Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bikeguy
Kate will only allow load totals up to $1999.99 every 10 minutes. It does not matter if it was you or the person before you. If you go over that limit, Kate will freeze. Sept 2015- Several people have reported the 10 minute limit is now longer than 10. Not sure how much longer yet. Several Kate's have locked up following the old 10 minute rule.

9 digit pin problem - Sometimes, for unknown reasons, after you swipe your card and enter your pin, MCE will ask you for a 9 digit pin. To date, no one knows why this happens, or has a fix for it. If it repeatedly asks you for a pin, this is the same as the 9 digit pin problem and there is no fix.
Unplugging and re-booting by a supervisor doesn't fix this problem.

For consistent MCE issues, use the WM feedback link to report:
https://corporate.walmart.com/contac...orate-feedback
Select 'store experience' and be sure to include the store number and address. If you include your name and phone number the stores sometimes call when it is working again. Do not abuse this as it may lead to your MCE being removed.

How to shut Kate up by sosamo
  1. Before you press anything, plug the headphones into the jack near the pinpad
  2. The touchscreen will "gray" out, and you won't be able to press anything.
  3. Press '3' on the pinpad
  4. Press 'Enter' on the pinpad
  5. Continue business as usual on the touch screen.

Note: If you ever make a mistake, to get out, just unplug the headphone.

----
Walmart Money Center Kiosk Location

Any of the walmarts on the list have a Kate
http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Look for "Walmart Money Center Express" as one of the services
http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter
------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by mitrals
Thank you! I found a picture of Kate here:
http://travelwithgrant.com/wp-conten.../BB-WM-ATM.png

Does Kate issues money orders too?
find out yourself, thats the only way
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:54 pm

Kiosk in Kearny, NJ does not work. I tried loading BB in money center and cashiers in Garfield, NJ and they said it's store policy not to allow gift card loads onto BB. I referred to them as debit cards and they asked to see it.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:57 pm

way too many people in NJ yet way too few Kiosks available.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:40 pm

My one working local Kate was dead today. She was working great earlier last week (BB and MO) later in the week BB was working but MO failed (had to get management involved to finally get a MO cut at customer service center--it was fairly easy but I hate the attention). Today she was just totally non-responsive (insert joke here).

On a more worrying front the two CS ladies (I went to the CS desk since Kate wasn't in the mood today) were talking about manufactured spend (they didn't user the term though). They clearly had a pretty rough idea of what was going on and this is new (I go their pretty regularly and this has never come up before). The same two women are always on duty first thing in the morning. Anyway they knew folks were buying gift cards and putting them on BB for miles. They didn't completely understand because they thought the miles came from the BB card.

Anyway they asked me if I had heard of that and I said I had heard that some folks did such things. They asked me if I was doing it for miles and I said I wasn't (true since the 1V I was using was for cash back not miles). They seemed to accept that. The good news was they didn't seem to care in the least about it all. Still not good news that it is getting out.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 36902BRF

Anyway they asked me if I had heard of that and I said I had heard that some folks did such things. They asked me if I was doing it for miles and I said I wasn't (true since the 1V I was using was for cash back not miles). They seemed to accept that. The good news was they didn't seem to care in the least about it all. Still not good news that it is getting out.
Do you really think that the big upswing in loading BB at WM is going unnoticed by both the WM workers and WM management? Just think of all the people that had been buying VR cards at CVS and loading them on BB that are now going to WM with "debit" cards and asking for split payments.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by deant
Do you really think that the big upswing in loading BB at WM is going unnoticed by both the WM workers and WM management? Just think of all the people that had been buying VR cards at CVS and loading them on BB that are now going to WM with "debit" cards and asking for split payments.
I am really curious to see the sales after CVS went cash only and then the subsequent uptick of BB loads at Walmart the following week.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:42 am

Anyone notice the Kiosk is gone in Walmart Milpitas, CA? It's not even relocated to another part of the store.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:28 am

In general no I didn't, however there haven't appeared to be a lot of MS'ers around me either (never have had an issue getting VRs, VCGs, etc here). So it did surprise me a bit at this location.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:51 am

At my store in SoCal they have a whole end-aisle display at the front of the store featuring BlueBird. If they're putting that much shelf space into BlueBird, I'd say WM isn't at all disappointed.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
A First?

