Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
It's not really random, its whomoever owns that particular mall that sets the rules (Simon doesn't own all the malls they manage). Houston Galleria is a group of investors while Dallas Galleria is owned by UBS. That's why they don't allow $500 cards and/or have lower daily limits. Simon owned and managed are the ones usually with no additional restrictions.
Does galleria dallas and irving mall have any limitation to buy # of 500 GC. I plan to visit this week.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The ladies are lovely there and are very customer focused. You can call in advance and they will pull the number of cards that you want to buy and have them ready for you.
Good to know! I work across the street from the In-N-Out Burger there. I will try my luck at the outlet later this week.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
Does galleria dallas and irving mall have any limitation to buy # of 500 GC. I plan to visit this week.
Galleria is limited to $1k of $250 cards. Useless.

Irving mall keeps weird hours (no weekend, not sure during week so call before going) but can get 19 $500 cards.

Also look at Grapevine Mills by airport.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Galleria is limited to $1k of $250 cards. Useless.

Irving mall keeps weird hours (no weekend, not sure during week so call before going) but can get 19 $500 cards.

Also look at Grapevine Mills by airport.
Galleria Dallas is worthless as mentioned by AFAM-DFW. Irving and Grapevine have the regular simon limits. $500/card and $10k/max. Irving is only open 12-6 weekdays and 12-7 on saturday, closed SUN. I've had issues multiple times at Irving with the guy on weekends carrying less than 40 cards (and no other MSers earlier in the day). Grapevine is open regular mall hours.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:55 pm

Galleria Dallas is worthless as mentioned by AFAM-DFW. Irving and Grapevine have the regular simon limits. $500/card and $10k/max. Irving is only open 12-6 weekdays and 12-7 on saturday, closed SUN. I've had issues multiple times at Irving with the guy on weekends carrying less than 40 cards (and no other MSers earlier in the day). Grapevine is open regular mall hours.

Thanks for the info guys. Then ill visit grapevine in the weekends. Need to complete MS on my SW cards
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
That is because he is not your friend
Both, him and her are amazing and tell me how people go in trying to buy 19 cards and paying in weird forms with multiple CC. And yes, he runs out of cards quickly, specially on weekends when you guys go buy like there is no tomorrow.

Also, they will not be Simon Mall anymore, as they will stop managing that property, so you won t be able to buy your 19 cards there anymore in 2016.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by carlitos
That is because he is not your friend
Both, him and her are amazing and tell me how people go in trying to buy 19 cards and paying in weird forms with multiple CC. And yes, he runs out of cards quickly, specially on weekends when you guys go buy like there is no tomorrow.

Also, they will not be Simon Mall anymore, as they will stop managing that property, so you won t be able to buy your 19 cards there anymore in 2016.
Thanks for heads up the Irving mall is changing. We aren't the multiple CC crowd. We go big and all on one card.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:57 am

Thanks for the info guys. Then ill visit grapevine in the weekends. Need to complete MS on my SW cards
Also note Grapevine built a new service desk near the Saks 5th Avenue Outlet. The maps weren't updated as of two weeks ago.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
What's wrong with using multiple cards? I do it all the time. Some of my CLs are over $10k and other times the available CL left on my cards is less than $10k. The cashiers I deal with never seem to have a problem with it.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 11:39 am

thanks guys for the lot of input. Ill visit grapevine . Plz dont empty out the cards.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:10 pm

I feel like there's nothing wrong with multiple cards, as long as it's not more than 2 haha 3 and up is just like a 4 way split at WM. It's weird!
Old Dec 4, 2015, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received a call today from my Simon Mall informing me that because they're having problems with the chip reader part of their new terminals, they won't be accepting chip cards for purchases above $3000 until next Wednesday when they expect to have the problem fixed. Since I believe all my cards are now chip cards, I guess I will have to hold off for a while. Nice of them to call, though.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I received a call today from my Simon Mall informing me that because they're having problems with the chip reader part of their new terminals, they won't be accepting chip cards for purchases above $3000 until next Wednesday when they expect to have the problem fixed. Since I believe all my cards are now chip cards, I guess I will have to hold off for a while. Nice of them to call, though.
You can use chip cards through an electronic wallet. You might double check and your clerks may not know if no one has done it. When I first did it they said it doesn't work :-).

WG has $5 WG GC for every 2 Vanilla purchase.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 7:13 pm

Good luck finding one in my area that lets you purchase over 500
Old Dec 5, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Anyone else have trouble at a Simon today? I bought some GC's they all got rejected so I called and they had never been activated. I went back and was told Simon was having an IT problem today and the GC's never got loaded .

Was this local to SD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.