Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated]

Anyone in the community have to deal with stolen/lost money orders? Prudent steps once it occurs?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:10 pm

what kind of money order was it?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
If you have receipt and may be a photocopy of the money order you can issue a stop payment at Walmart provided it has not already been cashed out in which case you are screwed
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:15 pm

Where was it stolen from?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by raghu455
If you have receipt and may be a photocopy of the money order you can issue a stop payment at Walmart provided it has not already been cashed out in which case you are screwed
Does having a receipt help to recover a lost MO?
so far, once I get the MO, I just stash the receipt. when I cash out the MO, I take a photo of MO and save the receipt. wondering what happens if it gets stolen between the steps. perhaps, I should start taking photo of the MO right after I buy it.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Lost VR (and receipt) [Consolidated]

I have lost the VR card and the receipt. I am pretty sure It was misplaced at my home (during a recent re-shuffling of office space). I called the store (drug store) and the only thing they can offer was to print some ledger entry. I was looking for the last 4 digits of card but shift supervisor at the above store can only print the electronic ledger entry for my transaction which unfortunately didn't list the card last 4 digits. I called incomm but no one is available at this time. I am planning to call them tomorrow again but I am curious if anyone else has similar experience. I know I have learnt my lesson here, not to wait! Load them as soon as you got them!

Last edited by nadir576; Jul 24, 2013 at 12:21 am
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:48 pm

You are suppose to treat these as if they are cash. I can not see them helping you, simply because you do not have the receipt. Good luck though, I hope you find it, or they are able to sort it out for you.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:40 pm

I've been through this before, although I thankfully found the VR in the end. Incomm will just tell you it's like cash, and therefore you're SOL...
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
This hobby is very risky due to these high value amounts that we play with. Anyone playing this game should be prepared to take a loss of 1-2 VRs or GCs especially if doing significant volume where it is very very easy to be careless.
I don't even know if I have lost any VRs or GCs as I have so much man spend plus real spend. Even though I track everything it is possible I may have lost something.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the replies. I am prepared to take this kind of hit while doing some man. Spending. I think it's time to reward someone in the HH to do some digging for me.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
Thanks for the replies. I am prepared to take this kind of hit while doing some man. Spending. I think it's time to reward someone in the HH to do some digging for me.
I would call back tomorrow and try to speak with the bookkeeper at the store. In my experience, most retail store managers actually know very little about a store's back office / cash office operations because they simply don't deal with it everyday. I am certain there is more information to be had if you can talk with the right person. Good luck!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:32 pm

Star digging. Dont let the garbage truck pickup the trash until you have been through through the bin with a fine tooth comb. It'll drive you crazy but you can do it.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
This spoils the fun.. I don't understand why the store can't see your recent purchase with your CC.. Most of the OS and Department stores have that facility now... Hope they help.. GL !!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by raghu455
This hobby is very risky due to these high value amounts that we play with. Anyone playing this game should be prepared to take a loss of 1-2 VRs or GCs especially if doing significant volume where it is very very easy to be careless.
I don't even know if I have lost any VRs or GCs as I have so much man spend plus real spend. Even though I track everything it is possible I may have lost something.
I don't agree. I see no reason why anyone should have to lose a VR.

No offence OP (and I feel for you), it's really simple. Buy the VR. Go home. Load your Bluebird.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 12:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Star digging. Dont let the garbage truck pickup the trash until you have been through through the bin with a fine tooth comb. It'll drive you crazy but you can do it.
Already went through it.:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.