Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Univision Prepaid Mastercard from Safeway/Vons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
These cards no longer earn fuel points.

TIP:Purchases of $500 or more require manager override. You will hold up the line and risk getting shutdown: Hint: $495 + $4.95 fee = $499.95

As of July 16, 2014, cards are not PINable(again) without registration; calling to activate sends to representative. Before Feb 3 2014 and after ~ Mar 17 2014, a PIN could/can be set for one-time use.

The Univision Prepaid Mastercard can only be used for credit card transactions*, not debit. Debit/PIN requires SSN registration for enhanced use. This is a standard restriction for this type of card.
*ask the cashier to enter a partial payment amount if your transaction exceeds your card's stored value, otherwise your card will seem broke/inactive.

Enhanced use reports...
  • Monthly fee at ~30-day anniversary of registration
  • ReloadIt and Moneypak reloading
    • Do not load over 950 in a day, they will suspend your card
    • VR reloading now seems broken
  • Cashover(cashback) available with debit purchase at some registers
  • ACH Pull does not work

The Univision Prepaid Mastercard is product from The Bancorp Bank.

Until 3/24 you could load with VR. Just like with the PIN working, not working, then working again, keep trying with VR and if you succeed, please report here.
Print Wikipost

Univision Prepaid Mastercard from Safeway/Vons

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Another 4 purchased, registered and liquidated to BB within an hour. Fuel points on all of them, granted the points are now on 4 separate club cards....
hey man did you try using the ATM to withdraw any of these cards? Any success with that? Or are you only cashing out using bluebird and MO? Please help. I have used an ATM and it is denying to give any cash and tell contact the bank. Any thoughts? Does ATM withdrawal work for the temperory card that we just got?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:22 pm
jmw

"Shame on you for trying to withdraw cash."

From the bilingual TL;DR piece of paper that came with the card:

"Cash access is available to Registered Cards and Personalized Cards."

"If your identity has been verified, you may use your Registered Card or your Personalized Card in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, to make up to four (4) domestic ATM cash withdrawals..."

Last edited by jmw; Jan 12, 2014 at 3:28 pm
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by jmw

"Shame on you for trying to withdraw cash."

From the bilingual TL;DR piece of paper that came with the card:

"Cash access is available to Registered Cards and Personalized Cards."

"If your identity has been verified, you may use your Registered Card or your Personalized Card in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, to make up to four (4) domestic ATM cash withdrawals..."
Lol! Sorry yeah, I just read the terms and realized and came here to post that I was stupid and saw your post.... Thanks though, I needed that right on my face. What was I thinking! So dumb of me
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:36 pm

My local Safeway wouldn't allow cc
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:50 pm

Another 4 purchased, registered and liquidated to BB within an hour. Fuel points on all of them, granted the points are now on 4 separate club cards....
Four separate trips to the cashier? Or all at once?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by itchyfeet123
Four separate trips to the cashier? Or all at once?
Didn't want to push my luck too much. 2 with one cashier at one store, then 2 with another cashier at another store which on my way to WM. In both cases they were done as separate transactions since I had to switch club cards in between. Activated them with my cell from the parking lot of the respective stores.

Neither cashier seemed at all phased by doing two in a row. The only thing they were interested in was the card itself. It seemed like they had never sold that variety before. Probably not a big seller.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:22 pm

Didn't want to push my luck too much. 2 with one cashier at one store, then 2 with another cashier at another store which on my way to WM. In both cases they were done as separate transactions since I had to switch club cards in between. Activated them with my cell from the parking lot of the respective stores.

Neither cashier seemed at all phased by doing two in a row. The only thing they were interested in was the card itself. It seemed like they had never sold that variety before. Probably not a big seller.
Lame question, but I don't have these stores where I live (I was headed home earlier). Is there anything to do for the just4U? I have a club card. Is there sometimes special to activate on it?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rossrr
Lame question, but I don't have these stores where I live (I was headed home earlier). Is there anything to do for the just4U? I have a club card. Is there sometimes special to activate on it?
You have to add the digital coupon online in order to cut the fee in half. Just having the club card isn't enough. In order to add the coupon, you'll have to create an online profile tied to your club card.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:48 pm

You have to add the digital coupon online in order to cut the fee in half. Just having the club card isn't enough. In order to add the coupon, you'll have to create an online profile tied to your club card.
Is this a one time use only per card? Or did you get multiple safeway cards?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:06 pm
jza

Programs: UA, AA, MP, RR
It appears to be Don Francisco from Sabado Gigante
http://www.univision.com/talentos/don-francisco

(or at least that's what Google's image search says)
It is indeed Don Francisco. Finally I can get back at him after being forced to watch that show so many years!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:27 pm

Well I went in the morning and I was able to get a 500 without any problem. Now i went again and they said cash only. It seems only managers can override it now. They know about this deal and they told me they are implementing this is all stores wide. This card is now considered in the same genre as greendot and hence no more CC's. Variable visa gc for 5.95 are still available to purchase via CC. Weird.... I think we FT'ers have caught their whiff? Anyways it was good as long it lasted atleast for me. Will go in again and try my luck with other cashiers tomorrow! Good luck everyone.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by rossrr
Worked at a Safeway affiliate in Houston. Loaded $500. Called to set pin (no personal info needed) and cashed out as a $0.89 money order at the same store. Done. $4.95 fee is better than VGC.
Did you use your Club Card? If so, can you please check your receipt to see if it says anything about 1000 (fuel) points? If the fuel points post without the just4u or after the just4u has been "1-time-only'd", it's still a smokin deal so we all would like to know, thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Did you use your Club Card? If so, can you please check your receipt to see if it says anything about 1000 (fuel) points? If the fuel points post without the just4u or after the just4u has been "1-time-only'd", it's still a smokin deal so we all would like to know, thanks!
Yes it gives the fuel points and the coupon needs to be synced to the card and it vanishes from the account after using it the first time.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:43 pm

Thanks but you're cluttering up the thread. My question is specific to someone who either...

- never used just4u but did use their Club Card, or
- did a second purchase with the same Club Card #
(I know the just4u coupon vanishes cuz I already bought one and checked)
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Thanks but you're cluttering up the thread. My question is specific to someone who either...

- never used just4u but did use their Club Card, or
- did a second purchase with the same Club Card #
(I know the just4u coupon vanishes cuz I already bought one and checked)
The answer to both your questions is NO. Because I have tried both. NO you cannot purchase without the club card, and NO you cannot use it again because it is one time only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.