Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
So I have two accounts with the biller, and I pay both with EM, and I've paid neither more than four times this month.

Any way to figure out which is mistakenly capped without angering the gods?
Billers are suspended and/or blocked system wide. Doesn't matter what Evolve account you paid from. That biller with that account number is blocked systemwide. Your only hope is to call and try to get a new account number with whoever that biller is.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by payeco
Billers are suspended and/or blocked system wide. Doesn't matter what Evolve account you paid from. That biller with that account number is blocked systemwide. Your only hope is to call and try to get a new account number with whoever that biller is.
Not two Evolve accounts, two biller accounts.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
I can't remember where I read it (maybe FM), but Evolve claimed that you could make more than 4 payments/month, as long as you used "cash" (i.e. reloadits) for anything beyond 4. Well, I just tried exactly that -- used a reloadit to a payee that I had already made 4 payments to -- and I got an error saying that I was over the monthly limit.
Yea I believe that was on that FM link. I wonder if this was an oversight either in the system upgrade OR the person that talked to FM spoke incorrectly/prematurely.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:52 am

I just checked my evolve account and all my payments that were made on Saturday morning show as delivered, whereas all my payments made on Friday night are showing as still pending. Is this normal, this is the first Friday/Saturday payments I have ever made to my mortgage? Used to do multiple accounts but I am scared of shutdown.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by mjcohen82182
I just checked my evolve account and all my payments that were made on Saturday morning show as delivered, whereas all my payments made on Friday night are showing as still pending. Is this normal, this is the first Friday/Saturday payments I have ever made to my mortgage? Used to do multiple accounts but I am scared of shutdown.
This happened to me a few weeks ago. I think my Sunday payment showed as pending, but in the end my Fri, Sat, Sun payments all posted the same day as a single mortgage payment.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:10 am

I can't remember where I read it (maybe FM), but Evolve claimed that you could make more than 4 payments/month, as long as you used "cash" (i.e. reloadits) for anything beyond 4. Well, I just tried exactly that -- used a reloadit to a payee that I had already made 4 payments to -- and I got an error saying that I was over the monthly limit.
Were ALL your payments with Reloadits, or just the 5th one?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Tuppins
Just the fifth.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Tuppins
Just the fifth.
My understanding was that you had to use reloadit for all payments so you were probably locked out as soon as you hit payment 4 with debit card.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:38 pm

I got a message on my Evolve account for Total Rewards Visa saying "paymenst for this biller can no longer be accepted"

I thought it was because I had made 4 payments this month but it seems they actually removed them altogether.

Just wanted to confirm that it has been removed as a biller or is it just on my account since I made 4 payments.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I don't see them in my list (I never paid them before but saw it listed)
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
My understanding was that you had to use reloadit for all payments so you were probably locked out as soon as you hit payment 4 with debit card.
That might be right. I thought evolve classified reloadits as cash so it made more sense to me that Reloadits were in addition to the four debits but I guess I may have been wrong. Like a previous poster the reloadit has been banked to my evolve account as a credit (didn't know that was possible) so I will try again intermittently this month to see if evolve allows it to go through as a fifth payment.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:29 am

That might be right. I thought evolve classified reloadits as cash so it made more sense to me that Reloadits were in addition to the four debits but I guess I may have been wrong. Like a previous poster the reloadit has been banked to my evolve account as a credit (didn't know that was possible) so I will try again intermittently this month to see if evolve allows it to go through as a fifth payment.
It could also be that you hit your 4 payment limit and they locked that account for the month. Thus, no more payments can go through period, no matter the payment method. In the future, maybe try using the RLits first.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: SW A-List and HH Diamond
FYI - I requested a new bill be added, and Evolve added it within 24 hours. I was very pleasantly surprised with their service.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cks30
FYI - I requested a new bill be added, and Evolve added it within 24 hours. I was very pleasantly surprised with their service.
Then they're getting better. I asked for one about 3 months ago, even providing them with all the relevant biller info when they asked for it, and they still never got it done.

Would have been paying both mortgages with Evolve had they been more responsive.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Then they're getting better. I asked for one about 3 months ago, even providing them with all the relevant biller info when they asked for it, and they still never got it done.
I would assume that adding a biller is a two way street - the biller has to agree to accept payments from Evolve, as well as Evolve being willing to add it to their list. I'm assuming that, in some cases (Penfed comes to mind) the biller was unwilling to accept payments from Evolve.

I could be wrong though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.