Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by buhuffer
just want to confirm, is there a limit of 4 times payment to one bill per month? for example I have paid my wells fargo loan 4 times this month , can i do more? Thanks
Originally Posted by Stoughton
I wish this thread had a wiki.....
Originally Posted by oozze
just want to confirm,
if i made 4 pmts this Fri and Sat (6/27 and 6/28), do I have to wait until 7/27 or 7/29 to pay the next payment or it reset on 7/1?

Thks!

oozze
Originally Posted by Stoughton
I wish this thread had a wiki.....
So much face palm.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:03 pm

RTFW (ukulele original)
Old Jun 25, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: united 1k
thanks. actually , I got a email from evlove today (yesterday I made 4 payment)

This email is to inform you that your account with this biller at Evolve Money has been suspended due to the volume processed, there is now a 4 payment limit on this account per month. We are unable to allow future payments to this account until July 1, 2014. Please be advised that future attempts to make a payment to this account prior to this date will result in an authorization hold of funds on your attempted payment method. We regret any inconvenience this causes, but hope that you will continue to pay other billers that are available to you through Evolve Money.

Originally Posted by ninim2200
No, you shouldn't pay more than 4
Old Jun 26, 2014, 8:23 pm

Does anyone know if a payment made in May but delivered in June counts toward the (4 payments/month) limit for May or June? I usually make my mortgage payments during the weekend closest to the 1st but now need to be careful not to go over the limit...
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by ataturk
Longtime lurker first time poster (a.k.a. the devil incarnate). I have been repaying a bill using Evolve that is about to close (a loan). I assume if I overpay the last month they will just send me a check in the mail. Will the payee be removed at that point, or will I be able to continue to use them to convert payments to cash?

Advanced apologies if this is too stupid a question. Feel free to ignore.
I would be careful. I went a bit crazy and overpaid my mortgage right when I was about to finish my refi. Most of my payments posted and was refunded back to me, but I'm needing to chase down the other 7k.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 6:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by subdawg
I would be careful. I went a bit crazy and overpaid my mortgage right when I was about to finish my refi. Most of my payments posted and was refunded back to me, but I'm needing to chase down the other 7k.
Was that $7k returned to the original debit/gift card?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Was that $7k returned to the original debit/gift card?
I was escalating it with my lender, but they don't have any record of those extra payments. So now I need to take it up with evolve.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by subdawg
I was escalating it with my lender, but they don't have any record of those extra payments. So now I need to take it up with evolve.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I hope you kept good records and the gift cards/reload packs.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 8:39 am

What company owns / is backing evolve? Is it safe?

Am I paranoid? I don't want to load an evolve account with thousands of dollars to pay college tuition bills (that would work, right?) and then find out between loading the account and sending the money, that they folded / ran off with everyone's money.

They are a free service, right? What's their business model / how are they paying their bills? The float on the money they are holding? I'd hate for them to go away

is there some big legitimate named company behind evolve?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by not007
Am I paranoid? I don't want to load an evolve account with thousands of dollars to pay college tuition bills (that would work, right?) and then find out between loading the account and sending the money, that they folded / ran off with everyone's money.

They are a free service, right? What's their business model / how are they paying their bills? The float on the money they are holding? I'd hate for them to go away

is there some big legitimate named company behind evolve?
You know, you could just go to their website and see at the bottom that it is run by Precash...
Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by not007
is there some big legitimate named company behind evolve ?
the antichrist
Old Jun 27, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by bbeey
Does anyone know if a payment made in May but delivered in June counts toward the (4 payments/month) limit for May or June? I usually make my mortgage payments during the weekend closest to the 1st but now need to be careful not to go over the limit...
I believe it counts for May. I had the same thing. Payment made in May, delivered June 2. I was able to make 4 additional payments in June on that account. Got the suspend e-mail after the 4th payment.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 2:46 pm

Just a datapoint - I have paid my mortgage the last few months with 200's. I decided to get rid of some of my $500 OV's and use bluebird bill pay for the final overage. Paid with wife's account and my account and bluebird (To Chase) - got an email 3 days later banning me from Evolve for use of multiple accounts.

I sent them a statement showing my wife and I were both on the account and the amount was slightly under the mortgage that was paid, and they reversed the ban and simply said to not pay using multiple accounts - only to pay with one account - and stay within the 4 payment rule, and they would be okay. I accepted and they removed the ban.

So I guess I'll do a slightly before and after midnight payment next month.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by djangojam
I believe it counts for May. I had the same thing. Payment made in May, delivered June 2. I was able to make 4 additional payments in June on that account. Got the suspend e-mail after the 4th payment.
Thank you so much!
Old Jun 27, 2014, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by bbeey
Thank you so much!
Not in my case, my payment in May posted June 2nd counted as a june payment!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.