Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I posted about this above, they wouldn't let me use my Biz SPG, not because it was a Biz card but "because my name was printed twice". It was printed twice because I got it as a sole prop.

The limit at Simons is seemingly random and based on the mall. Galleria has been 3k for quite a while.
I posted a while back about this. Two managers from two SMs near me told me that they would not accept cards with two names on it because of fraud concerns, which they refused to explain further.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by mbfanos
I posted a while back about this. Two managers from two SMs near me told me that they would not accept cards with two names on it because of fraud concerns, which they refused to explain further.
no kidding, weird!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:10 pm

Razor knife time?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:56 pm

I recently received email asking me to choose bonus category on my US Cash+ card for 2016 Q1.
I am interested to know if Simon GC purchase post as Department store category on your US Bank CC?
It can dramatically reduce my GC cost on US Cash+ card.

Last edited by anagoree; Nov 27, 2015 at 2:06 pm
Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by anagoree
I recently received email asking me to choose bonus category on my US Cash+ card for 2016 Q1.
I am interested to know if Simon GC purchase post as Department store category on your US Bank CC?
It can dramatically reduce my GC cost on US Cash+ card.
read just a couple pages and you will be rewarded. Asked and answered many many times in this thread...you could also use search feature
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'll be visiting Carlsbad, CA for a relaxing week. I was looking up things to do that might be fun for us and one of the TripAdvisor listings under attractions is the Carlsbad Premium Outlets. And when I look into what's there, this appears to be a Simon Mall.

So I'm wondering...

A question to anyone who is local to Carlsbad: is this a place where I can restock on VGCs if I need to and have some free time? Where is the Guest Services desk? (A search of this thread turned up nothing.)

Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I'll be visiting Carlsbad, CA for a relaxing week. I was looking up things to do that might be fun for us and one of the TripAdvisor listings under attractions is the Carlsbad Premium Outlets. And when I look into what's there, this appears to be a Simon Mall.

So I'm wondering...

A question to anyone who is local to Carlsbad: is this a place where I can restock on VGCs if I need to and have some free time? Where is the Guest Services desk? (A search of this thread turned up nothing.)

Thanks.
Let me google that for you...
Appears that gift card services are available in the management office, which looks to be located right behind GAP. There - that wasn't so hard, was it? Who would have thought to search the mall site for info, instead of searching this thread?
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/mall/carlsbad/map
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Gimpyknee
Appears that gift card services are available in the management office, which looks to be located right behind GAP. There - that wasn't so hard, was it? Who would have thought to search the mall site for info, instead of searching this thread?
Lol. You can visit the next Simon mall south, it's my go to place
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
The limit at Simons is seemingly random and based on the mall. Galleria has been 3k for quite a while.
It's not really random, its whomoever owns that particular mall that sets the rules (Simon doesn't own all the malls they manage). Houston Galleria is a group of investors while Dallas Galleria is owned by UBS. That's why they don't allow $500 cards and/or have lower daily limits. Simon owned and managed are the ones usually with no additional restrictions.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Gimpyknee
Now, now, now. It's Christmas season, and sarcasm doesn't become you. Time to play nice.

I was browsing the Simon website, but if there was a link to the map I confess that I missed it. My apologies.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:51 pm

Now, now, now. It's Christmas season, and sarcasm doesn't become you. Time to play nice.

I was browsing the Simon website, but if there was a link to the map I confess that I missed it. My apologies.
Merry Christmas. I admit that I had to actually google "carlsbad premium outlets" to find the link. Next time you fly through ORF, I'll buy you a coffee or take you to our Simon Mall.... It's 40 miles from the airport. However, they are building a new outlet mall right outside the airport - and it will be a Simon property. I'm looking forward to it, it will only be about 8 miles from my house.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by danhouston
no kidding, weird!
Not only that, you gotta sign on the form just like your signature on your driver license
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry

That's why its best to call the Customer Service office, you can ask where it is (sometimes they move), and more importantly if they'll have the quantity of cards you want, and your estimated arrival time.

Merry Christmas
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

A question to anyone who is local to Carlsbad: is this a place where I can restock on VGCs if I need to and have some free time?
The ladies are lovely there and are very customer focused. You can call in advance and they will pull the number of cards that you want to buy and have them ready for you.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:06 pm

Not only that, you gotta sign on the form just like your signature on your driver license
And the backs of all your cards have to be exactly the same signature too, eh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.