Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyCash
I don't think you are quoting accurately. he had already made 4 debit payments and thought, based on frequent miler that he could use reloadits. But once you have made 4 the account is locked. If you have made less than 4 debit charges, you can continue paying that payee, as long as you use cash or reloadits. I have successfully done this.

so for next month, if you have 2 RITs and 4 debits, it's best to use the 2 RITS first to pay your mortgage and then use the 4 debits so that you're not locked out after the 4 debits? will have to keep that in mind if I can find RITs with cc.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I stopped getting texts too.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
I stopped getting texts too.
Paid a bill this morning. Got a text.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:06 pm

Just logged in and saw my profile changed to email only, switched it back to sms-email.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 1:55 pm

My setting is email and text both. never change it. just verified and it is remain like that.
I paid the bill around 1pm EDT.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:06 pm

Do you guys really need to get a notification that you just paid a bill (5 seconds after you just paid a bill!) Come on.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cbass98
so for next month, if you have 2 RITs and 4 debits, it's best to use the 2 RITS first to pay your mortgage and then use the 4 debits so that you're not locked out after the 4 debits? will have to keep that in mind if I can find RITs with cc.
Not sure that this has been tested. It could be max of 4 if any are from a debit card.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Not sure that this has been tested. It could be max of 4 if any are from a debit card.
I read it as "max of four payments to any biller" irrespective of funding source.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
You pay your mortgage and then your left with a credit card bill equal to the mortgage. Bluebird already allows you to pay cc. It's pointless. Plus people have ended up with problems from trying to pay mortgage using other services, checks going to wrong payee account, checks not cashed properly (rent), etc
Completely confused as to why you keep cutting down paying mortgage. I pay mortgage with gc's that earned 5x and I also max out 3 BlueBirds with other gift cards loaded at WM kiosk. Paying mortgage with Evolve is not pointless at all.....
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
So you know the max is four payments a month, you do four payments, and now you get an email confirming it. I don't seem the problem.
I think the issue is just the way the email sounds. If it said "Thank you for making 4 payments. You have no reached your 4 payment maximum for this biller. Please wait until July 1 to make additional payments", then people would be less worried about being SHUTDOWN or BLOCKED. Just bad use of words.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Completely confused as to why you keep cutting down paying mortgage. I pay mortgage with gc's that earned 5x and I also max out 3 BlueBirds with other gift cards loaded at WM kiosk. Paying mortgage with Evolve is not pointless at all.....
I believe that the OP is saying that using Bluebird to pay mortgage is pointless since you still have the CC bill. I personally think that you should use Evolve to pay as much mortgage as you are allowed and then Bluebird for credit card (and maybe a mix of mortgage). The difference is that your mortgage may be due immediately and your credit card later in the month. Why not use the funds that you already have in Bluebird to pay your mortgage?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
What a PITA process for them to add a biller.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
What a PITA process for them to add a biller.

A lot of things seemed to have changed with Evolve lately. When they first came out I got a biller added very easily.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:47 pm

Because people started adding themselves at as "Billers"
Old Jun 23, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I believe that the OP is saying that using Bluebird to pay mortgage is pointless since you still have the CC bill. I personally think that you should use Evolve to pay as much mortgage as you are allowed and then Bluebird for credit card (and maybe a mix of mortgage). The difference is that your mortgage may be due immediately and your credit card later in the month. Why not use the funds that you already have in Bluebird to pay your mortgage?
Ah, this makes more sense. I have always just done a withdrawal of $ from Bluebird directly to my bank every month with no problem. I don't even bother paying off credit cards and just let my auto-pays handle it all. I use Evolve for all of our bills, but our mortgage with BoA doesn't work for an actual "payment" unless i use a ReloadIt, and same with a Chase Auto Loan. We pay down these loans with tons of extra payments with gift cards with no problem though. I need to refill on ReloadIts soon now that my mortgage biller has been unlocked thankfully!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.