Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: All
There are several apps out there that let you take a picture of receipts and cards to keep a record. I have used Paperless but have been testing others to try and find one that lets me have multiple pictures on one entry (So a pic of every VR and the receipt with one entry) and also a way to check them off when they are used. I am yet to find the perfect app for MS.

Last edited by SeahawkRaptor; Nov 27, 2013 at 10:14 am
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I lost two Vanilla Reload cards... Now what??

I literally threw them away and the only thing that I have to prove the purchase is my credit card statement... Is there any way I can get my money back??! I tried to call the VR number but there is no option to speak with anyone!

HELP!!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
what about the store receipt? those show the last 4 digits of the card. incomm could triangulate that the cards were never redeemed, maybe???
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by carsonheim
what about the store receipt? those show the last 4 digits of the card. incomm could triangulate that the cards were never redeemed, maybe???
I have no store receipt... It was in the bag I threw away... aaargh
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82
I have no store receipt... It was in the bag I threw away... aaargh
I'm not 100% sure, but if you don't have the receipt or the cards, you're probably SOL :/ can you go through your trash to look for it again or has it already been taken?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
Some stores can reproduce receipts using your CC #. Home Depot for an example. But I'm not sure about the drugstores. Just go ask the store manager and see if they can find the receipt in their system. I'm guessing they should be able to reprint your receipt. Specially with all the data mining they do including ID scans and whatnot.

Hope you didn't purchase them while you were on a trip.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by maddie5218
I'm not 100% sure, but if you don't have the receipt or the cards, you're probably SOL :/ can you go through your trash to look for it again or has it already been taken?
Been taken... i only have the credit card statement showing the CVS purchase for that amount, but that's it... doesn't CVS do copies of receipts?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:28 pm

Receipt from Credit CArd

Although awkward, you could dispute the charge or otherwise obtain the receipt from the credit card company. Usually the CVS receipt has the last few numbers of the card (not the PIN, but the card). Try that. Good luck.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ted King
Although awkward, you could dispute the charge or otherwise obtain the receipt from the credit card company. Usually the CVS receipt has the last few numbers of the card (not the PIN, but the card). Try that. Good luck.
Um...please do not dispute with the credit card company. That would not only make you look like a schmuck but would cause a big headache for CVS for just carrying these things, which is bad for all of us.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Um...please do not dispute with the credit card company. That would not only make you look like a schmuck but would cause a big headache for CVS for just carrying these things, which is bad for all of us.
Apparently I need to go to CVS and request a copy of their electronic journal.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UR, SPG,
oops... MS is a risky business
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please keep us up to date on this one. Definitely one of my fears in this world.

I'm hoping for the best for you.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Though one thing to do is to immediately take a picture with your cell phone of the back of every card you buy.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 16, 2014 at 8:50 am
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ted King
On what grounds would he dispute the charge other than outright lying?

As has been posted, your best bet is to get a copy of the receipt. If you can, you should be able to contact Incomm and they should be able to help you.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thewire76
To all of those forum threads debating the economics of MS and who wins and who loses.... think we just found the answer. I think you're SOL, but I really do hope you prove me wrong.
Apparently others in my situation were able to recover their money

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jan 16, 2014 at 11:27 am Reason: removed masked obscenity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.