Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:34 am
Suspended

Last edited by craz; Sep 12, 2015 at 9:22 pm
Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by craz
Problem with gas places is at least when ever Iw a sable to get anything maybe 1 @ $500 anything more then that they werent willing to do. Supermkts have max as well but usually getting $3k isnt a problem = alot less running around and using time & gas for the same results

But Im not suggesting anyone use a Surpass, I do suggest each person decide what they want or need and then to proceed from there. So 380k may get me 5 nights @ The Grand Wailea on Maui but Diamond benefits are next to nothing and would take $64k in Spend when maybe another hotel with a differnt chain may require alot less spend for the same 5 nights, OK it wont be the GW but benefits wise it may be better

This is why I answered the other poster that what works for me may not for them and vice versa and to crunch the #s and then decide. a person may not care about any benefits and just want the GW no matter what, while someone else will say w/o a chance of a good UP and no free breakfast and no lounge , Im not interested no matter how nice the place is. So for 1 $64 k for 5 free nights at The GW is a great deal, while for the other its far from being a decent deal

Same with free tkts, 1 wants only Biz or 1st and non-stop another would grab Y and a 2 or 3 stopper works if its free
And this has to do with Simon Mall? To much side chatter the last few pages, IMO.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mhdena
And this has to do with Simon Mall? To much side chatter the last few pages, IMO.
so just put the handles you dont want to read on your ignore list and bingo problem solved, you wont see anything from those folks
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
If you would stay on topic instead of warring with other posters...

That wouldn't be necessary.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mhdena
If you would stay on topic instead of warring with other posters...

That wouldn't be necessary.
your so called warring was over days ago, and which CC and why to use where is on topic, eg why folks post asking which is the best CC to use for 1Xing , so too would be if theres a better option for any particular CC. eg HH Surpass better to use elsewhere for a cheaper cost per pt then if used at a S even thou the other GCs cost more for the fee since its a bonus cat you end up saving some $ since you earn more pts per $ then you would then getting SGCs

Im sure there are other CCs that follow suit as well, then for the new folks they get to see why crunching the #s is so important and dont get fixed well it costs $2 more for the same amount loaded, because when the #s are crunched S isnt the best deal, although you cant buy the same volume amount if theres enough of a savings for some it may pay not to S a Surpass

But as I said simply put me on your Ignore list and you wont have to worry about what I say and to whom.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

your so called...
You do post rather verbosely. If you would just rein yourself in a bit, no one would have to put you on ignore.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:45 pm

Is there a limit on how many credit cards we can use to split payment for Macerich gift cards? I have several Staples $20 VGC I want to get rid of.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Is there a limit on how many credit cards we can use to split payment for Macerich gift cards? I have several Staples $20 VGC I want to get rid of.
I have done as many as 6, but none involved a VGC.

Last edited by donuteric; Sep 12, 2015 at 11:34 am Reason: Remove unnecessary information.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Use those at CVS like I do. You can do up to 7 splits.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:12 am
Suspended

your so called warring was over days ago, and which CC and why to use where is on topic, eg why folks post asking which is the best CC to use for 1Xing , so too would be if theres a better option for any particular CC. eg HH Surpass better to use elsewhere for a cheaper cost per pt then if used at a S even thou the other GCs cost more for the fee since its a bonus cat you end up saving some $ since you earn more pts per $ then you would then getting SGCs

Im sure there are other CCs that follow suit as well, then for the new folks they get to see why crunching the #s is so important and dont get fixed well it costs $2 more for the same amount loaded, because when the #s are crunched S isnt the best deal, although you cant buy the same volume amount if theres enough of a savings for some it may pay not to S a Surpass

But as I said simply put me on your Ignore list and you wont have to worry about what I say and to whom.
You're clearly not into that whole brevity thing.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Use those at CVS like I do. You can do up to 7 splits.
Yeah that's my backup. But I get 5% from OBC at CVS. I only get 1x (or 2%) with all my cards at malls.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
You're clearly not into that whole brevity thing.
I had to unsubscribe from this thread months ago, even though the subject is of interest to me. But some folks have so flooded this thread with off-subject content, I just can't find the relevant bits anymore.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
What is a Macerich card ? also OBC at CVS.

Thank you.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
What is a Macerich card ? also OBC at CVS.

Thank you.
1) Another mall like Simon.

2) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ue-2015-a.html
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA flyer, Hilton, SPG, Hyatt stayer
Thank you all for your info on here (and yes, I skipped the off topic stuff too).
I will be dipping myself into 5x$500 today to meet the minimum spend on my Amex SPG.

I've dipped my toes into the Amex for Target twice now and found a bank near me with a $1.50 withdrawl fee.

Is Black Friday as crazy in the gift card world as it is in the merchandise world? I'm thinking we can MS like crazy on BF without putting up any red flags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.