Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Proposal and Discussion: Limit the MS thread access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal and Discussion: Limit the MS thread access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Folks it seems a reminder is needed that the topic of this thread isn't other members but limiting access to MS forum so please stop sniping at each other and go back to the topic at hand.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:17 am

Delete

Last edited by Ashjam67; Nov 14, 2014 at 7:45 am
Old Nov 9, 2014, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm here. I read the new posts in this thread from time to time, although not according to a regular schedule. I've also been watching the thread on this topic in the Talk Board Topics forum, where I tend to notice and read each new post soon after it appears.

My impression so far is that there isn't a consensus (yet?) that access to the MS forum should be restricted, but I'm willing to be convinced. A well constructed poll could be helpful, especially if a lot of those who are active in this forum vote (but note that you cannot restrict any member of FT from voting), but thoughtful and well articulated posts in the relelvant Talk Board Topics thread are likely to be the most effective way to suggest changes.

I should also point out that the role of Talk Board on FT is advisory. We can vote to recommend changes, but the ultimate decisions rest with our Community Director.
Do you have any recommendations as it pertains to a well constructed poll? See proposal by myself and comments by Tom.

My only other thought, would be to have a poll to identify the pain points (if any) as compared to new rules (e.g. google indexed, blog poaching, people posting before reading wiki/thread, lurkers/leaches, not sharing, etc). If we can agree on things we would like to see improved then maybe we can focus on fixes.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by Ashjam67

Give us newbies a chance to learn the craft. We aren't all fools that rush in to bring down the deals.

Thanks.
I believe this to be true, but many act like they are
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Give us newbies a chance to learn the craft. We aren't all fools that rush in to bring down the deals.
+1
Actually I believe we noobs who actually read here, ask questions and share information are way better than those bloody amateurs who just happened to run into a random blog about "miles" or "travel" and think they know everything. Then there are tons of lurkers who just read and don't contribute. Squareheads would call those guys clueless although it's more of a personal choice instead of lack of knowledge.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:21 am

So limiting this forum would cut me out due to post count. Obviously I don't want that but see no way to keep that from happening if that is the course taken.
It's too bad more members here haven't shared their thoughts about this like you have. As far as any limits actually being implemented, I don't think there is much of a chance of it actually happening, and a post count requirement did not necessarily have to be implemented..

Most people probably don't think all newbies are the problem, and judging from your post and the fact that you took the time to respond here, I don't think it's likely you would be one of them.

I personally don't think limiting acces to this forum would make much of a difference in the longevity of currently, publicly known MS methods. And with such little active participation by members in this thread, I really don't see any good reason to continue the discussion.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by GTFan
the reality is that the best and brightest have already left the building and will continue to do so.
Originally Posted by zenride
I hope those that already left realize it may also be in MS community's best interest to participate in any polls if any actually take place here.
How about that poll?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.