Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Interesting. Did she say your name on the phone? I called in advance for my Saturday pick-up so I don't know what the rep did before I got there. I'm interested to see if they are then keying in our form information now into the computer (or at least some information). Sounds like Simon is beefing up its anti-ML documentation program per FinCen.
Nope. No name. What I heard was "I'd like to get authorization to sell a large sum of gift cards...5 thousand...yes, I gave him the form...Visa...OK, Thank you." The ID verification came after the call and she only compared it to the form. I didn't see them key in anything, but I did ask if they could re-use a form I filled out the day before and she said no because they have to turn them into the office at the end of the day.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DVDBob
Nope. No name. What I heard was "I'd like to get authorization to sell a large sum of gift cards...5 thousand...yes, I gave him the form...Visa...OK, Thank you." The ID verification came after the call and she only compared it to the form. I didn't see them key in anything, but I did ask if they could re-use a form I filled out the day before and she said no because they have to turn them into the office at the end of the day.
If it's like my store, they are just calling the manager to get approval. They have told me that that's who they are calling. And they always inform the manager that I am on the frequent buyers list. I am also lucky though that my store keeps a pre-filled out form on file for all of their frequent buyers. My pertinent info is typed in and I only have to sign, date, and they usually input the amounts.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:17 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cdancer20
If it's like my store, they are just calling the manager to get approval. They have told me that that's who they are calling. And they always inform the manager that I am on the frequent buyers list. I am also lucky though that my store keeps a pre-filled out form on file for all of their frequent buyers. My pertinent info is typed in and I only have to sign, date, and they usually input the amounts.
The CS in my SM conveyed the same message to me. She calls the site manager and thinks they are acting funny. I will hit my main target this Friday or Saturday. My SM hand writes my info so it's pretty seamless when I get there.

For the person who said to track CC. The purchase of the sale is in the register and recorded. Also, the receipt prints all card numbers so it wouldn't be difficult to track everything.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macrophage
At one of my Simon malls, I still haven't convinced any of the reps to not put the cards into the sleeves. I was glad to take the sleeves and the cards separately, but they insisted that they put them in themselves and write the date and amount on each one. WHY?! I'm just trying to help, guys! You all know I take them right out at the bench right after.
Yeah, one very flustered guy last year insisted to do that. Luckily he left the position in less than 3 months. We have a new girl since last week. She asked if we wanted the sleeves. We quickly shook our head, Oh, No. Dont waste that. This week being the second time we saw her, she no longer asked if we needed the sleeves. Quick learner.

The oldtimers dont look at the cards against the receipts - the new girl apparently is told to do so. I really dont understand this procedure - the payment cards are swiped, authorized and payment approved - naturally the last 4 number would be on the receipt - why the management wants the clerk to verify the credit card last 4 against the receipt?!
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Happy
Yeah, one very flustered guy last year insisted to do that. Luckily he left the position in less than 3 months. We have a new girl since last week. She asked if we wanted the sleeves. We quickly shook our head, Oh, No. Dont waste that. This week being the second time we saw her, she no longer asked if we needed the sleeves. Quick learner.

The oldtimers dont look at the cards against the receipts - the new girl apparently is told to do so. I really dont understand this procedure - the payment cards are swiped, authorized and payment approved - naturally the last 4 number would be on the receipt - why the management wants the clerk to verify the credit card last 4 against the receipt?!
Very easy. To avoid a lot of people that "scam" credit cards. They want to make sure that the card number matches the actual data on the card strip. (Someone at Office Depot/Max told me this several months ago.) I've had this happen at Walgreens recently too.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very easy. To avoid a lot of people that "scam" credit cards. They want to make sure that the card number matches the actual data on the card strip. (Someone at Office Depot/Max told me this several months ago.) I've had this happen at Walgreens recently too.
Oh, I have not thought about that. It makes sense now. The mag strip would be a stolen card's info that obviously does not match the card number printed on the card.

No wonder the new girl is told to check. Oldtimers dont do that because we are "known" entity to them. Even the new girl today when she found out she had only one form left, she called the office, "The xxxxxxx family is here but I have only one consumer form left." One of the oldtimers brought over a few forms 10 minutes later. We are known by our last name but a fresh form is needed each time.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:33 am

What happens when your card is declined? And you don't have enough other cards to pay for the transaction?

My rep told me it was a hassle voiding it all out. The FIA card doesn't seem to allow pre-approvals for purchases, so it's always a gamble. First decline yesterday. Probably because with a mix of high dollar purchases on AGC. I felt so bad... and it messed up my RB load schedule to meet the end of month!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:27 am

What happens when your card is declined? And you don't have enough other cards to pay for the transaction?

My rep told me it was a hassle voiding it all out. The FIA card doesn't seem to allow pre-approvals for purchases, so it's always a gamble. First decline yesterday. Probably because with a mix of high dollar purchases on AGC. I felt so bad... and it messed up my RB load schedule to meet the end of month!
I've had nice enough people that will wait while I call the bank.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:28 am

I've had nice enough people that will wait while I call the bank.
I'm saying FIA doesn't allow preauths. Unless I should HUCA?
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Oh, I have not thought about that. It makes sense now. The mag strip would be a stolen card's info that obviously does not match the card number printed on the card.

No wonder the new girl is told to check. Oldtimers dont do that because we are "known" entity to them. Even the new girl today when she found out she had only one form left, she called the office, "The xxxxxxx family is here but I have only one consumer form left." One of the oldtimers brought over a few forms 10 minutes later. We are known by our last name but a fresh form is needed each time.
Yep. This actually happened to me just this morning at Walgreens. (The same I mentioned before.) The older woman wrote down the last 4 on a piece and paper (and mentioned that she had bad memory). Then after I swiped, she verified the numbers. She was training a new person and they asked why that was done. I quickly said to verify that it matches the information on the strip. The older woman started explaining stolen card info more in depth and I walked out the door.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:29 am

I'm saying FIA doesn't allow preauths. Unless I should HUCA?
I don't have FIA so I don't know their exact procedures. But I mean that I call the bank AFTER it's declined and verify that it's not fraud. Then I have the agent sit on the phone while I reswipe the credit card.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:32 am

I don't have FIA so I don't know their exact procedures. But I mean that I call the bank AFTER it's declined and verify that it's not fraud. Then I have the agent sit on the phone while I reswipe the credit card.
Simon will only allow one swipe per card per day. Declined or not.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:33 am

Simon will only allow one swipe per card per day. Declined or not.
Hence why I said I have nice people that will wait while I call. However, it's always good to carry a backup credit card while you are out. I actually had an order decline b/c they had sent me a replacement card and I hadn't switched over yet. I had to do all those cards on a different credit card.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:35 am

Hence why I said I have nice people that will wait while I call.
This is a bad loop of not answering my question...

I want to know if the process of voiding the cards is a long, tedious process.

I want to know this BECAUSE I got declined, and there is no way of preventing it. Calling will not help in my situation.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:36 am

This is a bad loop of not answering my question...

I want to know if the process of voiding the cards is a long, tedious process.

I want to know this BECAUSE I got declined, and there is no way of preventing it. Calling will not help in my situation.
I edited my post above. Reread it. However, I wasn't answering your question. I was just stating that I have nice people that will allow me to reattempt the order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.