we've never seen it happen, of course, because people push it on the user side.
There are other ways deals die besides vendors becoming uncomfortable -- nothing lasts forever. I also think you overestimate the attention level of the companies involved in this.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
So you never bothered to read about how it works, huh?
Yup, I read this and about 50 other threads and about 500 different travel blogs.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 8:53 pm
XP1

Yes.
Yup, I read this and about 50 other threads and about 500 different travel blogs.
"You can only load up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes."

"If you go over that limit, MCE will freeze, with the message 'Approval Needed', and a store manager will be notified (via their handset) to come fix the machine."

Source:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ys-broken.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.