Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Univision Prepaid Mastercard from Safeway/Vons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Alcibiades
These cards no longer earn fuel points.

TIP:Purchases of $500 or more require manager override. You will hold up the line and risk getting shutdown: Hint: $495 + $4.95 fee = $499.95

As of July 16, 2014, cards are not PINable(again) without registration; calling to activate sends to representative. Before Feb 3 2014 and after ~ Mar 17 2014, a PIN could/can be set for one-time use.

The Univision Prepaid Mastercard can only be used for credit card transactions*, not debit. Debit/PIN requires SSN registration for enhanced use. This is a standard restriction for this type of card.
*ask the cashier to enter a partial payment amount if your transaction exceeds your card's stored value, otherwise your card will seem broke/inactive.

Enhanced use reports...
  • Monthly fee at ~30-day anniversary of registration
  • ReloadIt and Moneypak reloading
    • Do not load over 950 in a day, they will suspend your card
    • VR reloading now seems broken
  • Cashover(cashback) available with debit purchase at some registers
  • ACH Pull does not work

The Univision Prepaid Mastercard is product from The Bancorp Bank.

Until 3/24 you could load with VR. Just like with the PIN working, not working, then working again, keep trying with VR and if you succeed, please report here.
Print Wikipost

Univision Prepaid Mastercard from Safeway/Vons

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbft77
Are there any easy ways remaining to get a lot of gas points at Safeway/Vons?
This is not the thread to ask this question... Lots of info in the Manufacture Spending forum though.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:39 pm

Question, I have been reading through the old posts, but didnt' see. Has anyone had their card locked with the Pfraud tag? I tried to load today and they locked my card and are asking for Driver license, SSN card, utility bill and proof of last loads. I had sent all that when I bought the card last July. After receiving they want more than a week to verify. Just curious if anybody has had this happen.

Thanks for any replies.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry
Question, I have been reading through the old posts, but didnt' see. Has anyone had their card locked with the Pfraud tag? I tried to load today and they locked my card and are asking for Driver license, SSN card, utility bill and proof of last loads. I had sent all that when I bought the card last July. After receiving they want more than a week to verify. Just curious if anybody has had this happen.

Thanks for any replies.
Update: Got the card unlocked after sending them receipts for last loads. Drained the card today and will sock drawer. They complained I loaded and unloaded too fast.

With the death of MP's looming, will cancel this card.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:38 am
jk2

Originally Posted by givingitatry
Update: Got the card unlocked after sending them receipts for last loads. Drained the card today and will sock drawer. They complained I loaded and unloaded too fast.

With the death of MP's looming, will cancel this card.
How much did you put on the card during the calendar month? I did a $5K and cannot load more (I use ReloadIts via safe, second day in the row I'm getting a "technical difficulties" message, but card status is Active).
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:23 am

is this a viable alternative to the TMO card? Looking to add something to my portfolio if my TMO card is shut down. Does the 950 load per day rule still apply? Seems very low.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:41 am
jk2

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
is this a viable alternative to the TMO card? Looking to add something to my portfolio if my TMO card is shut down. Does the 950 load per day rule still apply? Seems very low.
According to their T&C:

The maximum number of times you may load your Card with cash is ten (10) times in any 30-day period. The maximum amount you can load is $950.00 per transaction, and $9,500.00 in any 30-day period.

BTW, here was answer for my problem - I hit a "ten times load per 30 days period" limit.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
How much did you put on the card during the calendar month? I did a $5K and cannot load more (I use ReloadIts via safe, second day in the row I'm getting a "technical difficulties" message, but card status is Active).
I only did about 1500 to 2000 a month. I had other options at the time to spread around. I made my card inactive and haven't used it in two months. I am waiting to see if my local gas station starts using the swipe load procedure.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
According to their T&C:

The maximum number of times you may load your Card with cash is ten (10) times in any 30-day period. The maximum amount you can load is $950.00 per transaction, and $9,500.00 in any 30-day period.

BTW, here was answer for my problem - I hit a "ten times load per 30 days period" limit.
if load $900 from reload safe account at the same time, but the $900 is from TWO reloadIt pack. Will this count as ONE time load or TWO times load?

If it is counted as TWO time load, then the maximum we can load is 10 reloadIt packs per 30 days.

Please clear the question! I am going to jump in the game.

Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by cashbacker
I am going to jump in the game.
Good luck. In my experience Univision/Bancorp rates right up there with PayPal and Green Dot in the Jerk Hall of Fame. On my third $500 load they froze my account and demanded numerous documents. I sent everything they wanted but they decided they were fake, that therefore I must be a criminal, and that I was never getting the forfeited money back. After that, whenever I called they hung up as soon as they figured out who I was. It was only after I sicced the FDIC on Bancorp that I got my money returned a couple months later. I used the questionable legal theory that my funds were lost while in a FDIC-insured account so I was initiating a claim with FDIC. Bancorp blinked when FDIC asked what the heck is going on.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by noassumptions
Good luck. In my experience Univision/Bancorp rates right up there with PayPal and Green Dot in the Jerk Hall of Fame. On my third $500 load they froze my account and demanded numerous documents. I sent everything they wanted but they decided they were fake, that therefore I must be a criminal, and that I was never getting the forfeited money back. After that, whenever I called they hung up as soon as they figured out who I was. It was only after I sicced the FDIC on Bancorp that I got my money returned a couple months later. I used the questionable legal theory that my funds were lost while in a FDIC-insured account so I was initiating a claim with FDIC. Bancorp blinked when FDIC asked what the heck is going on.
Thanks for your information!
Would please someone reply the following questions?

if load $900 from reload safe account at the same time, but the $900 is from TWO reloadIt packs, say $400 from one oack, $500 from the other pack. Will this count as ONE time load to Univision or TWO times load to Univision?

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2016, 5:16 pm

if load $900 from reload safe account at the same time, but the $900 is from TWO reloadIt pack. Will this count as ONE time load or TWO times load?

If it is counted as TWO time load, then the maximum we can load is 10 reloadIt packs per 30 days.

Please clear the question! I am going to jump in the game.

Thanks
Took me a while to find this thread and answers to my current issue.
Got Univision card at the end of June, as TM card went bye-bye.

Loaded, used card for a lot of random (small) purchases, nothing that should raise red flags. Loaded some more a few days later, continued camouflage spending, etc... and then suddenly can't load from Safe. "Technical difficulties" generic and meaningless message.

Gave it a few days, tried again.. no dice. Have tried every few days since.
Up above is noted that one can only load 10x within a 30 day period. I went back and counted, and sure enough, I have 10x ~$500 loads since June 30th.
There we go. Answered my question, and yours: Each load transaction is counted separately. So loading $500x2 counts as two loads, even if its 'feels' like one from Safe.

I'm rethinking whether UniV is worth $10 a month for only $5k throughput...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.