Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by craz
Not everyone has a smartphone for 1, 2nd on my netbook after you input the card# and pin and click submit,the "Accept" box doesn't show up on my screen so since that cant be clicked it wont complete the transaction, need my PC.

Im sure there are other reasons as well
1-877-429-8140, you can load by a "dumbphone".
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by UserMark
Even though the CVS receipt has only the last 4 digits of the card, CVS does have the full account number. After some research, they should be able (and willing) to find it and give it to you.
Thanks, that is what i hope for, i talked to CVS this morning and they said they need to do some research and contact me within 10 business days. i'm sure there is a way to track or stop the payment.......they treat this card as cash buy not real cash, it's trackable with all serial no. and pin no., just they willing to do it or not........I hope someone with real experienced go give me some feedback.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by corporateassociateneedsmiles
I was on the other side of the equation back in May and I asked a similar question to both the card "processor" and the store where I presumed it was purchased (found it lot outside store in parking lot). I assumed the card had never been loaded and someone "stole it". Well in fact it was loaded. Store took my name/number down in case the person returned (never was contacted again by store). Called card processor to see if they could contact owner or put hold on card. Card processor told me that they could not track who purchased the card, and that they could put a "hold" on the card if I faxed in a copy of back of card and the 10 digits on bottom. Based on discussions with card processor, I determined that you can put a "freeze" on card, but you better hurry before money is removed (once money is removed, and without copy of card and receipt, they told me "good luck").

Here is what you will need I was told when I was dealing with them with different circumstances: (i) 10 digit code on bottom of card, (ii) store transaction log (you can have Chse request this), it will show actual 10-digit card loaded, amount, purchase method, time, location, method of signature, etc.), (iii) notarized affidavit that the card was lost/stolen and that you want the card frozen. Hope this helps. Btw - tread lightly with Chse since they could decide to shut you down if you push too hard on your request or explain why you want request.
Are you lost the Vanilla Reload card as well? or different card? i called Vanilla and it seems like they aren't willing to help, plus there is only last 4 number printed on the CVS receipt.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by wagon297
Are you lost the Vanilla Reload card as well? or different card? i called Vanilla and it seems like they aren't willing to help, plus there is only last 4 number printed on the CVS receipt.
Didn't "los[t]", but "found". Maybe the situation I report is YMMV, but based on my discussions with them I was informed that with all the correct documentation, they could help whomevers card I "found" (which I ultimately donated to charity). Doesn't sound like they can help you right now because you have NO documentation or information... (e.g., they can't even tell if someone has used the card already because you can't tell them which card it is).

Good luck.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

wagon297's thread has been appended to a previous report of a lost Vanilla Reload card.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:24 pm

With all these lost cards is it any surprise the purchase limit has been raised to $5000?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Slickw
With all these lost cards is it any surprise the purchase limit has been raised to $5000?
I do not think there are that many people losing the VR cards. Nevertheless, somehow CVS must be making a profit, which is probably why they raised the limit.

I think the OP does have a chance of recovering the funds because he still has the receipt. If he did lose the receipt and the VR card, then he probably would have 0% chance of recovering the funds.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:14 pm

CVS is probably not making any money on lost VRs, InComm does.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lad2
1-877-429-8140, you can load by a "dumbphone".
I try to avoid talking to any of their reps. I p/u a load today got to a computer 2 hrs after doing so and no problems TG.Nor have I ever had any.

I simply dont know how anyone could get the pin and a buyer not see that its been played with, even on the old cards. I can understand a switch aroo by the clerk. Maybe thats why with all the VRs Ive purchased I havent had the problem
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by craz
I try to avoid talking to any of their reps. I p/u a load today got to a computer 2 hrs after doing so and no problems TG.Nor have I ever had any.

I simply dont know how anyone could get the pin and a buyer not see that its been played with, even on the old cards. I can understand a switch aroo by the clerk. Maybe thats why with all the VRs Ive purchased I havent had the problem
It's automated. That's the number on the back of VR cards.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:44 am

Good news for me, CVS just called and refunded $500 back on my credit card for the lost vanilla card. CVS ROCKS.......
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by wagon297
Good news for me, CVS just called and refunded $500 back on my credit card for the lost vanilla card. CVS ROCKS.......
Great news! Do you know if they cancelled or de-activated the VR as well?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by hobo916
Great news! Do you know if they cancelled or de-activated the VR as well?
they told me that they de-activated the lost card.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, USairways, HH, Marriott
Unhappy Seeking advice after losing an activated VR card

Here I share my true and ongoing story and my actions. Hope it may help future new comers and, more importantly, I like to hear advice from those experienced on this board.

I bought two VR cards at my local CVS yesterday evening. During the transaction, the CVS cashier thought one of the two cards could not be scanned, so she tossed the card and let me bring a third one. She scanned the new one, the amount looked correct, and I got a receipt showing two VR cards were activated.

However, when I tried to load the two at home, I found only one card was loaded successfully but the other card failed. Called Incomm and was informed the failed card was NOT activated. Then, comparing the two cards with the receipt, I notice the good card was indeed on the receipt but the other activated card (I can see the last four digit) does NOT match the failed card in my hand. I suspect that somehow the card that the CVS cashier threw away was the missing & ACTIVATED one.

Currently I did two things: firstly I opened a case with Incomm on the phone last night, and, per their request, emailed the scan copy of the two cards, both front and back, and receipt to them ([email protected]). I am told I shall be notified the progress within 7 days. Meanwhile, I rushed back to my local CVS in 7AM this morning but failed to find that trashed card. I briefed the accident with a cashier who later told me on the phone that the transaction is not clear yet so I will get update from him tomorrow. I hope CVS can void the missing card and just refund to my credit card.

Thanks for reading my story. This is all I have done so far. Do you see if there is anything else I can do to get the $500 back quickly? Also, if you know how this thing will end, please let me know so I can stop thinking. Thank you.

Last edited by frugalman; Sep 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:19 pm

You should always check that the cards you left with matched the activated ones on the receipt, especially so if there has been a switch. You should get your money back since you have the receipt. Someone posted on another thread that CVS refunded the money after he lost his VR and he brought them the receipt.

The other possibility is that the cashier purposefully switched the cards and then withdrew the money already. That is unlikely, but it is possible. I don't know how that would play out, but you will still most likely get a refund. I hope you remember what the cashier looks like in case you need to provide a description.

Bottom line is people need to be more careful. If people keep losing VRs and hassling CVS, they might decide that it is not worth it to sell them anymore. And I'm sure somebody will try to do a chargeback on their credit cards if they can't get a refund somehow, which can be bad for everybody involved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.