FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1525545-risk-loss-ms-consolidated.html)

wq557 Jul 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated]

Anyone in the community have to deal with stolen/lost money orders? Prudent steps once it occurs?

mr_rogers Jul 17, 2013 8:10 pm

what kind of money order was it?

raghu455 Jul 17, 2013 8:11 pm

If you have receipt and may be a photocopy of the money order you can issue a stop payment at Walmart provided it has not already been cashed out in which case you are screwed

cashback Jul 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Where was it stolen from?

T3pleShot Jul 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by raghu455 (Post 21116118)
If you have receipt and may be a photocopy of the money order you can issue a stop payment at Walmart provided it has not already been cashed out in which case you are screwed

Does having a receipt help to recover a lost MO?
so far, once I get the MO, I just stash the receipt. when I cash out the MO, I take a photo of MO and save the receipt. wondering what happens if it gets stolen between the steps. perhaps, I should start taking photo of the MO right after I buy it.

nadir576 Jul 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Lost VR (and receipt) [Consolidated]

I have lost the VR card and the receipt. I am pretty sure It was misplaced at my home (during a recent re-shuffling of office space). I called the store (drug store) and the only thing they can offer was to print some ledger entry. I was looking for the last 4 digits of card but shift supervisor at the above store can only print the electronic ledger entry for my transaction which unfortunately didn't list the card last 4 digits. I called incomm but no one is available at this time. I am planning to call them tomorrow again but I am curious if anyone else has similar experience. I know I have learnt my lesson here, not to wait! Load them as soon as you got them!

Pencegeri Jul 23, 2013 7:48 pm

You are suppose to treat these as if they are cash. I can not see them helping you, simply because you do not have the receipt. Good luck though, I hope you find it, or they are able to sort it out for you.

gloreglabert Jul 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I've been through this before, although I thankfully found the VR in the end. Incomm will just tell you it's like cash, and therefore you're SOL...

raghu455 Jul 23, 2013 8:45 pm

This hobby is very risky due to these high value amounts that we play with. Anyone playing this game should be prepared to take a loss of 1-2 VRs or GCs especially if doing significant volume where it is very very easy to be careless.
I don't even know if I have lost any VRs or GCs as I have so much man spend plus real spend. Even though I track everything it is possible I may have lost something.

nadir576 Jul 23, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. I am prepared to take this kind of hit while doing some man. Spending. I think it's time to reward someone in the HH to do some digging for me.

TravelsLite Jul 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576 (Post 21148249)
Thanks for the replies. I am prepared to take this kind of hit while doing some man. Spending. I think it's time to reward someone in the HH to do some digging for me.

I would call back tomorrow and try to speak with the bookkeeper at the store. In my experience, most retail store managers actually know very little about a store's back office / cash office operations because they simply don't deal with it everyday. I am certain there is more information to be had if you can talk with the right person. Good luck!

KYBOSH Jul 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Star digging. Dont let the garbage truck pickup the trash until you have been through through the bin with a fine tooth comb. It'll drive you crazy but you can do it.

slickpokerdealer Jul 23, 2013 10:42 pm

This spoils the fun.. I don't understand why the store can't see your recent purchase with your CC.. Most of the OS and Department stores have that facility now... Hope they help.. GL !!

jatink129 Jul 23, 2013 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by raghu455 (Post 21148049)
This hobby is very risky due to these high value amounts that we play with. Anyone playing this game should be prepared to take a loss of 1-2 VRs or GCs especially if doing significant volume where it is very very easy to be careless.
I don't even know if I have lost any VRs or GCs as I have so much man spend plus real spend. Even though I track everything it is possible I may have lost something.

I don't agree. I see no reason why anyone should have to lose a VR.

No offence OP (and I feel for you), it's really simple. Buy the VR. Go home. Load your Bluebird.

nadir576 Jul 24, 2013 12:22 am

Originally Posted by KYBOSH (Post 21148408)
Star digging. Dont let the garbage truck pickup the trash until you have been through through the bin with a fine tooth comb. It'll drive you crazy but you can do it.

Already went through it.::)