Was recently at my local Wally World and found a short line at the Money Center, but there was a working (HA!) kiosk. I proceeded to purchase 4x500 with my Skypesos card. First MO prints, then the machine quits. Shows me an error message and prints out a receipt (showing I'd been charged the full $2K) along with an error slip to take to the "service counter." Uh-oh.

Needless to say, I did not enjoy the ensuing hour of watching WM employees scratch their heads, call WU, open up the machine, reboot the machine, reload the machine, fail to get the machine to work, wait on hold for WU, etc. etc. etc. Finally a WM manager (PBUH) took 1,500 in cash out of the Kiosk, purchased MOs at the MC and handed them to me along with my receipts. Somedays, I'm not sure this game is worth the stress....

Andyandy

ETA: I'm glad that the kiosk doesn't allow split tender, or I'd have likely used multiple VGCs. That would have been one more complication I didn't need.

Last edited by andyandy; Apr 23, 2014 at 5:06 pm
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by andyandy
Was recently at my local Wally World and found a short line at the Money Center, but there was a working (HA!) kiosk. I proceeded to purchase 4x500 with my Skypesos card. First MO prints, then the machine quits. Shows me an error message and prints out a receipt (showing I'd been charged the full $2K) along with an error slip to take to the "service counter." Uh-oh.

Needless to say, I did not enjoy the ensuing hour of watching WM employees scratch their heads, call WU, open up the machine, reboot the machine, reload the machine, fail to get the machine to work, wait on hold for WU, etc. etc. etc. Finally a WM manager (PBUH) took 1,500 in cash out of the Kiosk, purchased MOs at the MC and handed them to me along with my receipts. Somedays, I'm not sure this game is worth the stress....

Andyandy

ETA: I'm glad that the kiosk doesn't allow split tender, or I'd have likely used multiple VGCs. That would have been one more complication I didn't need.
Does not make sense. Since you can't split tender, each MO is a discrete transaction, so why would Kate print out "a receipt (showing I'd been charged the full $2K)" instead of 4 receipts, one per MO? And after the second MO didn't print, why would you go on to try to buy #s 3 and 4?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF

Good for walmart. Screw cvs. They could have just made serve loads cash or debit only and that still would have resolved their cc swipe fee issue.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by riquelmean
way too many people in NJ yet way too few Kiosks available.
Why are people afraid to talk to a money center person? Fine with me if you are but I have been doing bill-pay, MOs forever, and now just added loading BB with no problem. And yes they are g cards but those are curse words and never leave my lips. They are debit cards and my 3 WMS in NJ are just fine with that.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by Wonko
Does not make sense. Since you can't split tender, each MO is a discrete transaction, so why would Kate print out "a receipt (showing I'd been charged the full $2K)" instead of 4 receipts, one per MO? And after the second MO didn't print, why would you go on to try to buy #s 3 and 4?
Reading is fundamental:

"I proceeded to purchase 4x500 with my Skypesos card."

and:

"I'm glad that the kiosk doesn't allow split tender, or I'd have likely used multiple VGCs."

Maybe your kiosks are different, but here they allow up to four $500 MOs in a single purchase. There would be no reason to make multiple charges and complete multiple discrete transactions when using a Skypesos (ST Debit) card.

Last edited by andyandy; Apr 24, 2014 at 6:24 am Reason: clarity
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:58 pm

Adding a data point to the 9-digit pin (of doom) issue:

I ran into it today trying to load two different prepaid debit cards. I had tried the Walmart MoneyCard and Bluebird options, but I was presented with the 9-digit pin request (after entering my 4-digit pin).

As a workaround, I attempted to enter zero's first, but Kate wouldn't accept them.

This appears to be either an admin or manager code, and the guidelines seem to be that their code can't start with a zero. I am in no way suggesting anyone attempt to obtain a code.

This was my first attempt at a kiosk, so you can imagine I was scratching my head wondering what I was doing wrong. ...only to find out others have run into the same issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.