Wiki Posts
Search

Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rdover1
Been in a similar pickle (but more complicated and nothing to do with losing a card).

You can ask CVS to find a receipt copy if you know the date and card used. It also helps if you can identify the register used.

With this you can contact CVS customer service who can submit a research request to get the full VR / gift card number from the purchase. Despite what they told you - keep calling in as you will need to hound them to get this completed in a timely fashion.

With this you can call incomm. A trick way to do this is to call the MVD number: 855-686-9513 and enter 1 for English, then 1 for info on registering. Listen to the (long) message. At the end press "4" to be put through to an agent. They will either help you or connect you. If you have an MVD (even a dead one) you can get there faster by entering your card number and pin as if you were trying to load or get a balance inquiry.
Hi, thanks!
The CVS agaent I spoke with on the phone said she will send the record of purchase to the gift card department and they will apparently be able to retrieve the card numbers! As they have been activated, if I can get those numbers I can simply reload my card then...!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP
...then be more careful! Or let me give you my mailing address in case you need to dispose of any more loaded cards.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
...a girlfriend who doesn't know what a VR is...
You obviously aren't working this relationship to its maximum potential.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Slickw
You obviously aren't working this relationship to its maximum potential.
LOL. She does UR only :P
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Hi, thanks!
The CVS agaent I spoke with on the phone said she will send the record of purchase to the gift card department and they will apparently be able to retrieve the card numbers! As they have been activated, if I can get those numbers I can simply reload my card then...!
Great it has been a lesson learned on keeping receipts. Glad everything looks to be working out. Good luck
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Great it has been a lesson learned on keeping receipts. Glad everything looks to be working out. Good luck
I will rejoice if/when I get my money But yeah, lesson learned for sure!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:13 pm

Love the optimism but are you forgetting the VR digits that appear on your store receipt and the PIN under the scratchoff are completely independent of one another? There'd be no reason for Incomm to want CVS to have the PIN numbers, nor would there be reason for CVS to want them.

Doesn't preclude you from getting your money, but to achieve that without calling Incomm kinda calls into question Incomm's commitment to their own security.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Love the optimism but are you forgetting the VR digits that appear on your store receipt and the PIN under the scratchoff are completely independent of one another? There'd be no reason for Incomm to want CVS to have the PIN numbers, nor would there be reason for CVS to want them.

Doesn't preclude you from getting your money, but to achieve that without calling Incomm kinda calls into question Incomm's commitment to their own security.
Good point! Well calling Incomm would be painful, but not as painful as losing 1k!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 10:58 am
Suspended

Still waiting on CVS (just called them again)... My only fear is that someone sorting garbage actually found the VRs and used them... I hope I am being overly pessimistic here!
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still waiting on CVS (just called them again)... My only fear is that someone sorting garbage actually found the VRs and used them... I hope I am being overly pessimistic here!
In Vegas? They're probably too busy checking receipts from the sports book.

I'd guess they go with what they know: keno, sports book, chips.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:19 pm
Suspended

UPDATE

CVS just called me and said they were able to locate my VR! No one used them and they were able to deactivate them!! Now they will send the info to the store manager where I purchased them for either a full refund or a substitution! It looks like I am going to get my money back in the end!! So relieved!!
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great news.

Interesting implications for a secondary market there (not that I've ever heard of anyone reselling these).
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:03 pm

I feel that if you are not responsible enough to keep receipts on all VR/Paypal/MO purchases and you somehow lose them, then that is your fault. That tells me that you should NOT be playing the MS game because you can end up screwing yourself a lot.

I keep zip lock baggies of all my VR/Paypal cards (past and present) and receipts of all the MS I do just in case I ever need it.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:13 pm

I usually keep the receipts and GC/VRs until I verified that the money is in my account. Otherwise, there are too many to keep. Is there any reason to keep old receipt and GC/VRs after the money has been transferred?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yaoyao
I usually keep the receipts and GC/VRs until I verified that the money is in my account. Otherwise, there are too many to keep. Is there any reason to keep old receipt and GC/VRs after the money has been transferred?
There have been reports of Incomm asking for all kinds of old info - surely just trying to make our situation more difficult.

At this point, I just put all my crap in a manilla folder marked for the month, and toss it in a box in the garage at the end of the month. Never had to go through it (yet).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.