Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:11 pm

My experience is the same, 1 month ago requested and still nothing. Called and was told it really depends on how fast the biller responds. More and more people are using online bill pay (both e-checks and having their bank send physical checks) so the townships are slowly getting used to it.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Then they're getting better. I asked for one about 3 months ago, even providing them with all the relevant biller info when they asked for it, and they still never got it done.

Would have been paying both mortgages with Evolve had they been more responsive.
Same here. I asked them to add my property tax biller a couple months ago and it is still not added.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Grr, So I hadn't kept up with this thread since I've been out of the country for a few weeks, and thought that the only change was the 4x's per month, but I had both an auto loan and mortgage blocked because I paid from two different evolve accounts (didn't pay more than 4x's though). Did $1k worth of bills with mine, and $1k worth with wife's, but both accounts shared her auto and our mortgage. They sent email about blocking both, but I got one on the auto and wife got email on mortgage, which she didn't share with me until last night. I managed to get auto loan unblocked July 1 via email, but they are refusing to unblock the mortgage today in the same manner even though I explained that it was the same situation and day that they blocked both to begin with. Awesome.... any recommendations? Not a fan of people who institute rules inconsistently and make unannounced policy changes that result in automatic cancellation. WHY won't they just make a programming change to not allow adding the same biller account to multiple evolve accounts if they are just going to block the biller account for doing that. Makes no sense.....
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Grr, So I hadn't kept up with this thread since I've been out of the country for a few weeks, and thought that the only change was the 4x's per month, but I had both an auto loan and mortgage blocked because I paid from two different evolve accounts (didn't pay more than 4x's though). Did $1k worth of bills with mine, and $1k worth with wife's, but both accounts shared her auto and our mortgage. They sent email about blocking both, but I got one on the auto and wife got email on mortgage, which she didn't share with me until last night. I managed to get auto loan unblocked July 1 via email, but they are refusing to unblock the mortgage today in the same manner even though I explained that it was the same situation and day that they blocked both to begin with. Awesome.... any recommendations? Not a fan of people who institute rules inconsistently and make unannounced policy changes that result in automatic cancellation. WHY won't they just make a programming change to not allow adding the same biller account to multiple evolve accounts if they are just going to block the biller account for doing that. Makes no sense.....
If you hadn't tried to get around their rules to begin with you wouldn't have this problem. The rule is $1K per day. There are several data points that illustrate paying the same bill from multiple accounts can get that biller shutdown.

However, they are inconsistent...
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:16 am

[deleted because ibleedorange said what I was saying, first!]
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
If you hadn't tried to get around their rules to begin with you wouldn't have this problem. The rule is $1K per day. There are several data points that illustrate paying the same bill from multiple accounts can get that biller shutdown.

However, they are inconsistent...
Where is that rule written besides on FM blog? I see no rules on their website. Why does their website allow this and then they have to reactively close an account and waste everyone's time starting up a dialog with the customer.

Last I read about paying with multiple evolve accounts was that it was working fine and the only way to pay a bill that is over $1k. Guess I have to keep up on my reading more. Still going to keep trying to get them to unblock it. Maybe I can get my bank to change my loan number or it's a good time to refinance .
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Where is that rule written besides on FM blog? I see no rules on their website. Why does their website allow this and then they have to reactively close an account and waste everyone's time starting up a dialog with the customer.

Last I read about paying with multiple evolve accounts was that it was working fine and the only way to pay a bill that is over $1k. Guess I have to keep up on my reading more. Still going to keep trying to get them to unblock it. Maybe I can get my bank to change my loan number or it's a good time to refinance .
Actually their rule does say only $1k/day. I read it while looking to see if they say you can't do back to back payments for the same amount. I don't remember if it's in the T&C or FAQs but I definitely remember seeing it.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Actually their rule does say only $1k/day. I read it while looking to see if they say you can't do back to back payments for the same amount. I don't remember if it's in the T&C or FAQs but I definitely remember seeing it.
Yes, it does say $1k/day, but there are no terms/rules saying anything about paying the same biller account from two different evolve accounts. In this case I did NOT pay more than 4x's and I also only paid $800. The only "rule" I broke was paying the same biller account from two different evolve accounts, which I've been doing for months with no problem or warning.

Again, as a programmer, I have NO idea why they are setting up automated emails and biller account closures instead of just changing the site to block adding the same biller account to two different evolve accounts if that is not allowed. Very backwards and waste of everyone's time. Rules need to either be clearly defined on their site or they need to program the rules into the system, period. Closing accounts and having to manually work with customer support and get inconsistent results is crazy.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:52 am

Like I said they are inconsistent. But it has been documented that people have been shut down for paying from multiple accounts. Evolve specifically notes that they don't want you paying from multiple accounts to get around the 1K/day rule. It may or may not be an unwritten rule but there are older data points further out than a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Like I said they are inconsistent. But it has been documented that people have been shut down for paying from multiple accounts. Evolve specifically notes that they don't want you paying from multiple accounts to get around the 1K/day rule. It may or may not be an unwritten rule but there are older data points further out than a few weeks ago.
Ok, thanks. I emailed them a last time asking for a reconsideration on the closure. Gotta love how this stuff constantly changes!
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Again, as a programmer, I have NO idea why they are setting up automated emails and biller account closures instead of just changing the site to block adding the same biller account to two different evolve accounts if that is not allowed. Very backwards and waste of everyone's time. Rules need to either be clearly defined on their site or they need to program the rules into the system, period. Closing accounts and having to manually work with customer support and get inconsistent results is crazy.
I agree with you on this this. It's quite retroactive. If you have the ability to note when two accts are paid after the fact, then you should be able to use similar algorithms to gather this information in real-time.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:37 am

they do not make any money and likely lose money with each transaction. they are just collecting a user base and are culling out the abusers who pose compliance risks
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond
Remember, its a free service. It is extremely convenient and it has made life so much easier for many of us.

Since it is their ball, I am happy just to be playing and don't complain when they change the rules.

Huffing and puffing about how inconsistent their rules are is kind of useless since I don't think you are going to take your business elsewhere. Ask nicely and see what happens.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would say they are consistently inconsistent.

In a way, it's brilliant. They're a moving target, so we can only guess at how to comply with their rules. And they're in a seller's market.

Now, should there be any competition to these guys, then they'll have to try to earn our business. But, for now, we're captives.

I think we're all hoping for some competition.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:41 am

Yeah, agree with you both. Happy to have the ability to pay others still, but had plans (if Evolve sticks around for the long term) to pay off mortgage with Evolve. Now I have to hope BlueBird sticks around and can at least pay the mortgage that way still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.