FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Risk of Loss in MS [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1525545-risk-loss-ms-consolidated.html)

SeahawkRaptor Nov 27, 2013 10:04 am

There are several apps out there that let you take a picture of receipts and cards to keep a record. I have used Paperless but have been testing others to try and find one that lets me have multiple pictures on one entry (So a pic of every VR and the receipt with one entry) and also a way to check them off when they are used. I am yet to find the perfect app for MS.

oneworld82 Jan 15, 2014 5:55 pm

I lost two Vanilla Reload cards... Now what??

:confused:

I literally threw them away and the only thing that I have to prove the purchase is my credit card statement... Is there any way I can get my money back??! I tried to call the VR number but there is no option to speak with anyone!

HELP!!

carsonheim Jan 15, 2014 5:58 pm

what about the store receipt? those show the last 4 digits of the card. incomm could triangulate that the cards were never redeemed, maybe???

oneworld82 Jan 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by carsonheim (Post 22162685)
what about the store receipt? those show the last 4 digits of the card. incomm could triangulate that the cards were never redeemed, maybe???

I have no store receipt... It was in the bag I threw away... aaargh

maddie5218 Jan 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by oneworld82 (Post 22162729)
I have no store receipt... It was in the bag I threw away... aaargh

I'm not 100% sure, but if you don't have the receipt or the cards, you're probably SOL :/ can you go through your trash to look for it again or has it already been taken?

flyertalk77 Jan 15, 2014 6:21 pm

Some stores can reproduce receipts using your CC #. Home Depot for an example. But I'm not sure about the drugstores. Just go ask the store manager and see if they can find the receipt in their system. I'm guessing they should be able to reprint your receipt. Specially with all the data mining they do including ID scans and whatnot.

Hope you didn't purchase them while you were on a trip.

oneworld82 Jan 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by maddie5218 (Post 22162793)
I'm not 100% sure, but if you don't have the receipt or the cards, you're probably SOL :/ can you go through your trash to look for it again or has it already been taken?

Been taken... i only have the credit card statement showing the CVS purchase for that amount, but that's it... doesn't CVS do copies of receipts?

TKKY Jan 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Receipt from Credit CArd

Although awkward, you could dispute the charge or otherwise obtain the receipt from the credit card company. Usually the CVS receipt has the last few numbers of the card (not the PIN, but the card). Try that. Good luck.

gloreglabert Jan 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ted King (Post 22162820)
Although awkward, you could dispute the charge or otherwise obtain the receipt from the credit card company. Usually the CVS receipt has the last few numbers of the card (not the PIN, but the card). Try that. Good luck.

Um...please do not dispute with the credit card company. That would not only make you look like a schmuck but would cause a big headache for CVS for just carrying these things, which is bad for all of us.

oneworld82 Jan 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by gloreglabert (Post 22162891)
Um...please do not dispute with the credit card company. That would not only make you look like a schmuck but would cause a big headache for CVS for just carrying these things, which is bad for all of us.

Apparently I need to go to CVS and request a copy of their electronic journal.

Elmatador Jan 15, 2014 7:10 pm

oops... MS is a risky business ;)

josephstern Jan 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Please keep us up to date on this one. Definitely one of my fears in this world.

I'm hoping for the best for you.

rufflesinc Jan 15, 2014 7:41 pm

Though one thing to do is to immediately take a picture with your cell phone of the back of every card you buy.

dogbyte Jan 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ted King (Post 22162820)

On what grounds would he dispute the charge other than outright lying?

As has been posted, your best bet is to get a copy of the receipt. If you can, you should be able to contact Incomm and they should be able to help you.

oneworld82 Jan 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by thewire76 (Post 22163170)
To all of those forum threads debating the economics of MS and who wins and who loses.... think we just found the answer. I think you're SOL, but I really do hope you prove me wrong.

Apparently others in my situation were able to recover their money